Sign in to follow this  
Brudagon (DayZ)

Website has been slow for the last couple dayz

It's getting a bit ridiculous, my friends have noticed it as well. I love hearing about this game, but not when I have to wait 20 seconds to get to the general discussion area.

• Like 1

Same issue. Seems to be worse during the day vs evening/night. I can only assume its because there are a lot of people like me passing time at work hahaha.

Chalk it up to the popularity of the mod? People want information, and there are a lot of them.

• Like 1

It's because the site uses Cloudflare. Almost every site on the internet runs and loads fast. The few consistent exceptions I've seen were using Cloudflare.

Cloudflare is a service that's supposed to cache your pages in case your website goes down. If your site goes down, Cloudflare is supposed to serve the cached pages so people can still browse your site when your site is down.

But that's what it's SUPPOSED to do. In reality, dynamic sites like this forum don't get cached, and sites running Cloudflare always seem to load very slowly and have periods of time where the site is offline and the Cloudflare splash screen shows up to tell you that the site is offline, but luckily Cloudflare is there to serve you a cached page! Except there is no cached page!

So seriously guys. Don't use Cloudflare ever.

It was fine a week ago, then it went to shit.

It's because the site uses Cloudflare. Almost every site on the internet runs and loads fast. The few consistent exceptions I've seen were using Cloudflare.

Cloudflare is a service that's supposed to cache your pages in case your website goes down. If your site goes down, Cloudflare is supposed to serve the cached pages so people can still browse your site when your site is down.

But that's what it's SUPPOSED to do. In reality, dynamic sites like this forum don't get cached, and sites running Cloudflare always seem to load very slowly and have periods of time where the site is offline and the Cloudflare splash screen shows up to tell you that the site is offline, but luckily Cloudflare is there to serve you a cached page! Except there is no cached page!

So seriously guys. Don't use Cloudflare ever.

I actually am experiencing this on pretty much daily basis

Chalk it up to the popularity of the mod? People want information, and there are a lot of them.

How about upgrading your server?

Or just move to the BI servers?

Sometimes it's lightening fast, sometimes it's dial-up slow. Oh, that series of tubes and its infinite mysteries. ^_^

Another semi-popular-ish website I used to go to used Cloudflare too and experienced the same problems. Sometimes it would be lightning fast, sometimes it would be really slow, sometimes the site would be down with cloudflare splash screens. The admin of the site figured out that Cloudflare was causing the problems, got rid of it, and the site was consistently fast again ever since.

The downtimes on the other site were because cloudflare was backing up the database or something like that, and that interfered with the forum somehow. I just know ever since the guy got rid of Cloudflare, that site has worked perfectly ever since.

Yea being a bit slow in peak times. Remember peak times vary on country.

Not fussed, just patience required. Kinda reminds me of 56k times.

Yea being a bit slow in peak times. Remember peak times vary on country.

Not fussed, just patience required. Kinda reminds me of 56k times.

reminds me of the 14k times