Sign in to follow this  
Hawk24

The hypocrisy regarding hackers

What caught my attention lately is the rapid increase in threads with the following topic:

"HEY GUYZ, I FOUND A WEAPON THAT IS NOT IN THE GAME, CAN I TAKE IT WITHOUT GETTING BANNED?"

On the other side we see dozens of threads dedicated to bashing DayZ for its out-of-control state regarding hackers

"OHMYGAWD I'VE BEEN THUNDERDOME'D/NUKE'D, DAYZ SUCKS, BATTLEEYE SUCKS, I'M LEAVING"

Now...let me ask what the fuck is going on

On the one hand people cry and cry about loosing their stuff to a hacker killing the whole server

They are devastated about loosing all their hard earned progress through the push of a button by some douchebag paying 15 bucks for l33t VIP hacks

On the other hand they constantly ask if it's OK to keep hacked inventory

And people will actually tell them that's it's alright because THEY DIDN'T CHEAT IT IN THEMSELVES AND WON'T GET BANNED FOR IT

Way to go, you fucking morons

Duping, not punished with a ban, people complain about it

Nobody says it's alright to dupe just because you won't get banned for it

AltF4'ing, not punished with a ban, people complain about it

Nobody says it's alright to abort in a firefight just because you won't get banned for it

Serverhopping for loot, not punished with a ban, people complain about it

Nobody says it's alright to serverhop just because you won't get banned for it

You're furious when loosing gear to a hacker, screaming at the top of your lungs that BattleEye sucks

But taking hacked weaponry? Yes please, I'll gladly take a dozen!

You. Fucking. Hypocrites.

Edited by Hawk24
  • Like 12

Meh.

You either play legit, or you don't.

I left a camp with 14 tents intact... except for the 2 tents with hacked items in them.

So...please explain how it is the same person who complains about hacks and then uses hacked gear.

• Like 1

So...please explain how it is the same person who complains about hacks and then uses hacked gear when it is not.

So...please explain how it is the same person who complains about hacks and then uses hacked gear.

This is about the community and its "holy crusade against hackers", not individuals, although I'm sure enough there are retards that actually do this exact thing

Being happy about finding a cache of hacked weapons, crying and screaming when they get nuke'd afterwards

*also those encouraging the looting and usage of hacked weaponry

Edited by Hawk24

Explain how its the same person? Do you really want an explanation about people who dont like getting killed but like free weapons?

Do you really want an explanation about people who dont like getting killed but like free weapons?

You mean the free, hacked weapons?

Yeah, people will gladly take them, because they have neither common sense nor sportsmanship

As I said, they are patethic hypocrites, and they will cry once they get nuke'd

Found a tent with two AS50 TWS.

Dumped the entire content of the tent behind a nearby tree and saved the empty tent.

Thought of keeping the AS50s never crossed my mind.

I'm pretty sure the reason it has been "ok," was in the event someone killed someone who scripted it in and due to ignorance kept their gear. It wouldn't be fair to ban someone for not knowing something. Not everyone memorizes the loot tables and weapon charts.

Granted, this rule has become the caveat people need to look for these weapons and use them to gain an edge.

The community generally frowns on it, but your post makes a good point and I can't deny it from you.

• Like 1

Sorry folks, but I'm posting from a phone, thus the accidental double post and me not quotig you.

If it is about the community, then thats a huge generalization and you simply cannot base it on the playerbase as a whole as there are so many different players. Hackers, grievers, etc.

then thats a huge generalization

Based on tons of threads with both topics(taking hacked weapons / getting nuke'd), I'd actually say that this generalization is accurate to a certain degree

I'm not saying that everyone is doing it, hell, we got some people in this thread showing that there is still common sense left among humanity

My hat goes off to these players

But fact is that the forum is filled with those topics, and it just shows how retarded a large chunk of players actually is

And as long as people willingly take gear acquired through methods of cheating.....why even bother fighting hackers, seems like they like it that way

Y'know...finding hacker weapons, using them in Elektro/Cherno....getting nuked...rinse and repeat

Edited by Hawk24

Agreed.

The point you have raised is a valid one and is very relevant. Many players feign ignorance when they do not become the victim. They feel they have a right to these items after having all of their progress ruined by script-kiddies. They don't realize they are only part of the problem and this view is imparted on to others.

Eventually this spirals out of control as more and more players can grab these items without any fear of reprieve.

Eventually these will all be punishable and I for one will welcome that.

Edited by SumoS

Agreed.

I found some tents with hacked gear and blew them all up with a satchel charge I found inside.

A few hours later I found some Russian weapon crates and took all the weapons out, dropped them on the floor, and relogged so they would disappear :)

• Like 1

Of course, because 'hacking' and teleporting every player on the server to a field, then dropping them to their deaths is totally the same as stumbling across a gun which may be hacked... zzzz

I'm not interest in finding scripted-in weapons but has it occurred to you that people ask because they've heard whispers of it being allowed? Rocket and others have stated numerous times that if you find a scripted-in weapon, without scripting it in yourself, then you're allowed to keep it fair and square.

People are bound to get curious if they hear this via Chinese whispers, especially if they just found a dodgy weapon.

And besides, the fact that Rocket himself says it's okay renders this topic irrelevant. One is illegitimate, one is not.

I've never even seen a hacker. Might be though that some of the weapons I got from tens were hacked in. I mean hacking in normal AKM's is still possible right?

I've never even seen a hacker. Might be though that some of the weapons I got from tens were hacked in. I mean hacking in normal AKM's is still possible right?

Yeah, that's right. People who abuse scripts can spawn any item they want, even legitimate ones.

Last night my friends and I ran across a camp full of water canteens, can't explain that. It also had sand bags arranged like swastikas.

Hackers have reached the ultimate level of ArmA-hacking,they're using hacks that need the whole engine to be rebuilt ... meanwhile just leave with them,ask them for gear and stuff if you meet one they 're generally kind people :)

Yeah, that's right. People who abuse scripts can spawn any item they want, even legitimate ones.

Last night my friends and I ran across a camp full of water canteens, can't explain that. It also had sand bags arranged like swastikas.

OP, you should consider that many of the people who take weapons from tents might not even be aware that they're hacked in. With AS50 Thermals its obvious, but with AKM's not so much.

Of course, because 'hacking' and teleporting every player on the server to a field, then dropping them to their deaths is totally the same as stumbling across a gun which may be hacked... zzzz

You absolutely missed the point

Try again

OP, you should consider that many of the people who take weapons from tents might not even be aware that they're hacked in. With AS50 Thermals its obvious, but with AKM's not so much.

It doesn't apply to someone taking an AKM, there is no way to tell if it's hacked since it's a legit DayZ weapon

It does apply to those people asking if they can keep the G36C SD/AS50 TWS they just found, even though they are clearly aware that this weapon is hacked in

And people will answer with "oh yeah it's ok dude, you don't get banned for it so go ahead"....ffs

Probably duped

Noone would do the work to actually store 50 water canteens if they can just add them to their inventory whenever they want

Edited by Hawk24

This is about the community and its "holy crusade against hackers"

Um... are you referring to the people who keep posting redundant QQ threads about their run-ins with hackers in the General Discussion section? Because I'm pretty sure that doesn't equate to a holy crusade. More like morons who can't be bothered to post a proper cheat report in the correct forum section.

Um... are you referring to the people who keep posting redundant QQ threads about their run-ins with hackers in the General Discussion section? Because I'm pretty sure that doesn't equate to a holy crusade. More like morons who can't be bothered to post a proper cheat report in the correct forum section.

Yeah...I know

Having lots of morons QQ about hackers in contrast to having lots of morons asking if they keep their shiny new toys that are obviously hacked still creates an image of deep hypocrisy to me

"Hackers, please leave me alone, but if you fancy dropping some OP gear for me I'll gladly take it"

Edited by Hawk24