Sign in to follow this  
Dodgeit

Zombie Agro

Its probably been posted before, and i will get shouted at etc... but oh well...

Is there a way to ditch zombies once they have started running after you?

I ran out of ammo after a guy i teamed up with drew a few zombies to us. Killed all bar one of them... We split up and the zombie chased me.... The entire length of the coast before i died of exhaustion.

I tried smoke, flares, chemlights, but no luck.

I tested again later and managed to get a 50+ zombie train going behind me.

If there isn't, then fair enough. I guess i'd just have to risk doing a smash and grab at a barn and getting more on my back, or run at another player and hope he helps....

It's not a game breaker by any shot of the imagination, my fault for not being more careful i guess!

Loving the mod so far and really looking forward to how it develops.

I have found that smoke sometimes gets them off you. Maybe the zombies didn't see the grenade because you threw it pass them.

I have found that smoke sometimes gets them off you. Maybe the zombies didn't see the grenade because you threw it pass them.

Maybe' date=' its not worked for me. Yet anyway.

Going into buildings with two exits and run out the other exit?

Tried that. They just went slower until they came out the other side.

Tried that. They just went slower until they came out the other side.

Have them be distracted in a very large building with a smoke grenade and run out the exit? (Church, those REALLY long barn/chapel looking areas.)

Have them be distracted in a very large building with a smoke grenade and run out the exit? (Church' date=' those REALLY long barn/chapel looking areas.)

[/quote']

I'll give that ago next time, cheers.

Try the sea or a large lake/pond? They will follow you and you will lose gear but they will move so slow in the water you can normally swim and circle back round to the beach or the other side and leave them stranded or at the very least really far behind you.

Try the sea or a large lake/pond? They will follow you and you will lose gear but they will move so slow in the water you can normally swim and circle back round to the beach or the other side and leave them stranded or at the very least really far behind you.

Will they then lose interest? Or will it just buy me a bit of time and distance?

Will they then lose interest? Or will it just buy me a bit of time and distance?

Zombies lose interest when you are 300 meters away from them. In other words, its nearly impossible to run away from them without vehicle.

That's not true unless it's in the update, I recently got killed from a crawler after about 20 mins of leaving him behind, started proning in a area and he eventually caught me and killed me, what have been 5km Infront for a while

Twice I've been able to go down steep hills and the Zed's fell to their death. On a side note I was out of Mak ammo once and I looted some from the Zed's body. Dumb luck

My character at the moment is ill, very very ill.

I was attacked at Komorova but managed to run away after patching myself up using all of my medicine and bandages. Health is a little less than 4000. I decided to go to the Hospital.

I ran through Balota in between the rail tracks and the military camp, I had about "a lot" of Z's on my tail, out of the question to "stand and fight".

I ran to Chernagorsk picking up many more fans along the way.

I made it to the ladder leading straight up to the roof at the hospital and collected some much needed blood bags, pain killers.

The Zombies are of coarse screaming and hurling at the bottom of the ladder.

Being a clever little survivor I had 3 magazines for my little pistolof in my Alice.

I climbed down on to the lower roof, with terrible shakes and lose of vision, I managed to kill the infected hoard by running along the roof to and fro, each time giving myself time to aim.

I killed em all.

I climbed down to the ground and lo and behold there was a dead survivor near to the wall of the appartment block just North of the hospital.

In his kit he had BeanZ & Pasta, I ate.

My health is now at about 3400, I am cold, shaking and seeing in greyscale but I have blood bags in my backpack and a AK47(?) Kobra with 2 chargers...ôô...,that the unfortunate survivor has kindly left me.

Problem is, who do I trust to come and administer the blood that I have in my kit.

That is the only way I know to escape the rabid hoards...Not recommended.

Twice I've been able to go down steep hills and the Zed's fell to their death. On a side note I was out of Mak ammo once and I looted some from the Zed's body. Dumb luck

Ah thats a good one' date=' i'll try that

***something long and epic***

I doubt i'll get that lucky! So they can't cimb ladders?

Get to a dock, they don't go on them. After a bit they go under the dock and can't see you, lay down after about 5 minutes they wander off and forget about you, just be very careful leaving the docks

the zombies chasing you forever isn't the issue, its the fact that the zombies are much faster than you but then stop to attack and so their attack misses and then you get away from them again. Really if a fast zombie starts chasing once it reaches you in reality you would be fucked. Try running when a zombie has pounced on you and is gnawing at your skull. Zombies need a pounce/leap animation and if they connect the player needs to be slowed or even immobilised.

Get to a dock' date=' they don't go on them. After a bit they go under the dock and can't see you, lay down after about 5 minutes they wander off and forget about you, just be very careful leaving the docks

[/quote']

Can they loose interest if you are on a roof?

Last night (I'm not sure if this was a glitch or by design), I was able to evade zombie agro during a heavy rainstorm at night. Otherwise, I heard that running out onto a dock or container pier along the coast (counts to them as water?) will stop them dead in their tracks. (pun intended). Otherwise.. I hope you have a lot of ammo, run into a building (barn etc) and cap 'em as they slow to a walk trying to get in. Good luck.

Get to a dock' date=' they don't go on them. After a bit they go under the dock and can't see you, lay down after about 5 minutes they wander off and forget about you, just be very careful leaving the docks

[/quote']

Can they loose interest if you are on a roof?

No, I'm not even sure if they have a "vertical" sense, in that if you are way up above them and making noise, they can hear you as if you were at ground level. I can't 100% confirm that, however.

I noticed today that while smoke grenades distract zombies, it only works for a little while.

I aggro'd a horde while looting, they were right on me and I wasn't near a building so I ran to get out of town (alerting more ofc), once out of town I tossed a smoke right in front of me and ran over it. All the zombies stopped and circled it while I ran off to bandage. I didn't trust it so I rested about 100m from the pack, watching. Sure enough, when the smoke stopped they started at me again.

Luckily with 100m separation and my M16 they weren't a problem, but it's worth noting that the Z's will default to thier previous aggro after the smoke wears off.

Get to a body of water and swim from one side to the other. For some reason they get confused when knee deep in water and just forget about you. Otherwise, they will run, jump, climb, crawl, walk thru walls forever until they finally catch up with you no matter how far you are. It doesn't matter how many obstacles blocking the view are between you and them. It's just not written into their AI the conditions to "lose interest" in you.

I don't know if this is considered server hopping, but if you have enough distance between you and them to be considered an escape, there's nothing in the books against logging out and back into the same server. That's a viable solution when you're inland until some decent AI is programmed into their rotten skulls.

In the end... who wants to be killed by a crawler you passed by an hour ago?!?!

Edit: If you have bandit tendencies, you can always run by other players to "shake" off a few Z's! loool