Sign in to follow this  
drawx

Hackers ip ban + perma standalone ban

Plz give the hackers also a perma ban from standalone game when it releases.

Log the ip adresses and auto ban them from standalone also.

Thx

• Like 4

Plz give the hackers also a perma ban from standalone game when it releases.

Log the ip adresses and auto ban them from standalone also.

Thx

You had better learn how the Internet sends stuff down pipes to your location before you talk about ip bans

I agree with what the guy is "trying" to say without knowing how things work. :P

MAC address ban? xD

You can ban by the game id that is assigned with each copy of arma. At best you're forcing hackers to buy a new copy of the game. But it's pretty much impossible to prevent a determined hacker from playing. Anything can be circumvented with a little know-how.

MAC address ban? xD

I think it would be much more effective if every caught hacker just received a personal e-mail from Rocket in the likes of "dear Sir, please don't be a dick".

I have a better idea..

What if the Standalone game also used BattlEye, it would be possible to assign bans from the mod to the standalone game using the GUID if I'm right.

1. Completely wrong.

2. Probably not legal in any country that would actually sell that thing.

Any questions?

Edited by daskleineviech

To be honest the only chance of actually banning someone would be a HWID ban. A quick google search can show you easily how to get a new IP or MAC Address. The downside to a HWID ban is if someone buys that PC down the line they would also be banned along with the fact that plugging in an external HDD can change your HWID sometimes as well.

To be honest the only chance of actually banning someone would be a HWID ban. A quick google search can show you easily how to get a new IP or MAC Address. The downside to a HWID ban is if someone buys that PC down the line they would also be banned along with the fact that plugging in an external HDD can change your HWID sometimes as well.

Illegal too, forget it. Those things are not possible for a very good reason, at least in western Europe. And I guess it may be illegal in the USA too, or the company would just get sewed off their ass over there.

Mobile guillotine. May be a few mistakes if it's hooked up to BE, but oh, well.

Rgds

LoK

I think it would be much more effective if every caught hacker just received a personal e-mail from Rocket in the likes of "dear Sir, please don't be a dick".

1. Completely wrong.

2. Probably not legal in any country that would actually sell that thing.

Any questions?

Hum, I wonder what valve is doing with vac... By your logic, valve would be out of business already.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Globally_unique_identifier

Edit: Oh right... You cant assign GUID bans to certain computers etc, forgot... :)

Edited by manian112

Most IP addresses are assigned dynamically (they aren't fixed) and MAC addresses can be spoofed. Besides this would lead to lost revenue.

Hum, I wonder what valve is doing with vac... By your logic, valve would be out of business already.

You can see your VAC status anytime and you are informed on which games you are banned, so you know what's happening before you buy a new game via Steam. And the GUID is not what you think it is.

Edited by daskleineviech