TheMachine

Totally lost any faith I had in Rocket/dev team

I know it's an alpha, lets get that out of the way first so that canned reply is spewed out of some idiots gullet.

But come on, first the patch is 2 weeks late, then it's broken as hell.

Every single patch thus far has made issues worse and not done anything to fix previous bugs.

And this one is no different.

The graphical glitches are still there (and worse).

Login times are far far worse... that's if you can login at all and don't get stuck on the loading screen forever.

Bear traps still aren't fixed since the last patch?

I spawned invisible with a thermal scoped gun in my backpack, the hell?

I suicided to get rid of it, since I like to play fair.

Just the graphical glitches alone are game breaking, why wasn't this fixed?

Why was it listed as fixed if it wasn't?

Was ANY testing done on the patch, or was some code just splurged into the editor then the patch fired out?

I hope the 'team' rocket is overseeing on the development of the standalone are more competent at coding and he's just giving them ideas, since he seems to have sort of the right ones for this game.

• Like 18

I keep spawning on the fucking coast with all my shit, keep having to run back to the airfiled. i have had it with this game.

• Like 3

TEAM ROCKET'S BLASTING OFF AGAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIINNN

• Like 30

He said he was going to do a full patch, but people complained that they wanted a hotfix. So he had to rush things and now we are at this point where the game got rushed cause people can not stop agruing

• Like 24

Guys, understand this. The game just announced it's going stand alone. They say that the mod will still be patched and progress, but they don't give two shits about the mod anymore. The second the game is fairly playable, meaning of course very few game breaking bugs, they'll completely drop the mod from development and focus on the stand alone. Which in my opinion isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Edited by BunnyHillPro
  • Like 6

Hahaha these threads just crack me up every time. It's an alpha. Rocket is one man. Don't like it? Don't play it and don't bitch about it.

I just love how these little kids think they know the first thing about making a real game. Try it yourself then come back to me.

And before you ask, I do know what I'm talking about as I am an experienced programmer.

Edited by CaptainIcy
  • Like 17

Yea screw this, I mean they've got a whole massive team dedicated to DayZ, there should be no problem whatsoever in rolling out as many patches as needed. I payed good money to play this mod!

Wait a minute...

• Like 16

Can we get either a monkey or double Picard face palm up in here? I'm tired.

• Like 4

And now you know why most software companies never announce a release date for anything. Rocket should do the same.

• Like 2

Yeah, the usual 'its alpha replies', which I'm sure we'll hear when the standalone is released.

Why even roll out a patch that isn't tested in the slightest?

I'd bet money he adds dogs into the game before fixing the graphical glitches, wait and see.

He's trolling us.

• Like 1

For everybody that's saying: This is just too much! the game is broken it's unplayable. Then don't play it! Find another game to play, and come back to DayZ when it's standalone and out of alpha. Or don't come back, whatever you prefer

• Like 2

Hahaha these threads just crack me up every time. It's an alpha. Rocket is one man. Don't like it? Don't play it and don't bitch about it.

I just love how these little kids think they know the first thing about making a real game. Try it yourself then come back to me.

And before you ask, I do know what I'm talking about as I am an experienced programmer.

If you're an experienced programmer then you'd know that when introducing a patch, first you test it to see if there are any game breaking/major problems with it.

Yea screw this, I mean they've got a whole massive team dedicated to DayZ, there should be no problem whatsoever in rolling out as many patches as needed. I payed good money to play this mod!

Wait a minute...

Pay/lack of team members does not excuse a chitty patch.

late but stable patch >>>> early release of a unstable patch

Edited by shreddedrocks
  • Like 1

I dont understand why you are so mad, as for me It only takes now max 3 min for me to log in, and I have a pretty decent pc, and I dont have seen any graphical glitches yet, so I think you just need a better pc maybe?

• Like 1

Furthermore from what I said in my above post, this IS an alpha and you may have paid for Arma 2 Combined Ops, but you did not pay anything for the alpha version of a mod for Arma 2. An alpha is just a testing phase. There are bound to be all kinds of crazy glitches and it is not at all considered a working game yet. Get it? I doubt it, but it can't hurt to try.

• Like 2

Remember. Three choices.

Endure, enjoy, walk.

Good day, sir.

• Like 4

Can we get either a monkey or double Picard face palm up in here? I'm tired.

Can we get one competent coder on the DayZ dev team or at least one person who tests patches before they're released?

Seriously, I'll do it myself, it'll take me 1 hour max to walk around and see if dead military zombies or barb wire is still causing glitches.

I'm up for it.

Does the 'dayz forum team' do anything except post sarcastic remarks on threads that criticise rocket?

Edited by TheMachine
  • Like 6

Really?

i

mean

you

didnt

pay

shit

for

this

game

or

the

use

of

the

forums.

cheers

for

wasting

my

time

i

hope

i

wasted

yours.

• Like 1

Yeah, the usual 'its alpha replies', which I'm sure we'll hear when the standalone is released.

Why even roll out a patch that isn't tested in the slightest?

I'd bet money he adds dogs into the game before fixing the graphical glitches, wait and see.

He's trolling us.

Its an alpha. Learn what an alpha is.

Probably since it's going to be released in the alpha phase.

Good thing you got the "alpha" out of the way. I am also wondering why oh why it isn't working properly as a final version. :P

Until now I haven't experienced the spawn bug. The loading time has improved for me. As for the graphical glitches.,that one I did experience. My solution: I changed the server and the glitches were gone.

• Like 1