jem73

Weapons that you wish were in the game

IMO the game need more low-tier weapons, specifically low dmg melee weapons. Thees should be practicably everywhere and be common items suck as broken bottles and sticks.

Low tier handguns, hunting rifles, compound hunting bows and shotguns should also have some more diversity. Specifically in "hunters area's" the hunting weapons would be cool. ( the obvious place could be deer stands :P )

Its also ridiculous that if you have no weapon, you can do jack shit. Therefor fists should be implemented in the game. I'am not saying that it should be easy to kill the walkers with you fists, just that at least you had the option to hit it for a little dmg, perhaps even a possibility to stun them with a facepunch thereby giving you a little time to escape single walkers.

My personal wish would be SPR.Mk12 Mod0, this is my absolute favorite weapon and would be an awsome spotter rifle :)

EDIT: and the molotov seems obviously lacking from this game :P

Edited by Deschain

I would like to see dual pistols in the game. I like the skin idea, i dont care if accuracy is reduced. I would also like to see flare guns implemented instead of just road flares. If we can stop drop and roll in dayz we should be able to light zeds and players on fire. O and also, a BB Gun, just to shoot people in the rear and mess with them a little....

O wait...a machete for hacking players and zeds instead of crow bars and axes? And why cant I Rambo fools with a hunting knife?

Ah yes the good old what gun would you like to see in the game...

I think the weapons we have right now are not that bad some choices don't make much sense imo.

Spoiler: This is not a baaaaw post!

First of all, think about what kind of weapons would you find in Chernarus!

Like why do we need two .50 rifles? I mean they're great but really?

Leave the M82 (M107) in game. You could add a KSVK or a OSV-96 but those aren't really accurate...

I personally think one anti-materiel rifle is enough and the M107 is a good choice.

Add a .338 Lapua and/or a .300WM rifle like the AWM or a Sako rifle for example.

M24 and DMR are fine. SVD is fine. CZ550 is fine. Maybe switch the DMR with a Galil Sniper or something. Too many US Snipers in the game. A SV-98 would be nice too.

Anyway, that's my view on the sniper rifles in game. A mix of US and USSR or Russian sniper rifles would be nice imo. One anti-materiel is enough.

Pistols: All of them are good. Maybe add the Tokarew TT-33. Can't really complain about pistols.

Crossbow: meh

Shotguns: Yeah... don't know what to say about them... don't really care.

SMGs: That's where we could get HUGE improvements! I mean most people won't use them but anyway. UMP, Uzi, PPSh-41, Scorpion vz.61 (more like sidearm)...

Assault rifles: Most of them are ok... But the L85A2 AWS... really? Don't want to bitch about that gun but it just kinda feels out of place. A SUSAT scope would be better.

Actually it would be nice to have like 4 Assault rifles with scopes like SUSAT or ACOG to have a nice transition from normal assault to scoped to sniper.

LMGs: Everything seems fine with them.

That's just what i think. i actually would prefer more WW2 weapons especially German ones like the MP40, FG42, k98 and MG42 but that's just me being a fanboy.

In the end i simply think one anti-materiel rifle is enough. The L85A2 AWS seems out of place (Give me a NTW-20, Lathi L-39, XM109 or a VSSK Vychlop if you put in a gun like that!!!) and there's a serious lack of SMGs even tho most people wouldn't use them anyway.

I will fucking rage if rocket listens to any of you and gets rid of the DMR(M14 EBR) or the M14 Aim for that matter long live the bone breakers. If any snipers need to go its the m107 and AS50 imho.

• Like 1

i want to see some police style weapons, i mean they will be all over the place surely.

Russian police weapons, I don't know what they use but Pistol, SMG, Sniper and an AR from that range would be cool.

More Russian military weapons.

mosin-nagant

I imagine this would be a reskin of the lee enfield.

mossberg 500

Whats wrong with the 870? Its the same thing.

Self-defense guns: compact pistols

So, the G17 but with less ammo?

On a serious tip, when I was in the US last I saw they have carbines/rifles chambered for both 9mm and .45 pistol ammo. Those would be great low tier civvies weapons.

I don't know what purposes these things serve other than having a lower energy round for use at indoor pistol ranges. The range I usually go to does not allow any rifles in .223 and up because it will penetrate their backstop. The 'rifles' they use on the range are chambered in 9mm for lower energy, so they don't penetrate.

I have never seen this outside of that scenario, so, I can't say they'd be a common find in an apocalypse. Most people that keep guns at home have the normal stuff - ARs in 223/556, AKs in 7.62, bolt actions in 30-06 or .308. Normal stuff.

Ah yes the good old what gun would you like to see in the game...

I think the weapons we have right now are not that bad some choices don't make much sense imo.

Spoiler: This is not a baaaaw post!

First of all, think about what kind of weapons would you find in Chernarus!

Like why do we need two .50 rifles? I mean they're great but really?

Leave the M82 (M107) in game. You could add a KSVK or a OSV-96 but those aren't really accurate...

I personally think one anti-materiel rifle is enough and the M107 is a good choice.

Add a .338 Lapua and/or a .300WM rifle like the AWM or a Sako rifle for example.

M24 and DMR are fine. SVD is fine. CZ550 is fine. Maybe switch the DMR with a Galil Sniper or something. Too many US Snipers in the game. A SV-98 would be nice too.

Anyway, that's my view on the sniper rifles in game. A mix of US and USSR or Russian sniper rifles would be nice imo. One anti-materiel is enough.

Pistols: All of them are good. Maybe add the Tokarew TT-33. Can't really complain about pistols.

Crossbow: meh

Shotguns: Yeah... don't know what to say about them... don't really care.

SMGs: That's where we could get HUGE improvements! I mean most people won't use them but anyway. UMP, Uzi, PPSh-41, Scorpion vz.61 (more like sidearm)...

Assault rifles: Most of them are ok... But the L85A2 AWS... really? Don't want to bitch about that gun but it just kinda feels out of place. A SUSAT scope would be better.

Actually it would be nice to have like 4 Assault rifles with scopes like SUSAT or ACOG to have a nice transition from normal assault to scoped to sniper.

LMGs: Everything seems fine with them.

That's just what i think. i actually would prefer more WW2 weapons especially German ones like the MP40, FG42, k98 and MG42 but that's just me being a fanboy.

In the end i simply think one anti-materiel rifle is enough. The L85A2 AWS seems out of place (Give me a NTW-20, Lathi L-39, XM109 or a VSSK Vychlop if you put in a gun like that!!!) and there's a serious lack of SMGs even tho most people wouldn't use them anyway.

Someone hates Britain !! Haha

My opinion, keep all the weapons at the moment we've grown to love them. Thermal sights could work if they are truly rare and duping / hax r stopped.

I'd be excited about a Shaun of the dead style cricket bat.....

A silenced sniper rifle!

More hunting rifles that will be common on farm-based buildings and residental buildings.

Adding the SIlenced Makarov to DayZ from ArmA 2.

just a thought that blackpowder can be made without modern society. just as lead can be cast (if you can scavenge lead). its a really big idea to incorporate but to have a blackpowder revolver, shotgun and rifle would be cool. you would need to collect bags of BP (or have even more complexity for making it), lead balls, caps. accuracy would not be bad and there would be heaps of smoke, which would kick ass frankly

I have no idea why MP5 (oh that's right -- UMP45) makes you rage but youre silly liitle girl if you think I give f**k what pisses you off :)

You're bad and you should feel bad!

Someone hates Britain !! Haha

lol no

I think the AWM is one of the sexiest rifles ever!

But i feel like the L85A2 AWS is kinda Sci-Fi for a place like Chernarus. Don't know why, just feels that way. Kinda ruins the hide and seek element of the game...

I will fucking rage if rocket listens to any of you and gets rid of the DMR(M14 EBR) or the M14 Aim for that matter long live the bone breakers. If any snipers need to go its the m107 and AS50 imho.

Other weapons can break bones too... and the FAL is sexier than the M14 so give me a FAL with scope instead of DMR. Or give me both. And make them share ammo i mean really...

• Like 1

Yes they can however its what my survivor crew calls our m14 aims usually. Don't get me wrong the FAL is nice but it is not comparable to the M-14(mk 14 ebr) or the USMC Designated Marksman Rifle(M21s etc) there is a reason it has remained in active service longer than any infantry rifle in United States Military history besides the 1903 Springfield. Just think about this since 2010 the US Army has made available 2 of these rifles per infantry unit in Afghanistan the MK 14 EBR. This is not also counting the M39 EBR that the USMC has adopted the versatility of this weapon is almost unmatched which is why the platform is making such an extreme comeback in real world applications.

Edited by Raven-Actual