Sign in to follow this  
allen (DayZ)

this "update" sucks....

ever since this last update..its very hard to join a server for me...also it teleports me to different areas of the map....i know its in alpha for what 3 months? plenty of time to be fixing the hackers and these freaking huge issues in the game...i really had high hopes for this game but the longer this PoS alpha game lasts the more i fear that a standalone game will take forever to come up and if it does it will suck also......

its ashame...maybe another company can take what Dayz started and give the game what it deserves....

Can you tell us what versions of the beta the servers that you are trying to join are running? I'm asking for the ones that work, and the ones that don't.

And when you tele-spawn on the coast, is it any time you join a server successfully, or only after you have to quit because you are stuck on Loading?

ever since this last update..its very hard to join a server for me...also it teleports me to different areas of the map....i know its in alpha for what 3 months? plenty of time to be fixing the hackers and these freaking huge issues in the game...i really had high hopes for this game but the longer this PoS alpha game lasts the more i fear that a standalone game will take forever to come up and if it does it will suck also......

its ashame...maybe another company can take what Dayz started and give the game what it deserves....

You had high hopes for this game?? Its a mod..Arma2 is the game. If it sucks so bad you dont have to test this alpha phase.

One does not simply fix hackers...

Hackers are getting globally banned every day, you might not know that. Its just like crime in real life, its going to take time to catch people in the act.

Of course DayZ is going to have huge issues because it is a mod for a game that has been out since 2009 on an outdated engine. Plus he added things to the game that you shouldn't really been able to do so those will be big problem starters. Shit happens, no game or mod will be perfect. You will be back on DayZ in like a few days or a week

I love the Alpha-Phase crutch that this mod so heavily leans on. If something is broken or running like shit just bust out the "Lol Alpha bro." Love it.

I love the Alpha-Phase crutch that this mod so heavily leans on. If something is broken or running like shit just bust out the "Lol Alpha bro." Love it.

:facepalm:

• Like 2

lawls, thats cause it works, and people dont bitch cause they cant. when the full release comes out and its broken just like half the games that do come out, then you can really bitch. till then know one is really gonna care, cause "its still in alpha man"

so lets just keep adding broken shit to the pile of crap....

I dont understand how your brain works dude, No more glitches, Zombies run straight, My load time was like under a minute after picking a server? Apart from spawning on the coast I still kept my gear and my ATV was where I left it? No biggy. Great patch! Great Alpha so far.

• Like 2

I sorta resent the fact that I got teleported back to the beach but then again, it brings a certain kind of excitement to see people again. Surviving in the woods for the last week has made me lonely, and z's don't make for great companions.

• Like 1

I was getting random coast spawns before this patch tbh, now I don't seem to be able to join any servers (despite updating using DZcommander) but I guess it'll sort itself out.

Here's the thing. When we say "It's an Alpha", we mean "It's a bloody alpha, this is not a finished product. This is no closer to a full game then a sketchbook is to a finished painting. When you complain about bugs and security holes rather than filling out a report, you aren't just being entitled, you are actively hindering the correction of the very issues that have you so bothered. File your bug reports, accept the limitations of the current engine, understand development phases.

I'll leave this here for you.

Ranty ranty ranttttttttt, I think its a good update espcially when the zombies don't run like there on steroids :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Ranty ranty ranttttttttt, I think its a good update espcially when the zombies don't run like there on steroids :thumbsup:

not hitting like Big Mike Tyson too :)

Yeah I'm having even more trouble connecting to servers than before.

they could introduce in kill message who kill who so it will get easier catch hackers .. as it is you do not know the name of that hacker's because you can not see it..it is hard to prove it is the player who the hacker when you can not see derres names when they shoot someone I have emptied a 50 mac as a boy and could see he was hit he was waiting around and shot me 5 sliders in the upper body and not dead hmm I tæmlig than convinced that he was a hacker but no proof as I could not see him in the name of the game

Well this spawn on coast thing explains why Cherno and Elektro have been such deathmatch areas since the update. Even on low pop servers everyone seemed to be a either sniping or rampaging in the cities.