Sign in to follow this  
TrajanP

Way to make Zed more dangerous... easily

Everyone says zombies aren't as dangerous etc etc.. and what will fix this? What will make players want to work together more?

I thought of a relatively simple solution:

Make Zed grab you/bite you. While grabbed you cannot move. You can only attempt to push/shoot/whatever the zombie that has a hold of you. (this can be done and implemented however you want)

OR you can make it so only another player can get the zed off you (i dislike this because it does encourage teamwork however not everyone wants to play with others)

In the end while you're grabbed.. other zed can swarm you and you get mobbed and will die basicaly. make the zed eat you.

Implement this grabbing idea so that it doesnt happen 100% of the time.. make them grab at you like 50% or 60% so that it is a definite threat (especially when in a city with more than 1 zed) but its not a death sentence.

make them do a lunge grabbing at you.. and now you cannot move until you get them off you.

THERE. Zombies are far more dangerous now.

Here's the actual way of making zombies dangerous. Let them run indoors. That is the real reason they aren't dangerous, because you can just kite a horde of 50 zombies into a church and blast them away.

ya maybe 50%+ is a bit much. so maybe a bit less

Here's the actual way of making zombies dangerous. Let them run indoors. That is the real reason they aren't dangerous' date=' because you can just kite a horde of 50 zombies into a church and blast them away.

[/quote']

Maybe in a church, but it's not like you run smoothly into a house, so why would they.

Zeds ARE dangerous, in my humble opinion. People who think they are not dangerous probably disconnect as soon as they're aggro is activated.

I don't see how Arma2 engine will work with grabbing, maybe just force you in to prone like you where knock down, I think if you where stuck and if you where by your self it would make it to hard

Zeds ARE dangerous' date=' in my humble opinion. People who think they are not dangerous probably disconnect as soon as they're aggro is activated.

[/quote']

I also agree with this. They are pretty dangerous as is.

This thread is stupid.

Zombies are glitchy, buggy and what not already and can suddenly break your bone, cause bleeding, knock you out so that you bleed to death before you "wake up" (or you wake up,o nly to get knocked out immediately and then die) all in an instant.

He should FOCUS ON FIXING TEH ZOMBIES AND AI BEFORE FUCKING WITH THIS.

This thread is stupid.

Zombies are glitchy' date=' buggy and what not already and can suddenly break your bone, cause bleeding, knock you out so that you bleed to death before you "wake up" (or you wake up,o nly to get knocked out immediately and then die) all in an instant.

[/quote']

Bug fixing is actually mainly for a beta.

Please see the EXPLANATION OF ALPHA! thread for more information.

Makes complete sense to have thousands of people testing the game in an alpha state, only to add more dysfunctional and gamebreaking features..

But I guess thats how BI works, as their games are always REALLY REALLY buggy (and also perform like shit, 30fps in Cherno on Normal with a 680, woah)

Makes complete sense to have thousands of people testing the game in an alpha state' date=' only to add more dysfunctional and gamebreaking features..

But I guess thats how BI works, as their games are always REALLY REALLY buggy (and also perform like shit, 30fps in Cherno on Normal with a 680, woah)

[/quote']

Are you a programmer? Do you know how shit works?

Programming is a process... you are never ever complete. Fixing the "bugs" in the AI now could just be in vain if a feature is added into the code later that can make it break. It's all about adding/taking away... fitting things together until it does work.

Adding new features isn't necessarily bad if they can fit it in and get it to work with the current AI and flesh out bugs as it goes.

There are many different approaches and ideologies to programming... this is one of them.. and a common one nowadays.

Not sure how many people will like this, but when your grabbed, there should be a button you can bash to fill a bar or something to get them off you.

I've been successfully '1 shot' by a Zed before, that is to say I got hit once, broke a bone and got devoured. This mechanic, yet unrefined kind of already exists within the game.

This thread is stupid.

Zombies are glitchy' date=' buggy and what not already and can suddenly break your bone, cause bleeding, knock you out so that you bleed to death before you "wake up" (or you wake up,o nly to get knocked out immediately and then die) all in an instant.

[/quote']

He SHOULD, should he?

Zeds in a house may be slow, but you're confined to a small place usually with virtually 2 escape points. If you aggro'd a lot of zeds, they can easily over run you whilst you reload..

I say give some of them guns.

Ones that are barely turning. They have their motor skills but lost their humanity.

kind of like bandits if you think about it