TheMachine

Totally lost any faith I had in Rocket/dev team

Feel free to not buy it. Again, I don't give a fuck.

I'm going "apeshit" because of the elitist fucking comments left here from people just like you. See how you needlessly insult my character? Good job, another hypocrite!

~Sol

I won't, and noone else will with that attitude, you don't give a fuck if people buy your game, surely you're a great developer.

Insult your character? Oh I'm sorry, clearly you're not acting like a douchebag to everyone, excuse me.

• Like 1

Stop bitching about wanting shit done quickly, it's a very limited development team fixing the game for FREE, again FREE. It's a free mod, the game may cost money but Bohemia doesn't share any of their profit.

Don't talk shit because people wanted things done quickly, you got a hotfix instead of a patch because people wanted fixes to be done, don't be angry when Rocket has to rush and there are issues because he couldn't prepare the patch fully.

I watch Videos and interviews with Rocket and I think.... I could go for a beer with this guy or would love to have a Dayz session with him as he seems cool and easy to talk to... yeah the game has bugs but you can see Rocket is passionate about his game..

Sol...... after reading your posts...and getting a gist of your attitude..... your game better be fkin good!!!

My attitude turned to shit when, after 30 years of my life, doing things for everyone else and leaving myself last... I had enough of being shit on.

Now I see the same thing happening all around me... the only difference is (now) I don't try to hide it with some passive-aggressive bullshit (like everyone else does), like I'm hiding under mum's dress while thorwing pickles across McDonalds at the old people on the balcony.

I just come right out and say, eat my shit fuckface... don't like it? Suck my left one.

Also, my game will be (hopefully) the best depiction of a zombie survival game ever made. With 10 years of planning and testing, it should be solid. Graphically you will want to vomit I'm sure since it will probably "OMG IT LOOKS LIKE SHITTY ASS MINECRAFT WITH PIXELS DEAR GOD", but I"m going for content and integration of content... interaction with an unlimited world... not WOW that CONCRETE LOOKS AMAZINGLY LIKE CONCRETE! I can see the CRACKS IN IT! Again though, not really going deep in to that here...

I won't, and noone else will with that attitude, you don't give a fuck if people buy your game, surely you're a great developer.

Insult your character? Oh I'm sorry, clearly you're not acting like a douchebag to everyone, excuse me.

Because your track record is brilliant. Whatever man.

~Sol

Edited by Sol

I'm an indie developer with a team of 4 other people. We are self employeed and self funded. I am the project director and fund manager, as well as lead artist and mechanic designer.

Calling me a whining asshole? That's rich. Read your post again, whining about me whining... fucking hypocrite.

If moving to beta is so dumb, then why has Rocket skipped that part and started the standalone already? Because he realises that what I'm saying (as well as many many others have been saying) is correct. The mod is pretty much unfixable, and will never ever BE fixed. He SHOULD however, stop adding shit, fix the bugs then let us have some FUN while he makes the SERIOUS version of the game. Go ahead, tell me how I'm wrong etc, I really don't give a fuck.

I'm not trashtalking the competition... I'm fed up with the (99%, there are some of you I love and adore!) dickhead community that fills this jackass shit-hole up... and the frustration is bleeding over to the dev team who take a month to release a patch that breaks more shit than it fixes... IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE!

Also, I'll PM you some stuff you can check out, if you like.

I have an almost fully working 3D engine with realtime day/night lighting cycles... you do understand that, before you have something to "show" you have to make the thing that drives the graphics... IE the engine, right?

In simpler terms: None of the math has pretty pictures actually attached to it yet.

Oh, you mean like say... pretty much everyone here?

I don't give a fuck :)

You don't have to like me... I'm not forcing you to. I'm the nicest person you'll ever meet outside of a place like this. So infuriating reading the absolute SHIT you people post about each other, claiming you have some special fucking right to treat others like utter garbage.

~Sol

We'll do a Q and A style approach to your post:

You: Calling me a whining asshole? That's rich. Read your post again, whining about me whining... fucking hypocrite.

Me: I'm not whining, I'm educating. There is a major difference. :) You're smart, figure it out.

You: If moving to beta is so dumb, then why has Rocket skipped that part and started the standalone already? Because he realises that what I'm saying (as well as many many others have been saying) is correct. The mod is pretty much unfixable, and will never ever BE fixed. He SHOULD however, stop adding shit, fix the bugs then let us have some FUN while he makes the SERIOUS version of the game. Go ahead, tell me how I'm wrong etc, I really don't give a fuck.

Me: I'm going to presume that this mod was for developmental purposes, design practices or perhaps just fundamentals. Getting an idea and how to approach the standalone. In my mind it was a quick prototype, much like major studios use tools such as Unity3D to quickly prototype their design and get investors. However, using your own logic and moving a bug-ridden mod to BETA knowing that it is "unfixable" as you say, is ridiculously stupid. You are clearly a close minded simpleton. By adding more things - he can in real time test them and see how they either add to or take away from his overall plan for the game. If you didn't give a fuck, you wouldn't feel the need to reply. :) Your psyche is already known, you don't have to keep re-iterating that you don't care.

You: I'm not trashtalking the competition... I'm fed up with the (99%, there are some of you I love and adore!) dickhead community that fills this jackass shit-hole up... and the frustration is bleeding over to the dev team who take a month to release a patch that breaks more shit than it fixes... IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE!

Me: I didn't say you were trashing the competition, perhaps you're mixing me up with another post. I will agree that 99% of this community is retarded and should lose their internet, and I agree the community is making it harder to fix bugs realistically.

You: Also, I'll PM you some stuff you can check out, if you like.

Me: OK, I would enjoy that.

You: I have an almost fully working 3D engine with realtime day/night lighting cycles... you do understand that, before you have something to "show" you have to make the thing that drives the graphics... IE the engine, right? In simpler terms: None of the math has pretty pictures actually attached to it yet.

Me: It wasn't my argument that you had things to show, it was your argument that you had a 90% bug-free ALPHA. Which implied you had a 90% bug-free ALPHA of your game, not of your engine. You should've clarified that from the beginning, not my fault. Implications are a bitch.

You: You don't have to like me... I'm not forcing you to. I'm the nicest person you'll ever meet outside of a place like this. So infuriating reading the absolute SHIT you people post about each other, claiming you have some special fucking right to treat others like utter garbage.

Me: I don't like you because you claim to be something you're really not. You are who you have shown yourself to be on this forum, the other person, in real life, is just a face you show to people because you're a coward. I do agree with you though, the crap I see people post on this forum is aggrevating. However, you have no seen anything from me. The majority of my posts (finally registered tonight, after weeks of reading) have been directed at you.

Because your track record is brilliant. Whatever man.

~Sol

I never said that, I'm just saying, right now, you're not liked here. I never went mad, had arguements over multiple threads while insulting pretty much everyone on this board.

"Some little kids in my neighborhood were having a lemonade stand. They were actually not even charging anything. I tried their lemonade. Shit was in these cups that were like 2 ounces smaller than other cups of lemonade I have had before. Also, not sure what was up, but it wasn't really the same shade of yellow either. So naturally, I told those dumb children off. I wanted to hit them, because I have rage problems, and I had put a lot of time into drinking their free lemonade."

• Like 1

Hello everyone, I am not going to read through 7 pages of what seemingly looks like the same junk repeated over and over. Allow me to post my views on this whole problem.

DayZ, as everyone knows thanks to people like me, is in Alpha. It is not a stable game yet and it runs off of another game, it can not bend the way Rocket wants it to bend so they have to stay with in the boundrys of the current engine the mod runs off of. This can break mods and ruin mechanics. I belive that Rocket has already done enough that maybe we should stop ragging on the poor guy. He works hard to please his community of over 1,000,000 Unique players who will all beg for some sort of suggestion or hotfix to be force released to the communtiy so everyone can have them. They are rushed code and from personal experiance, rushed code =Bad code. yet we see OP's like this bagging on rocket because a bad patch is released. Bad patchs will happen as he is testing out still so that the standalone will be a fixed and a enjoyable game.

If you want to flame me fine, but I belive Rocket did a fine fucking job on this and I am tired of seeing people rag on it. If this was a sepearate game and it was breaking like this I could understand your rage, I as a coder, I understand that code fucks up and breaks all the time and people EXPECT for that damn code to be fixed soon so they can play again. Have some paitance, eat some beans, and enjoy it while it lasts.

• Like 1

We'll do a Q and A style approach to your post:

Half of what I said wasn't directed at you. I did quote the person to whom I was respond to directly above each section of text.

So am I smart, or a simpleton... you contradicted yourself, again.

Just because something is a quick prototype, doesn't mean you keep slapping the shit on it when there are fundamental issues with basic function, unless of course you don't give a shit about your potential player base.

Engine also = game... at least, in the way I design an engine. The engine is modular, and easy to add/remove features. I guess to suit your definition of a "game" we just have to add pretty pictures to show what our code is doing... then it's a game, I suppose.

What am I claiming to be that I'm not? Enlighten me... I'm dying to know, how you know so much about who I am, or what I stand for and believe. This ought to be great.

I never said that, I'm just saying, right now, you're not liked here. I never went mad, had arguements over multiple threads while insulting pretty much everyone on this board.

I'm not liked here? Haha ok, and I care why? I don't like any of you assholes either, so I guess that makes us even?

"Some little kids in my neighborhood were having a lemonade stand. They were actually not even charging anything. I tried their lemonade. Shit was in these cups that were like 2 ounces smaller than other cups of lemonade I have had before. Also, not sure what was up, but it wasn't really the same shade of yellow either. So naturally, I told those dumb children off. I wanted to hit them, because I have rage problems, and I had put a lot of time into drinking their free lemonade."

Or you could tell him where he went wrong, then beat the shit out of the fucking dickheads that stand around giving you shit for trying to help.

~Sol

You don't need THOUSANDS of machines to test something as simple as a corrupted model. You need to hire a descent model maker... end of story.

It's also obvious that it's not been tested at all, since these problems were immediately obvious with more than 90% of the player base, moments after the pre-patch was made available.

Was I expecting any different to what happened? Sadly no... I knew this would happen, and waited for the shitstorm to ensue. This, if anything, is helping me tremendously since my project is in direct competition with DayZ and the more team rocket fucks this up, the more fanboys I'll have to endlessly suck my epeen when my patches don't make the game 10x worse with each update.

I can't wait to see what bullshit happens next... bitten by the new dog that get's added, teleport to the fucking MOON?

I really couldn't give a shit if you want to play my game or not... chances are though, you will.

I also don't give two flying knobs of goat shit what you or anyone else thinks of my P.R. skills either... I'm frankly sick to death of the inane excuses made by the kids-of-today, and the total lack of respect for anyone elses opinion. In my day, it wasn't called "trolling" it was called "being a fucking dickhead"... you want to play games? I'll show you how it was done in my day, mate.

*EDIT*

My game is written from scratch... 100% engine built from the ground up. I'm not stupid enough to build a mod on top of some shoddy engine that has never worked good from day dot... Operation Flashpoint was the buggiest POS ever, and nothing much has changed. I wonder how BI is even still around?

~Sol

Also, what is your game/mod? How can it be in compitention with DayZ as you claim, I have never heard of you or your mod.

My attitude turned to shit when, after 30 years of my life, doing things for everyone else and leaving myself last... I had enough of being shit on.

Now I see the same thing happening all around me... the only difference is (now) I don't try to hide it with some passive-aggressive bullshit (like everyone else does), like I'm hiding under mum's dress while thorwing pickles across McDonalds at the old people on the balcony.

I just come right out and say, eat my shit fuckface... don't like it? Suck my left one.

I am sure alot of people on these forums havent had the easiest of lives or have issues in RL that they have to deal with. Doesnt mean we all just turn into what we despise and tell people to eat my shit....

On one of your posts you said your the nicest people you will meet in real life and yet now you are saying you arent that person any longer.... which is it.

Im not going to feed your rage anymore.... I will wait to see your game and then comment on it.... nothing more

I'm not liked here? Haha ok, and I care why? I don't like any of you assholes either, so I guess that makes us even?

You keep saying you don't care when you obviously do.

Anyway, keep on trying getting your point crossed when acting like that, noone's gonna take you seriously so why do you even bother?

• Like 2

Also, what is your game/mod? How can it be in compitention with DayZ as you claim, I have never heard of you or your mod.

Learn to read.

I am sure alot of people on these forums havent had the easiest of lives or have issues in RL that they have to deal with. Doesnt mean we all just turn into what we despise and tell people to eat my shit....

On one of your posts you said your the nicest people you will meet in real life and yet now you are saying you arent that person any longer.... which is it.

Im not going to feed your rage anymore.... I will wait to see your game and then comment on it.... nothing more

Feed my rage? Lol.

I'm as calm as possible while writing these posts... I am however in disbelief that no matter WHAT anyone says, you people just like to tear them apart. It's disgusting and quite frankly in a situation like this, it's kill or be killed.

I am the nicest person ever, until you act like a self-important douche-fag around me... who spouts transparent bullshit about crap they know nothing about... or even better, try to tell me (or anyone else) "how they are" as a person, or how to run their lives. I take extreme care not to directly INSULT someone for the FUCKING SAKE OF IT.

You keep saying you don't care when you obviously do.

Anyway, keep on trying getting your point crossed when acting like that, noone's gonna take you seriously so why do you even bother?

For the exact same reason you keep posting.

~Sol

Edited by Sol

DayZ is at a pretty bad state indeed. Unplayable areas because of glitches plus the lack of a respawn button, which in fact means hard working people, searching for entertainment in their spare time, now have to find a zombie or jump off a lighthouse, if the e.g. respwan in Kamenka. WASTE OF TIME. Also, way less entertainment since blue side channel has gone.

Its a personal preference. Some want initial action and maybe head towards Elektro/Cherno. Others may want a long-term project and go north. But now DayZ decides.

I ask you, after working 10+ hours, whats the benefit of respawning in Kamenka and then start running for hours? Finding a vehicle once in a year? Not every gamer is a pupil or student or unemployed.

Edited by plymouth_colony

Actually that's exactly what being an Alpha fucking means. What else would it mean?

That's basically the fucking definition. Holy motherfuck.

You really like to throw your worthless child like opinions around. At what point will you drooling fucking retards stop saying "it's an alpha" and realize that "testing" is done in a far more closed and secure level than this. There are apparently (though doubtful) over a million players. That isn't an alpha, that has the client base of a full fledged fucking release. Call it an alpha or pull the whole free mod thing but little 70% of the people playing this game got it because of the mod, not ARMA. Now will you just go be a fat fucking retard elsewhere?

Elaborate.

I don't care what people think of me, because they don't know me. All they see are words, and they make those words into whatever suits themselves at the time.

What I do care about is the way the general community speaks to each other, and needlessly insults them because they have conflicting views on a topic.

I keep posting, hoping that they will realise one day and snap the fuck out of it... and just BE NICE for a change!?

The same reason you keep replying to me... even though YOU were calling ME all sorts of wonderful names... something I'm doing that you don't like.

I don't CARE if you think I'm a piece of shit. At least I have some form of moral conviction and don't treat people around me like dirt (unless they do it to me first... give what you get) and in general try to remain at least objective about my views. I don't spout bullshit crap that has no meaning or backing... when I say something I (usually, under normal circumstances) give examples of how it could be done better, or at least suggest thins in a constrcutive manner... not just be "oh its shit, and by the way fuck you", though in this instance most of you can "suck my dick".

~Sol

Edited by Sol
  • Like 1

DayZ is at a pretty bad state indeed. Unplayable areas because of glitches plus the lack of a respawn button, which in fact means hard working people, searching for entertainment in their spare time, now have to find a zombie or jump off a lighthouse, if the e.g. respwan in Kamenka. WASTE OF TIME. Also, way less entertainment since blue side channel has gone.

Its a personal preference. Some want initial action and maybe head towards Elektro/Cherno. Others may want a long-term project and go north. But now DayZ decides.

I ask you, after working 10+ hours, whats the benefit of respawning in Kamenka and then start running for hours? Finding a vehicle once in a year? Not every gamer is a pupil or student or unemployed.

Don't come on this forum and use your basic logic here! Why wouldn't people who have better things to do than play Hiking Simulator 98 want to spawn on the coast, run towards something that MIGHT be interesting and find it to be a wild kaleidoscopic?

Half of what I said wasn't directed at you. I did quote the person to whom I was respond to directly above each section of text.

So am I smart, or a simpleton... you contradicted yourself, again.

Just because something is a quick prototype, doesn't mean you keep slapping the shit on it when there are fundamental issues with basic function, unless of course you don't give a shit about your potential player base.

Engine also = game... at least, in the way I design an engine. The engine is modular, and easy to add/remove features. I guess to suit your definition of a "game" we just have to add pretty pictures to show what our code is doing... then it's a game, I suppose.

What am I claiming to be that I'm not? Enlighten me... I'm dying to know, how you know so much about who I am, or what I stand for and believe. This ought to be great.

~Sol

You: Half of what I said wasn't directed at you. I did quote the person to whom I was respond to directly above each section of text.

Me: Gotcha.

You: So am I smart, or a simpleton... you contradicted yourself, again.

Me: Sarcasm over the internet is hard to follow, my apologies. What have I contradicted myself on?

You: Just because something is a quick prototype, doesn't mean you keep slapping the shit on it when there are fundamental issues with basic function, unless of course you don't give a shit about your potential player base.

Me: That's the thing. He's adding his ideas faster than dealing with the bugs people find (which is absolutely fair in an ALPHA). He's an actual game designer/developer, and he doesn't jump to conclusions immediately. So removing the crap that isn't so good, or "lame" is not on the top of his priority list. It might be on the top of our priority lists as testers, but as the developer, he has a different plan and he's doing what he thinks is best. I'm sure he does care about his player base, but he already knows that his idea/concept is a success, and when working properly it will sell to the masses. 1,000,000 unique players is proof to that and enough to get just about any investor out there. Which is most likely why BI is funding his standalone.

You: Engine also = game... at least, in the way I design an engine. The engine is modular, and easy to add/remove features. I guess to suit your definition of a "game" we just have to add pretty pictures to show what our code is doing... then it's a game, I suppose.

Me: Once again you did not clarify. You said 3D engine, and in no way is a 3D engine a game engine. I'm presuming you're some self taught game developer at this point who has no real experience, which is why you keep using wrong terminology and fail to be concise about what it is your doing. To suit my definition of a game: there is a start, an objective, and an end. I could careless about your pretty pictures. I'm not a graphics whore. In fact, I still code and play on MUDs. I can only go off of what you say, and you implicated you had a 90% bug-free ALPHA tested game. Once again, it's not my fault you fail to give proper information or to articulate yourself in a manner we can understand. I'm assuming it's because you're over there raging that the mod you want to steal ideas from is not working properly for you, during it's ALPHA testing phase.

You: What am I claiming to be that I'm not? Enlighten me... I'm dying to know, how you know so much about who I am, or what I stand for and believe. This ought to be great.

Me: A game developer, so far you've said you have 10 years of game design (I actually chuckled at this, it took you 10 years and you've only got a 3D engine at 90% bug-free ALPHA?). The attitude of your posts tell a lot about how you are and who you are.

The same reason you keep replying to me... even though YOU were calling ME all sorts of wonderful names... something I'm doing that you don't like.

I don't CARE if you think I'm a piece of shit. At least I have some form of moral conviction and don't treat people around me like dirt (unless they do it to me first... give what you get)

~Sol

What, I called you a douchebag ONCE and all of the sudden it's ''all sort of wonderful names''? I don't treat people like dirt unless they do it to me or to other people who didn't deserve it either, so give what you get indeed.

It's hard to have a serious conversation with you when you throw around ''shit'' and ''fuck'' in almost every sentence.

Edited by SadPanda

What, I called you a douchebag ONCE and all of the sudden it's ''all sort of wonderful names''? I don't treat people like dirt unless they do it to me or to other people who didn't deserve it either, so give what you get indeed.

I can call you a douche, will that you make you feel better, douche?

I can call you a douche, will that you make you feel better, douche?

Ok....

aOygT.jpg

?

Edited by SadPanda
  • Like 1

Ok....

aOygT.jpg

?

yes, you have the personality of that inanimate object. Open assed fart on your face, goofy fuck head.

I know it's an alpha, lets get that out of the way first so that canned reply is spewed out of some idiots gullet.

But come on, first the patch is 2 weeks late, then it's broken as hell.

Every single patch thus far has made issues worse and not done anything to fix previous bugs.

And this one is no different.

The graphical glitches are still there (and worse).

Login times are far far worse... that's if you can login at all and don't get stuck on the loading screen forever.

Bear traps still aren't fixed since the last patch?

I spawned invisible with a thermal scoped gun in my backpack, the hell?

I suicided to get rid of it, since I like to play fair.

Just the graphical glitches alone are game breaking, why wasn't this fixed?

Why was it listed as fixed if it wasn't?

Was ANY testing done on the patch, or was some code just splurged into the editor then the patch fired out?

I hope the 'team' rocket is overseeing on the development of the standalone are more competent at coding and he's just giving them ideas, since he seems to have sort of the right ones for this game.

You are expecting too much, a big change happened to DayZ mod, it went from being a fan made mod to its own game. What I expect, is that Rocket need to learn a new development pipeline, become acquainted with a new team and most likely new apartment/location. The next major update will, most likely, happen a month from now on and the stand alone build might surface 3-4 month from now on (most likely 6).

This is what people should call "reasonable" expectations, anything that surfaces sooner is a bonus.