TheMachine

Totally lost any faith I had in Rocket/dev team

Can we get either a monkey or double Picard face palm up in here? I'm tired.

Wish granted!

877144-mega-facepalm-super.jpg

Edited by dreekje

My first post was a generalization of some fairly harmless things to call people. I wasn't directly attacking anyone, and making it personal. I can't help it if someone felt they were in that category and had to rebut based on emotional discourse... resulting in a personal attack that I simply defended myself from by stating facts.... only then to have my integrity questioned, then dragged through an interrogation process where every tiny thing I said was nit-picked until it was sub-microscopic until a flaw could be found.... all of which amounts to me calling someone a fanboy? HOLY FUCK!

Can we agree that I didn't deserve to be treated like a piece of shit, for saying that? Or is that the final basis for this entire bullshit argument?

~Sol

I was wrong to say you dont know what an alpha is. You obviously do, and I jumped the gun on that.

A better, proper argument would have been to point out that the patch was in fact being released for testing purposes. As per what Rocket acutally said in the thread where he released the patch.

I was wrong to say you dont know what an alpha is. You obviously do, and I jumped the gun on that.

A better, proper argument would have been to point out that the patch was in fact being released for testing purposes. As per what Rocket acutally said in the thread where he released the patch.

Hindsight is always 20/20 they say...

I honestly just wish he'd wrap this DayZ mod thing up, and get on with the real deal.... stop adding more broken ass stuff, and just fix it up enough that it's reliable... I honestly want to see where standalone ends up rather than wasting more time here.

~Sol

Good lord the fanboy is strong in this thread.

I'm with Machine on this mess. I love how programmers come out of the wood work to tell OP that this is an Alpha and he needs to know how Alphas work...

Then you have the fanboys that support this game no matter what happens. This came could be bugged out to the point of crawling only, pistols only, with no ability to carry a pack, and they would still scream at people who have a problem with the development....unreal.

I've alpha/beta tested before, I know "WHY" we are here, but never, EVER, in my history of testing, have I seen new patches do more damage with each release than they fix. I'm not sure how you "elite" programmers do shit, but if this is normal, stay away from the shit I use and leave the programming to the guys who have their big boy pants on.

Pretty sure I saw the same shit go down on the Diablo 3 forums and that game is complete shit.

And for everyone throwing around Rocket lingo, I'll use his words as well, because I think I remember him saying that these threads need both kinds of people.

So yeah...

SwjKh.gif

• Like 1

@OP Rolling out a patch prior to testing, in Alpha... I'm not sure you understand the term 'Alpha'.

I wonder why Bohemia Interactive hasn't set up a Dayz development team and some community managers who get actually paid. I mean if that counter on the website is remotely representing the sales, they have earned millions at this point and they should invest at least parts of it in the development of the current mod. Of course it is not their duty but I would be disappointed if they don't.

My 3d engine, is for a game, not for anything else. It will function solely as a game. Fuck me sideways if I didn't go into the juicy details of what I was talking about. It's irrelevant!

Also, your definition of game only defines games as made by the industry so far. Many MANY game ideas do not have a start or finish... like mine. Everything thinks DayZ is so "revolutionary" with it's open world sandbox style game play... I had that idea 15 years ago. My idea will far supersede anything that DayZ has shown us so far, but again, irrelevant!

~Sol

Got a release date for that? :rolleyes:

Edited by dale0404

2weeks isn't nothing, you obviously haven't played other mmo's.

I'm amazed that he even does work<3

Rocket, keep it going bro^^

Got a release date for that? :rolleyes:

Hoping to have a public alpha available by the end of the year.

Also, just FYI... it's not hard to supersede what DayZ mod has done, since it's core mechanics I can count on one hand. DayZ standalone may be another story...

~Sol

Edited by Sol

It's an alpha mod. You can't expect the same from a mod than from a "real" game.

All those CoD kiddies don't know what mods are so they expect the same kind of "quality" from mods.

I wonder why Bohemia Interactive hasn't set up a Dayz development team and some community managers who get actually paid. I mean if that counter on the website is remotely representing the sales, they have earned millions at this point and they should invest at least parts of it in the development of the current mod. Of course it is not their duty but I would be disappointed if they don't.

They will eventually but the standalone has just been announced. The homepage isn't even ready yet. Besides I am sure they want to invest in the standalone than in the mod which belongs to rocket as far as I know. Don't know how it is now but before rocket was working on the mod on his own and not on orders of BI. He was doing it before actually joining the company. They have noticed the spikes in Arma II sales and that's why we are getting a standalone.

Sol, you told me you'd show me some stuff if I'd like and I agreed, where is it? I'm interested in following your project. Do you have a blog or anything that you keep your "fans" or friends updated? Perhaps since you're going to release your ALPHA by the end of the year (hopefully as you put it, iirc?) you should start working on getting a following. You've talked it up quite a bit, and regardless of how I feel about you, I love me a good zombie game. So let me know how to keep informed.

Thanks