bellum

Why are server admins allowed to cheat/hack?

On more than one occasion I've seen server admins cheat and hack to their own benefit but ban other hackers that come on their server and do the same thing. Does this seem fair? One could argue that they are providing a service to the players by paying for the server and they are entitled. On the other hand cheating and hacking is absolutely wrong no matter who is doing it, and the server admins should be setting an example for other players.

For instance once a hacker teleported everyone to the airfield, and the server admin identified himself and told the hacker that he was going to ban him. Then the admin teleported everyone to the coast, and banned the hacker. Afterwards the admin explained to everyone on the server that he used a hack to fix what the hacker broke. But if the admin has these abilities he can also have an advantage over all the other players.

Edited by Qlimax

Admins don't have those abilities, they are not allowed to cheat, if battleye catches them they will be globally banned just like any other cheater.

Edited by smasht_AU

Anyone can give in to hacking or scripting.

Just like anyone can palm money from the bank in monopoly.

The thing is, that the server admins pay for the servers month to month. So, mixing conjecture ei metaphor, they feel like it's ok to steal $500 from the bank in Monopoly because they paid for the game in the first place.

Scripting and hacking is not something that can inherently be done with the toolset afforded to server admins.

They are just susceptible to it like other people, with one exception. Don't expect them to "catch" themselves.

If they decide to go over to the dark side, the only chance to catch them is battleye. Otherwise, they can clean up the evidence on their server and no one knows the difference.

• Like 2

On more than one occasion I've seen Qlimax cheat and hack to his own benefit but mock other hackers that come on their server and do the same thing. Does this seem fair? One could argue that he is providing a service to the players by testing the server and he is entitled. On the other hand cheating and hacking is absolutely wrong no matter who is doing it, and Qlimax should be setting an example for other players.

For instance once a hacker teleported everyone to the airfield, and Qlimax identified himself and told the hacker that he was going to ban him. Then Qlimax teleported everyone to the coast, and banned the hacker. Afterwards he explained to everyone on the server that he used a hack to fix what the hacker broke. But if Qlimax has these abilities he can also have an advantage over all the other players.

• Like 1

Moral of the story. Write down their server name and don't join it again.

• Like 1

Moral of the story. Write down their server name and don't join it again.

Moral of the story: the mod is broken indirectly because of the engine chosen.

Endure, enjoy, or leave.

Those are our choices.

dayz needs offical servers, administrated by professional employees, I would pay for that, I would also pay to have this a standalone, and actually become more than a mod, they need to really speed up on whatever is taking so long, or someone else will simply beat them to it, or we will just lose interest..

Someone did try to beat them to it. It didn't work out too well for them.

Patience, padawan.

dayz needs offical servers, administrated by professional employees, I would pay for that, I would also pay to have this a standalone, and actually become more than a mod, they need to really speed up on whatever is taking so long, or someone else will simply beat them to it, or we will just lose interest..

You just resurrected a post made in August, 2012. Please do not do it again.