S3V3N

Afraid to die - are you?

Afraid to die...  

149 members have voted

1. 1. because your dude is great?

• yes
    • no
    • I die every 20 minutes anyway

I have a character that has been alive fairly long, and I find myself in the odd situation of being really attached to it, now. Since I play solo it takes some time to find my current gear, and I am happy to have survived some encounters with other players and didn't get to meet any hackers. Actually that is the most amazing part of it.

So I was very busy last week and didn't play at all, and now I'm actually a bit worried about jumping back in the game. I am out of practice. Hackers probably got worse, my dude might respawn in the debug area, etc.

Have you ever been in a similar situation? I know it's wrong to get attached to stuff, but I don't wanna restart and start another cycle, because this current dude is unique and has been through some stuff. I wish I could put him to rest for a while and chose another character, until I feel fit in the game again.

So, are you? Afraid to die

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 1

Sometimes, but when it happens it happens.

And if you don't want to lose your main, there are private hives ^^

Im not becouse i know if i die my Team will help me anyway they could. We are a Team of 3 Player, get meet each other ingame on the first day of playing. Since the day we are a Team and we always do our best to help one of us when hes dead sharing gear; defend the body etc.

Since i know i got this kind of backup im not afraid of dieing.

Im not becouse i know if i die my Team will help me ...

Since i know i got this kind of backup im not afraid of dieing.

I guess that is the key.It is more fun playing with others sometimes and the game surely isn't made to be played alone. Yet, I often really like the loner feeling and I actually relax playing Dayz, lol. So, I hope in the retail game there will be some ways to get on/off traveler groups without fear of backstabbing and just to travel together for a little while.

What annoys me about playing in groups is the constant chatter on Skype.

Yes, but only when I have really rare gear.

Less so if I've decked out a tent, or I've just spawned.

Yup, with NVG, GPS and AS50, I really don't wanna die, but I'm definitely not gonna be the person that cheeses their way out by alt+f4, if I die, I die, just REALLLY don't wanna!

• Like 1

People always they you're attached to the gear, i would like to call it attached to the time running, scavenging and surviving time. After i got killed two times by hackers in one day, yes, i'm scared !

I believe this is a solo player thing, I have the same problem.

A month old character that I barely play because I know his time must be up soon haha!

Karma is coming to take my guy out, I can feel it.

What annoys me about playing in groups is the constant chatter on Skype.

We use Teamspeak 3 , works very well for us. Its the best to play as a Team i think , so much fun. We are 23, 30 and 15 years ^^ so funny when our Younger one fails sometimes or is beiing retarded xD

I think what made us a team is we all were noobs didnt know how the game is like and didnt had the bad expiriences on KOS and getting shot sniped all the time. So we still were friendly and had the chance to form a Team without the fear of being backstabbed or something.

Edited by Paddy0610

We use Teamspeak 3 , works very well for us. Its the best to play as a Team i think , so much fun. We are 23, 30 and 15 years ^^ so funny when our Younger one fails sometimes or is beiing retarded xD

I think what made us a team is we all were noobs didnt know how the game is like and didnt had the bad expiriences on KOS and getting shot sniped all the time. So we still were friendly and had the chance to form a Team without the fear of being backstabbed or something.

I get that. I played a few days with a group of 12-14 year old, and I'm 35 yo. They helped me in Cherno, and I accepted the Skype invite. Didn't know what I was getting into.

First, I had to listen to a bunch of "best songs ever".Then they were having a yo-momma battle, etc. It just went on and on.

They were just playing like mad and usually didn't even get to the northern parts of the map. When I suggested to go to Beresino and they found a leisure boat on the way they were squaling with joy like a bunch of piglets.

We then had to try out the lame ass boat for 20 minutes, while being in the open and always in range of other players. I had to make the decision of leaving them behind and have never joined another group, since. Also, my guy is still alive from back then.

Edited by S3V3N

Yep im at Day 33 now i think,and solo Survive atm.

All Gear i have is in my Coyote! if i die its gone.

Everytime i log in,its scares the crap out of me :D I look 10 Times in any Direction before i move.

But you know what! I like it.

I know it ....The Grim Reaper is watching me!

• Like 2

Not afraid. Because it's just a game. However, it's not like COD where you respawn with everything, and once the round is over you "die" anyway.

You scavenge, and keep yourself alive. The longer you are alive, the more precious your life becomes. If you hit day 7, packed 100% and have all that nice gear, then you'll think twice before rushing in.

If you die and respawn all is lost. But then at least you'll rush into Elektro to try your kamikaze skills. Because nothing is lost if you die then. You have nothing, you lose nothing.

That's how I see it.

I get that. I played a few days with a group of 12-14 year old, and I'm 35 yo. They helped me in Cherno, and I accepted the Skype invite. Didn't know what I was getting into.

First, I had to listen to a bunch of "best songs ever".Then they were having a yo-momma battle, etc. It just went on and on.

They were just playing like mad and usually didn't even get to the northern parts of the map. When I suggested to go to Beresino and they found a leisure boat on the way they were squaling with joy like a bunch of piglets.

We then had to try out the lame ass boat for 20 minutes, while being in the open and always in range of other players. I had to make the decision of leaving them behind and have never joined another group, since. Also, my guy is still alive from back then.

I know what you mean it a big differenz if we play as the Team of 2 Mature ppl. or walking arround in the Team of 3 with the younger one.

With 2 we are more Tactical more hidden , doing better in coordinating.

Atleast the younger one is my brother so i can get to help out or look at his PC if something is going wrong ^^

I'm afraid to die once i've been playing a few hours, give me two days with full kit and its unbearable.

Ain't that feeling just grand... :D

• Like 2

the first few times i managed to get all kitted and travel around i was afraid of dieing.. but now (i still play solo/cautiously) i dont really fret over it..

finding the gear after spawning is at least as exciting/nervewrecking as keeping a fully kitted player alive..

both scenarios are fun..

least for me..

the only thing i HATE dieing too is bugs/glitchs..

that piss' me off, but any other legitimate death im fine with... esp. one were i know if i do this (whateva risky venture) i will prolly die.. and do it anyways, and sure enuf end up on the beach, ahahah

Edited by Siberian

I've been killed by "the ground"... bleeding, massive damage, fractures & k.o. for no reason reason other than I crawled into a glitch spot trying to stay concealed.

I've also been lamed by hackers that I got the drop on at least 4 times now, but they turned out to be immortals... and once by a guy who turned out to be invisible and prob had radar cos he attacked a group of 5 survivors working as a team and got me first... I was on overwatch, well hidden in a pine tree w/ a ghillie, and a teammate watching me... all I heard was "crunch crunch" of 2-3 footsteps and silenced full auto fire real close by... he missed somehow and I bolted to a different cover spot... he got me less then a minute later. My buddies stalked him for a while and confirmed he was invisible cos he ran right past them fully audible and in the open, and they saw nothing.

anyway, point is, I've had nice kit everytime this crap has happened and I'm still playing. Just make do with what you can find and dont dwell on the loss. :D

I agree with playing private hive to "warm up" with a fresh spawn if your public guy's old and you're rusty

Ah, damn. I actually fired up the PC and felt manly enough to keep surviving. Guess what? It said: you are dead! I went like: no fucking way and connected to annother server. That one placed me in the debug plains without any gear. Since I follow the news on this forum, I knew I just had to reconnect - and bam - now I'm in Cherno. All the stuff is back.

Goddamn, of all the places ^^ This game has a nerve ;)

I ran around for an hour or so, managed to evade some survivors at the apartments and look for stuff myself (my 9mm SD is very helpful here). And now I'm actually a little out of town already and the guy is still alive.

Perhaps my dude will live on in the virutal realm, if I just leave him be :)

It's really stressy now. I don't want to keep pushing on to Elektro. This is exactly the worst case scenario I had in mind.Thank you ,Dayz, for being like that :)

Edited by S3V3N

Eh if I die and lose it all I'd be upset but I'm not scared of it. I tend to favor 10-20 player servers (smaller target for hackers) and haven't run into another player in a few days now other than a RL friend I met up with today. I just found a jeep so at least now I can travel a bit quicker but I'm just not sure what to do next. I found a crash site, I got good gear, I found a ghillie suit, all that's left is to go back to Cherno or Elektro and own other players but I want to increase my karma not decrease it. Death seems like it might be the best thing for me so I won't mind risking my neck to help others.

I feel the same way! Its usually after I survive a day or two and get some good gear and enough food and drink to last me a long time. I get real nervous just hunting for better weapons because it means I have to go into dangerous places that are more likely to have well equiped survivors there for the same reason I am. I dont fear small farms or towns as I haven't ran into anyone in them yet. I play on low population servers though (5-10 people) to avoid hackers so I'm sure on a 50 person server I would fear all towns.

my char is 2 months old. however only at 700 z kills

sitting in bushes for the win

Lol, okay. So the two options for solo players are to sit in bushes and play on low frequency servers. I started doing that now too, since I got teleported to Cherno after the debug plains glitch.

I think it would only be fair, if there was a radio you could find to talk to other survivors and if the radio would reflect on the time you have been alive. So someone who's been alive for 7 weeks would find a radio with the channel set to other players who survived 1 week or more. The other channels would be scrambled and you'd have to group with a lower "age" character to use more than one channel. Bandits should have their own channel on a radio, rest is scrambled to them.

It would be a nice little way to find other people, who have too much to lose to attack you and who just wanna meet up and pass through some difficult spot/raid a town together.

• Like 2

Yes i hope Rocket will bring on some kind of Radio!

I really like That Idea S3V3N.

Its not really that i wanne meet up with ppl,but if thers a way to talk to others over Ingame Mic over a Radio,that would be awesome.

Like:

"Hey anyone out ther?"

"Yes i can hear you"

"Can somebody help me out with some Antibiotics?"

Or

"Dont go to Close Berezino..5min.ago ther was a Huge Firefight going on...Be Carefull there"