Sign in to follow this  
FreezyTouch

FN P90 added to the game

more ragtag weapons.. not these machineguns

I obviously didnt skip over it as you could clearly see in the post i quoted it in.

And i can only repeat myself:

A personal defense weapon to be used for personal defense seem pretty much the only buisness those weapons have at all. And i think killing infected beings as well as other players in order to stop/prevent them from killing you is somewhat called defense.

What i want to say with this, and i hope YOU dont skip over this again, is that this weapon DOES have a freaking lot of buisness in this game world.

Also i think you are right when you're saying that this game should not move to being a pvp only game. But you gotta be realistic here...

All you can achieve in this game is lasting very long. But who would have fun in lasting long, when all they have to and can do is run from the infected, picking up stuff to cover their basic needs and waiting.

The PVP element of this game is very crucial. You need to have a goal in this game other than surviving cause that would just be too easy.

I played a lot the last week and i experienced following:

It got kinda boring just to roam around the map avoiding infected and getting just what you need to stay alife (i.e. food and water).

Then there were two things that got my heart beating faster and my excitement rising:

1. I found a heli crash site and got two nice weapons with some rare ammo. I wanted to keep them both in my backpack for my friends and therefor couldnt log out because weapons get lost when you log out too shortly after obtaining them (when you stash them in your backpack). So i was even more motivated to stay alife and had to be insanely careful...

2. I raided the NW airfield with three of my friend while we had some pretty nice gear. It was very exciting cause it takes quite some time to get your whole team geared up a little and get up to the airfield and you didnt want to lose that.

So what made this game really breathtaking was not the surviving itself.....its useless if you got nothing to lose. It was the fact that i got stuff with me, that i liked and didnt want to lose.

And the things you appreciate having are almost allways the things that are very uncommonly found.

Which brings us back to the weapons. I loved my M107 and was soo lucky to have three mags with it at the crashsite. If i didnt have it, what would change if i died and started over? You get what i want to say?

There are other things that bare worth in this game and that you dont want to lose for example a ghillie suit...

But as long as you can use weapons in this game, they will be one of the things you will want to have. And they will be one reason for you not wanting to die.

You edited your post to address mine after the fact LOL.

I agree with what you say in that right now there is not much else to do but go player killing as surviving in the world is quite easy. That is not to say I think it should stay that way it is simply an acknowledgement of the current state of the game. Now it sounds like you want to add this weapon because it suits the way the game currently plays and I am saying that it is not necessary because the way the game plays needs to move in a different direction. We don't need to add more high end military weapons that have no precedent in the game world for sake of giving the COD kiddies more variety. We need to help the devs craft a game world that is consistent with itself and with the soul of the concept, that is, surviving in a zombie infested wasteland.

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying we need to discourage PvP; I am saying we need to encourage PvP that has purpose. Banditry is a valid strategy for survival but killing other players simply because you are bored is something quite different. We need to discourage that.

Now, regarding the P90, it has no place in the game world because it doesn't fit in the setting of the game like many of the other weapons we already have (*cough* anti-material rifles *cough*). That is why I suggested the Skorpion because it is consistent with the setting of the game and serves a similar purpose.

STOP

The Škorpion (Sa61_EP1) is already in A2:CO, and if you haven't used it in vanilla gameplay, you're sorely mistaken if you think it's a lousy sidearm.

Secondly. Stock P-90 doesn't have any magnification OR scope - it's just got a miniature red dot sight built into the receiver group. Effective range would definitely not be augmented by this.

And thirdly. Chernarussia's military uses Warsaw-Pact weaponry. It's bad enough that there are HEAPS of western weapons in the game. There's very little reason for there to be another Belgian weapon in there, too.

If anything, Warsaw-Pact weaponry, vehicles and helicopters should be prolific, with Western and European weaponry rare or unique-spawn.

Edited by Manta-Avoid
  • Like 1

On a side note more guns would be nice, I hope the standalone will have cusomization in guns/attachments, that'd be amazing.

I am 90% sure this will come true, because arma3 wil have customizable gear/attachments. Keep an eye on arma 3 features as I'm sure many of em will make it to dayz mod ;)

Just to go off a realistic standpoint:

Who the hell has a P90? Barely any army really uses them, because they're using their own rifles. The ammunition would be also quite scarce, as only two weapons in the world use 5.7. It would be just as useful to put in an XM8 because at least it has some sort of scope. What we need are more hunting weapons. Most civilians don't own M16s, and the ones that do probably don't use them often. Here's something better:

DEM SHOTGUNS.

What's that? It's two shotguns that are used for hunting and skeet shooting. One is a semi-auto, the Browning Maxus, and the other is a Lanber 2097. Shotguns are the most common weapons in the world, with farmers and civilians alike using them for hunting, self defense, and skeet shooting. The chances of finding one of these types of weapons in a household is like 1 in 200. M16? more like 1 in 2000.

We need these guns. We don't need more Modern Warfare. And speaking of which....

I feel a much greater accomplishment when I nail a bastard from 200 yards with a Winchester than with an AKM. Why? Because no matter what gun I choose, I will still kill you. Even if it is one of the most common weapons available. (And I actually did swap out an AKM for a Winchester once, for multiple reasons).

On the side note of not having enough sidearms;

1. Make all melee weapons take the pistol slot.

2. Use these pistols as well. Many police forces use at least some of them.

German Weapons Pack

And the best part of what I just suggested, THEY'RE ALREADY MADE.

Edited by Zombiestubble
  • Like 1

Ok. We have heard the point that the P90 is not in any arma....i allready said that it would be nice too seee that weapon IN A FUTURE STANDALONE VERSION. You cant argue with the fact that this mod cant implement new weapons that easily....its just not the point. (And btw....it still is possible. If hard work is the blockade...then we better stop playing this game).

I would love to see more shotguns....but to argue that more civilians use them is kind of lame. YOU are suggesting we find more weapons in civilian buildings. WE are talking about finding more rare weapons that you actually are happy to find. Everytime i see a Makarov i almost start puking all over my keyboard....that crap is just everywhere. When i find a silenced M9 on the other hand....it kinda fulfills me with a feeling of success.

And THEN you got something you dont want to lose and so on.

Having a winchester that i find in every second farm-building doesnt make me play carefully....when i die, i lose nothing cause everything i got is so easy to get back...

I dont the the rare ammo would be a problem...it would be almost like the bizon:

You find the weapon, then you find some ammo. WHO THE HELL would carry the weapon with less than one extra mag on him?!

So stop arguing with the scarce ammo of a weapon.

The other point is something to discuss in the generall forum...it seems we all noticed that there is not enough motivation to stay alife when you got nothing to lose.

And when people start playing this game for this:

I feel a much greater accomplishment when I nail a bastard from 200 yards with a Winchester than with an AKM. Why? Because no matter what gun I choose, I will still kill you. Even if it is one of the most common weapons available. (And I actually did swap out an AKM for a Winchester once, for multiple reasons).

They can actually play COD, BF or any other of these crappy games.

More pistols ....w/e....i wouldnt mind them, i just said that there would be nothing new about them.

Red dot sight would improve the aiming quality. And the aiming quality effects the effective range of the weapon....its called EFFECTIVE range after all for at least two reasons: Bullets strength and the ability to precisely hit a target from a certain distance.

I doesnt actually increase the range...but it gets easier to aim and therefor hit and therefor the effectiveness.

Also, if you got a suggestion like giving the game more shotties, you should rather open a new suggestion thread or search one where you can post you love for those weapons....this one is about the P90 and should stay that way.

I dont need more guns i want BEASTIALITY. yes thats right people fucking animals. Even a touch of necrophelia and maybe rooting animals after gutting them would be nice aswell.

Well come on its better than adding another pea shooter :P

Looks nice. Also would be awesome to be able to find just the weapon and then the attachments so you could improve your weapon.

Also for those of you who said it wasnt used that often, pls check out this wiki article. There are also listed some of the attachments for the P90, like a silencer, a laser and a tactical light:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FN_P90

Just a small list..........................although i have to admit that russia is not on the list and neither is britain....

And there is also a civilian version, the PS90...didnt check that one out as much as i dont think many civilians actually have it and i dont wanna find such a weapon lying on the steps of a random houses entrance.

Edited by FreezyTouch

dont overload with guns... maybe rocket should have a poll of guns he is willing to make/add and we all vote on the most game changing/needed?

also... suggestion.. an air rifle?

would be quiet but weak as.

can make for an easy to find weapon, avaliable at supermarkets (cus these supermarkets have more dangerous weapons than we have at our local asda) XD

Edited by Shadytash101
  • Like 1

I don't see why they dont just add more of the Arma 2 guns into DayZ. the more variety the better. I don't get why some people are intolerant of adding a variety. do you get off from seeing the same Ak's M4's and snipers all the time?

Personally I'd love a huge weapon variety.

There is one major reason I can think of why they are not implemented (yet):

Ammunition. If you have 200 weapons with 80 different types of ammunition...

It will take quite some time until you find the correct rounds!

This is at least an balancing issue. I am quite sure there are ways around this problem,

but it makes implementing more guns more difficult.

--> As "more guns" is not high priority, let's do it later.

How come the COD kiddies want to turn this game into a Modern WarfareZ clone? Go back to your old game damnit.

The thing is many of us don't want the game to move FURTHER in the wrong direction by making it more of a senseless death match (there are PLENTY of games that do that already). As it stands now, the survival aspects of the game are very subdued and so the game has become much more about deathmatching. There are many reasons for this, not the least of which is the over abundance of high end military gear. I'm not saying we need to make the game all about eating food and finding medical supplies but we definitely need to strike a balance that provides the most open ended experience to the players.

I'll repost what I said since you seem to have skipped over it:

Cysquatch you need to read more of what rocket has posted about the game. Except the fucking deathmatch element.

So many children need to accept this brilliance.

Sorry to hijack this thread but I'd like to respond to this:

Cysquatch you need to read more of what rocket has posted about the game. Except the fucking deathmatch element.

So many children need to accept this brilliance.

I am going to assume you meant "accept". I have no problem with the "deathmatch" element of DayZ per say. I am not one of these people who think player killing is everything that is wrong with this mod and should be severely inhibited or removed. I very often engage in PvP whether in self defense or for my own personal gain and I enjoy it very much for the most part. It is no doubt a critical element for the game and I hope that it is improved upon like everything else. The issue here is that many of us don't want to see this game become a senseless killing fest like CoD or BF. In those games killing has little effect or meaning past the current match because those games are extremely simple; the goal is simply to kill other players. This mod is brilliant not only because it gives players the freedom to kill others but because a number of different factors work in harmony to shape an experience that is far beyond just a deathmatch. It is one that facilitates an enormous amount of complexity that transcends merely finding the best way to maximize your damage numbers and kill others. My only concern is that the game currently seems to be favoring only one of the many possible experiences it allows for. I just hope it doesn't lose sight of the other elements and limp off to join countless others in a graveyard of one-dimensional and uninteresting shooters.

Unless I missed something I believe Rocket and I are in agreement on much of this so maybe I need not worry too much.

Edited by Cysquatch

Anything that adds another weapon (whether role overlapping or not) that makes me make a choice on what I would rather use gets a +1 from me :D

+1