Sign in to follow this  
grasmann

"Balancing" Survivors and Bandits

Well ok ... I guess this discussion has lost it's point completely ... so lets just end it here.

I understand that my suggestions are not welcome in this community ... so I will just try so

survive with all possible tricks.

Can you explain why you, mistakenly, think things need balancing?

And an alt f4er was born. Pretty low.

I haven't had much actual contact with other players ingame so far:

1. The mentioned story with ALT-F4 bomber

2. We surprised a sniper, shot him, but obviously he didn't die and could ALT-F4 out

3. A guy killed me and my friend without even paying attention to all the zombies around, which also attacked him, he absolutely focused on us, and probably ALT-F4ed out after that as well

4. Two encounters were both parties backed up slowly to prevent problems ( those were legit )

So to sum this up 60% of the people I met ingame so far were douchebags using poor tricks.

I'm deeply sorry ... but if this is how you people play this game ... I'll just have to do the same.

And this is my last post in this thread.

I haven't had much actual contact with other players ingame so far:

1. The mentioned story with ALT-F4 bomber

2. We surprised a sniper, shot him, but obviously he didn't die and could ALT-F4 out

3. A guy killed me and my friend without even paying attention to all the zombies around, which also attacked him, he absolutely focused on us, and probably ALT-F4ed out after that as well

4. Two encounters were both parties backed up slowly to prevent problems ( those were legit )

So to sum this up 60% of the people I met ingame so far were douchebags using poor tricks.

I'm deeply sorry ... but if this is how you people play this game ... I'll just have to do the same.

And this is my last post in this thread.

1. This is kinda funny, just take it as a joke. It's the same as the axemen up north, at least something's happening.

2. You're basically becoming one of those guys, so you can't judge him for that.

3. Common tactic. Lure zombies to survivors and shoot their legs. Nothing non-legit about that.

4. The way to play the game.

Matter of fact is, right now everyone starts with the same equipment, that's more balancing than every other solution. If you change the starting equipment for survivors, we will shoot each other withing the group and nurse us back to health to get +humanity. And thus we introduce stats padding.

• Like 1

OP is the worst kind of carebear I have ever encountered

Not only does he propose a BS system to punish bandits, he also admits to using AltF4 to save his sorry ass

Oh god, I hope you don't breed

Edited by Hawk24

OP is the worst kind of carebear I have ever encountered

Not only does he propose a BS system to punish bandits, he also admits to using AltF4 to save his sorry ass

Oh god, I hope you don't breed

No need to insult him for his playstyle. It's not a good way to play the game but that doesn't mean he's some kind of terrorist. If the Elektro campers and hackers stop giving people any reason to Alt+F4, I'm happy with personally flogging every quitter personally, until then, they're just an annoyance like any other cheater and glitcher.

The only reason to f4 is cheaters.

All I see from the op is crying about getting killed, and then more crying about how unfair it all is. I don't think games like this are for you.

More better would be to add some more hp to heroes (Like boost it up to 15k blood when you're hero), but make bandits start with camo clothing wearing shemaghs.

Everybody would be happy :)

More better would be to add some more hp to heroes (Like boost it up to 15k blood when you're hero), but make bandits start with camo clothing wearing shemaghs.

Everybody would be happy :)

Fuck no, that means that they have probably two or three seconds more to Alt+F4 before I can kill them. As soon as the "heroes" get more health I want AS50 as starting equipment for bandits. Or alternatively CAS for everybody.

Only way to balance it for me would be......Bandits get a loot spawn...decrease. Say nvg's .11 to .10, survivor stays the same. A hero gets a increase .12 or so.

But the system has the be more finely tuned...killing a bandit should not lower your humanity.

Only way to balance it for me would be......Bandits get a loot spawn...decrease. Say nvg's .11 to .10, survivor stays the same. A hero gets a increase .12 or so. But the system has the be more finely tuned...killing a bandit should not lower your humanity.

it doesn't as far as I know.

and, nononononononononono!

Only way to balance it for me would be......Bandits get a loot spawn...decrease. Say nvg's .11 to .10, survivor stays the same. A hero gets a increase .12 or so.

But the system has the be more finely tuned...killing a bandit should not lower your humanity.

So the people who can't kill other people nor try to heal them (survivors) get better loot than players who actually know which end of a gun makes the loud noise? Again, don't punish people for beeing good at something.

You do realize that by giving an advantage to one group and not giving an advantage to the second, that is equivalent to giving a disadvantage or penalty to the second group. Which is dumb. The reality is that there is no incentive to be nice to people besides your clanmates,

To be honest, I've never understood the distinction between survivors and bandits, I can only view the term survivor as another name for "newbie".

I agree that there should be some balance. Though the ratio of bandits to friendly's is about 30:1

I am in fact a friendly player. I yell out friendly when I see someone that has NOT already seen me.

If they see me first and hasn't yelled friendly, I'll blow his face off, even if he has NOT shot.

Its hard to be friendly..

Especially when you have trusted players so many times who yell friendly first and you meet up and have a good jolly 2 seconds before they shoot you anyway.

EVEN IF THEY HAVE FULL WEAPONS/GEAR AND ALL... (probably hackers now that i think of it. HACKERS WITH BAD AIM SO THEY LURE YOU IN)

Its utter bullshit and there has to be an easier way to trust people.

It would in fact be nice to meet people in the game who you actually can trust, maybe exchange a blood bag or two then continue your voyage..

rather than shoot everything that moves JUST-BECAUSE-YOU-CAN.

I do enjoy killing bandits and people who have awesome gear.

But would be nice to actually interact with someone humane.

I am in fact a friendly player. I yell out friendly when I see someone that has NOT already seen me.

If they see me first and hasn't yelled friendly, I'll blow his face off, even if he has NOT shot.

And here we see a typical non-smart survivor. If you announce yourself to unknown players, which didn't see you yet, you don't get to complain about getting shot. If you try to shoot people, which have seen you first but did not kill you, you don't get to complain about KOS. Your behaviour encourages non-bandits to shoot you even though they want to spare you and encourages bandits to kill you because you are stupid enough to give away your presence to potentially dangerous players.

With the bandit skins back (assuming they would work properly), I see less reason for any other major incentives for survivor play style. Thus, the suggestion seems unnecessary.

Now that it is theoretically possible to identify at least most of the biggest mass murderers, the survivors should have a possibility to have a little bit of trust on each other again, not full trust, but a bit of it anyway. (And a little bit of deterrant for useless killing - as the survivors probably don't want to start appearing as bandits themselves). There is supposed to be some tension in the random encounters, I'd expect the skins to balance that a bit again.

However, the other issues, mainly hacking, duping and alt+F4 should obviously be addressed. Because they give an unfair advantage to those using them. And a lot of the hackers and dupers are probably playing in bandit style, sniping people from the elektro hills, etc. (Note, there is no point in playing as a survivor who explores and scavenges stuff, if you already have hacked the best gear for yourself - so survivors are probably not really hacking.)

So that hacking and duping and use of alt+F4 all contribute to the bandits being able to more effectively keep killing the survivors. It those were removed, the bandits might actually have to start using the banditry to gain gear after their death, which would tone the killing down a bit and make it all a bit more sensible. Then again... Its damn easy to get decent gear within an hour after spawn, so I doubt the banditry would change much even if duping didn't exist. Maybe we would see a bit less sniper rifles on the hills and a bit more assault rifles, but that's about it.

And here we see a typical non-smart survivor. If you announce yourself to unknown players, which didn't see you yet, you don't get to complain about getting shot. If you try to shoot people, which have seen you first but did not kill you, you don't get to complain about KOS. Your behaviour encourages non-bandits to shoot you even though they want to spare you and encourages bandits to kill you because you are stupid enough to give away your presence to potentially dangerous players.

Well I am new to the game "clearly"

And this happens to be my only means of making contact to players, since they have done the same to me.

My first encounter was from a guy in a ghillie suit who said suki are you friendly while pointing a gun in my face.

I said yeah, since I had no intention of killing him with my hatchet. He asked if i needed blood I said no, Then he shot me.

I don't understand what you are supposed to do exactly?

Run? Log?

Hide, shoot, or be shot.

You might be lucky and find someone who won't shoot you from time to time.

Tis the way the game is at the moment. You simply cannot trust anyone you do not know.

Well I am new to the game "clearly"

And this happens to be my only means of making contact to players, since they have done the same to me.

My first encounter was from a guy in a ghillie suit who said suki are you friendly while pointing a gun in my face.

I said yeah, since I had no intention of killing him with my hatchet. He asked if i needed blood I said no, Then he shot me.

I don't understand what you are supposed to do exactly?

Run? Log?

It's pretty easy. If you don't want to be a bandit, just walk the other way as soon as you see another survivor who is armed. Even the unarmed can be dangerous. If a guy sees you however, yell friendly as fast as you can, while running into cover. Try to avoid anything human as much as possible.

It would be super fun if you could make a group of friends you met in the server to do little scavenge missions, like watch over the town for other players while the rest of the group is in the town.

Its just a shame you cant trust anyone. Just a shame.

Would be nice to see a tooltip of their history such as previous murders or banditry. Like a perm branding on the player.

That would work.

Edit: It would certainly make people think twice about killing someone, if people could see your play history.. Is someone WORTH killing, as to killing just because..

Edited by suKi

It would be super fun if you could make a group of friends you met in the server to do little scavenge missions, like watch over the town for other players while the rest of the group is in the town. Its just a shame you cant trust anyone. Just a shame. Would be nice to see a tooltip of their history such as previous murders or banditry. Like a perm branding on the player.

That would work.

Not with a tooltip it wouldn't.

Bandits have skins, and the heartbeat when you mouse over them (I presume this is still in).

If you want to find people to play with, play with folk you know previously. Or look at the forums up top, or join a clan.

Not to be insulting, but at the moment it is naive to expect to find people who won't kos on a server.

Not with a tooltip it wouldn't.

Bandits have skins, and the heartbeat when you mouse over them (I presume this is still in).

If you want to find people to play with, play with folk you know previously. Or look at the forums up top, or join a clan.

Not to be insulting, but at the moment it is naive to expect to find people who won't kos on a server.

I have actually never SEEN a bandit. they are I assume, in ghillie suits.

What is kos?

Also, I understand that bandits have skins, but since my playing days, I have killed 6 players on one survivor. Though because I play with a friend we are constantly blood bagging each other.

Would I be considered a bandit - without a skin?

WHAT HAVE I BECOME :|

Wouldnt a ghillie suit COVER the bandits skin?