wtfosaurus

Chernarus Plus

Rocket has mentioned in his AMA today that he is working on a Chernarus Plus. I know that he want to make almost all buildings enter-able (while some may be clearly boarded off). I know I for one would like to see it maybe become its own continent/island so there is no way of going 'off the map'. I would also like to see some more islands and inbound rivers(give boats an actual use.)

What else would you like to see in this Chernarus Plus map?

• Like 2

I Would really like to see Some smaller Isles around chernarus so you can Build a sort of fortress there :D

But there could also be a swamp area like in pripyat in the North of the airfield.

I Would really like to see Some smaller Isles around chernarus so you can Build a sort of fortress there :D

Only if I can reliably stop dropping things when I'm swimming. ;)

Rocket has mentioned in his AMA today that he is working on a Chernarus Plus. I know that he want to make almost all buildings enter-able (while some may be clearly boarded off). I know I for one would like to see it maybe become its own continent/island so there is no way of going 'off the map'. I would also like to see some more islands and inbound rivers(give boats an actual use.)

What else would you like to see in this Chernarus Plus map?

That.... a thousand times. I'd love to see a river system running through Chernarus. Would add a lot to the PvP side, provide more purpose to towns being on the riverside (and maybe more towns). Boats could travel up here to decrease the amount of time it takes for a person to travel inland. Right now boats are used for SE island, and to let everyone know where you are along the coast. (Only the speedboat is worth using compared to running)

• Like 2

I'd defenently like to see a few more isloated islands far off the coast.

I'd also love to see Guba bay stretch itself further into the land or a few river cutting across the mainland.

Maybe a few of the big cities having a ferry departure structure of some sort.

I also really miss the tall bridges from Armed Assault's Sahrani island.

Edited by Dallas
  • Like 1

Having found the PBX time and time again, AFTER the chopper is already gone, I can't stress how awesome it would be to have rivers throughout Chenarus to drive around in. There could be so much more for the boats to do with island, inland rivers, or even turning Chenarus into a continent/island of its own.

Isn't Chernarus + just Chernarus with all the bits DRH removed to create The Wilderness put back in ? They are still part of the map in Arma 2, he just removed all the trees and objects for Dayz.

Is it the same Chernarus Plus that is being used in Arma 2: ACR?

Edited by *Regulator* Fosty99
  • Like 1

That's a beautiful screenie ! Everytime some ignoramus knocks the Arma 2 engine they need to be reminded how fantastic it is with screenshots like that.

Cry Engine 3 can go and drink it's own salty tears. There's no engine that can render a world so massive, so beautifully as Arma 2 (and Arma 3 of course).

The ACR website says....

"Explore the two new summer-season terrains: Bystrica and Bukovina"

http://www.arma2.com/acr

I would just like to see some screenshots it would be nice if Rocket upload some on the forum ^^

I would just like to see some screenshots it would be nice if Rocket upload some on the forum ^^

How many minutes of DRH's precious time would it take to upload a JPEG ? He could even get any one of his lackeys to do it for him.

Yeah I was thinking that too, It would be reallly nice to see some screens of the new map. :)

Isn't Chernarus + just Chernarus with all the bits DRH removed to create The Wilderness put back in ? They are still part of the map in Arma 2, he just removed all the trees and objects for Dayz.

I think it was mentioned that there will be more towns added to the north and more buildings will be enterable. I think I saw an interview with Rocket somewhere where he said they wish to make the hospital more enterable for example.

Don´t you think Rocket has he´s own reasons to do it like he´s doing it now?