kyle939

Stuck on loading screen fixed and graphics bugs still persists!

Hello,

So if you are getting stuck on loading screen it is because you are trying to join a 1.7.2.5 and your version is 1.7.2.4.

Basically update by downloading them direct from the website mirrors, do not use Six Launcher or anything because they are on 1.7.2.4. As soon as I did that and replaced old files it all worked fine and no problems.

Back to the game... The graphics bugs still persists.

I am running 1.7.2.5 with V95883 and still getting the stupid crazy graphics glitches all over the screen.

Thought I would say.

• Like 2

Thank you.

This is the clearest most concise reason for the loading screen problem that I've heard of yet.

Someone else posted a long convoluted fix that I didn't have the patience for last night.

I wonder if I can patch Dayz after verification in Six Launcher, and then launch like I do to roll back to 95417.

I don't think I have manual launch set-up properly.... I should probably stop being lazy and get it together.

• Like 1

I am running 1.7.2.5 with beta-patch 95883 and I still have graphical artifacts too. On Balota for example, and if I understand, they are comming from dead bodies on military objects. I haven`t screen, because i`m too far from military objects now. Its unreal to play with them.

I am at Berezino and there are graphics glitches all around this place. Annoying!

Enjoy :)

Hello,

So if you are getting stuck on loading screen it is because you are trying to join a 1.7.2.5 and your version is 1.7.2.4.

Basically update by downloading them direct from the website mirrors, do not use Six Launcher or anything because they are on 1.7.2.4. As soon as I did that and replaced old files it all worked fine and no problems.

Back to the game... The graphics bugs still persists.

I am running 1.7.2.5 with V95883 and still getting the stupid crazy graphics glitches all over the screen.

Thought I would say.

Kyle, have you by any chance tried joining a 1.7.2.5 / 95417 server? Or any other non-95883 server?

I am asking because I used to be able to join them all, but now can only join 1.7.2.5/95883. If I try anything else, i get perma-Load. Force-quit. Join 95883, spawn on coast (because of the force-quit I guess).

My buddy is completely updated to 1.7.2.5/95883. He manually updated exactly as I did to get on the same version and beta. His game reflects this on the splash screen.

He can not join ANYTHING except 1.7.2.4/95417.

Nuts.

Edited by HMS

Hey all I am the friend of HMS ^^ who was having weird issues. Here is what I did just now. If you need more details I can type out a better version:

Here is what I did:

Verified both ARMA2 and OA files within steam, it found broken/missing files for both. Go to library right click properties local files, verify local files for both.

Then I defragged cache files for both. (right click properties local files, defrag cache)

Started both games up one at a time and let them install missing files or whatever.

Next I downloaded the latest battleye client dll file, copied it and replaced the one located in the battleye folder under the OA expansion directory.

Next I ran the 95883 updater. I placed this EXE file in the OA/Expansion/Beta directory. Ran it. NOW! This creates a new folder called expansion(as far as I could tell) in the BETA directory. In this new folder is a dta folder with some files in it. I copied these files and moved back into the OA/Expansion directory. In there is the normal DTA folder. Open that folder and paste the files you just copied overwrite. (make a back up of the DTA if you wish just in case)

Next I extracted the 1.7.2.5 files into the @DayZ addons folder.

Next I did NOT use Six Launcher to verify anything. I went directly to DayZ Commander and ran as admin. Joined a server showing the latest update. Game loaded just fine. I could not do this last night. So I joined a server with the latest update. You will also notice that your debug menu in the top right now has a humanity meter. Another way to show you have updated properly.

I have not tried to join another game yet. But I will verify once I have joined another game.

Sorry I typed these up really quickly and messy. If you are confused I can try and do a better job of showing what I did.

• Like 1

I have now joined another 95885 server.

The updated exe file says 95883 but I believe the 3 is a typo.

We just played on a 95819 server - at least, that's the title. The server version according to D Commander is 95824.

Well, I was able to join, unlike what happened last night. Well, I am not going to bother trying to figure this out for now. If it's working... I consider myself lucky!