LetterKilled

URGENT!!! can you still lose equips in the water?!!

so I got gliched to an island on login. and the only way to get back is of course swim. I tried server hopping to get sent somewhere else but it wont.

will i lose my shit if i swim?

Depends on the server.

Never get attached to your gear in DayZ, especially lately. Cheater are rife.

• Like 1

Yes, it's a server side setting and the only way of knowing is to test it on that server.

• Like 1

Not anymore i dont think.

I have swam back and forth from a couple of islands since 95417 and 1.7.2.4 and never loose my kit.

I think you will be safe to cross by water now, this bug was fixed a while back.

Edited by jabbajaws77
  • Like 1

I think you will be safe to cross by water now, this bug was fixed a while back.

Not a bug, it's a feature of ARMA2.

ah okay cool. i guess ill try. im logged in as we speak. so I guess ill give you a heads up soon haha

The server US 669 doesn't make you lose your items. So if your ping isn't too high, use that server.

• Like 1

Depending on how far it is, you should be able to do it, because even if you do still lose your things while swimming, it isn't instantaneous. Now, i've only done it once, but it was more like a gradual leeching of my supplies, but I didn't swim for very long either so i might just me insane.

Depends on the server, and why would you WANT to be swimming? the zombies can also swim and even attack in water...

i didnt WANT to swim...i HAD to, to get back to the mainland. the respawn glitch put me on an island.

From what I've read, you have a certain amount of stamina. With full stamina you can swim for some odd 20 seconds or so (27 sticks out in my mind for some reason) and not lose any gear. So you swim for the amount of time, the stop and wait for your stamina to "Refill" , then continue swimming.No way to tell how full it is, so i just waited the full amount of time i swam. Following this, I've not lost my gear since my initial contact with water my first day of Day Z. Now servers can set the option(drop items while swimming Off though

Edited by internetTAB