zecele

Should 1 Hit Kill Sniper rifles be removed from DayZ.

639 members have voted

1. 1. Should One hit Kill snipers be removed from DayZ

• Yes
    • No
    • Other

4298-your-tears-are-delicious.jpg

The people that want the one shot weapons removed are the retards that run around in open fields and ask if any one in cherno is friendly.... which is like 90% of the player base because of casuals.

Also the game was alot better pre bandit skin removal. People used to work together if a survivor saw another survivor they would by default not shoot. But if they saw a bandit they would do everything they could to kill him. With the removal of the bandit skin people just started killing each other for no reason, I think that too many new kids have joined since that time and they are used to KOS play. So even adding the bandit back in will do nothing. Removing bandit was a huge mistake.

• Like 3

This thread isn't going to work. Yes, the removal of one-shot sniper rifles would be better for the advancement of DayZ, but EVERYONE uses them, so everyone's going to vote no. I think they should be removed. Too many people dupe them, so everyone has one, and it's like a sniper on easy mode. You don't have to aim that much, you just have to hit them. No headshots necessary.

• Like 2

Why don't we make all sniper rifles like the M107 have damage that won't kill a player in one shot, allowing teh player to stand still for a few seconds and regenerate lost health? It's the logical next step to making this game far more realistic.

Ive posted my opinion on this a few times.

I use the AS50 and I love it, but I love it because

a: it prevents alt f4.

b: its easy.

I think all the high end military loot should be rare as rocking horse shit , and the 1 shot kill to the center mass weapons should go, just to create a better dynamic in the game.

But this might as well wait till the standlaone because hacking and duping create a false impression of the game right now.

i totally agree with this...

the as50 is rediculously overpowering due to it's high distribution.

vehicles are cool right? no they're not - because you can't drive 1 km without alerting a nearby as50 derper and get instantly killed... or stuck in no-mans-land with a lot of accumulated gear in the wrecked vehicle.

it should be insanely rare, to the point where you SAVE your as50 to kill >1km targets or vehicles... not the easy, spammable, noob-friendly, instagib railgun with so much ammo that you're basically swimming in the stuff like scrooge mcduck.

• Like 2

AS50 and M107 have a lot of downsides

1. they r the ultimate aggro tool

2. they r huge and easy to spot

3. ammo is scarce

4. they r damn rare

hackers and dupers make them more common, but the guns r not to blame

Snipers should stay they same because essentially they are the "one hit kill" weapon. I do however believe there should be variable with the sniper. Wind, movement delay, more time to line up the shot etc.

I mainly mean the AS50 and M107. Why?

Well because currently they are more common than a friggin Winchester. Also on just about every server there are people sitting on sniper hills sniping new spawns.

This isnt a complaint thread just want other peeps opinions.

More common than a Winchester you say? I've found dozens of Winchesters, never an as50 or a m107 the only actual sniper I've ever found was the CZ550 which we all know sucks Donkey dick compared to the other sniper rifles. Also isn't the catch of this game that it's supposed to be somewhat realistic? We should be glad there are no arteries and organs in this game as then almost everyshot would be a 1 shot kill.

Why make this game into a kindergarten? The impact and damage these snipers do irl would kill instantly so if we wan't to keep realism in this game I say a big NO! I have been hit by snipers and I never sit down and snipe survivors but I still want the realism.

Yeah fucking remove it. Sad cunts that lone on the Elektro hills.

Right now, damage tables for the .50 calibers are totally ass and Arma II is doing its best to nerf anything that's not a long-range killer. I'm not saying they need to be taken out, I'm just saying that the damage tables need to be separated from Arma II at some point and the damage needs to be flattened so that the game becomes interesting again instead of a slippery game of king of the hill where the people on the top never even risk getting pushed.

Well hey if we want realism then they should make the DMR, M24 one hit kill cause in real life it would kill you in one hit.

No, keep them in the game. Make everything more lethal. It shouldn't take two full chambers of revolver ammo to kill someone like it does now.

Yes but its suppose to be a Zombie Survival Mod. You are not going to be killing zombies with a 50 Cal sniper. The M24 and DMR atleast require a bit of skill to get the headshot.

If thats all i had, its what i would use...

"No, keep them in the game. Make everything more lethal. It shouldn't take two full chambers of revolver ammo to kill someone like it does now. "

Brilliant argue for sniper rifles citing recent hand gun nerf as evidence.

They should not be removed.

However, they should be EXTREMELY rare, and the ammo should be VERY hard to come by and ONLY spawn in the north side of the map (Berezino, NW/NE airfields, Stary, etc.).

Maybe 1 in 200 people (or less) should have one of those guns. It should be a big deal to have one, and you should want to use it sparingly vs players for fear of it being taken or running out of ammo. It should be a huge asset to a squad, not a near requirement. When you encounter a squad that has an AS50 or M107 you should be thinking "wow these guys are really good/serious/lucky", it shouldn't be an ordinary occurance.

I respect every single sniper that's using a non-instant kill sniper and actually aiming for headshots, simply because getting shot to the toe and resulting with -17K blood isn't exactly that impressive to me (unless of course the sniper had the intention to sniper the toe and not simply miss the rest of the body).

On the topic of should they be removed? Nah, but they seriously need to get a LOT more rare. I'm tired of having 2 snipers with Ghilli + M107/AS50 on Elektro hill at all times. Even if most of them are so bad they didn't even score a kill and count as murders and not bandit kills.

um some people love to snipe.... just think of it this way... u go to afganistan and ur in the military,, u see someone runnin across the way would u rather have some shitty sniper that doesnt do anything or a 50 cal that takes them out.. and if no 1 shot sniper then how u gonna take out the heli? 50 cal sniper is a heli downer stop qq more pew pew.. if u hate being sniped go get a sniper. period

Soldiers in Afghanistan didn't have sniper rifles to begin with. They are very rare for that deployment. I watched many video of guys on long range patrols with not one sniper rifle..... Thats in lands bigger than Chernerous.

Snipers should go. As it is people can't explore one of the coolest parts of the entire map because of snipers, which is the Cherno industrial area. Can't climb buildings, can't look out from on top of them, which would be cool. They can't hide from snipers in the grass due to render limitations and can't even be sure the tree their hiding behind is safe due to rendering smaller versions of the tree at long distances. Like in Battlefield 3, people don't know what their missing by having laser sticks in it. People could take up positions on high buildings {which would be stupid now} , which would be cool, but you can't.

Sniping is a selfish act btw, I saw a sniper up above Electro two days ago in guillie suit snipe over 12 people in the span of less than a half hour while i made my way over to him with my AKM. 12 kills? Do they get much satisfaction from each one? vs. the annoyance of ALL those people having to start over. Don't think for a second people should be expected to sit there and wait for a pixel to move to try and spot snipers, ........who wouldn't be there in the first place. Immersion and believability? MY ASS...............

Theres a fucking reason no one has a made a game where the object is to dodge sniper rounds. It aint fun. In the best games we like, everything or almost everything you do is fun or interesting.

Edited by Thane
  • Like 2

Other: "It wouldn't make a difference since getting sniped by a unknown or even detected assailant is pretty much gg anyways."

Be realistic, with all the hacking and duping we should remove these 'ultimate weapons' for now, until standalone.

Take some of the power from the hackers (who like to use 'legit' looking loadouts so it isnt totally obvious they're hacking).

Do I hate, hate, hate getting oneshotted? Yes.

Do I hate, hate, hate seeing people alt+F4 after my M14 round rips through their torso? Even more. Take out oneshot rifles after you put a 30 second timer on disconnects. Until then, they're the only way to snipe reliably.

snipers should be 1 hit kill, thats kinda what a sniper is, i could be...

1 hit to the head = instant kill

1 hit to the body and you bleed out in a few sec, means you have a tiny chance to hit cover and bandage but probly will pass out and die

the weapons aint the problem, it is the duping/hacking/abusing of altF4 that is the real problem