TheMachine

Totally lost any faith I had in Rocket/dev team

( C ) I made all 250 of these posts in about 3 days... again, what's your point?

Member since the 10th of may, yet only decides to post in the last 3 days?

Funny

You do realize, that the purpose of playing in an alpha, is to test the patches when they come out? And not to have every patch fully tested before being released?

I mean, they use animal animations for the zombies lol.

They don't use animal animation for zombies but animal AI.

I can't believe this thread has remained open for so long. Mine get closed much sooner. I am satisfied with what is being done with this mod. I am looking forward to playing the stand-alone. I suggest you all stop calling each other names and show your support or not, the only way we really have, by buying it or not. I also suggest that everyone who plays this game every day (like I do) offer to make a donation to a 'Beer and Whores' fund for Rocket. I will make a donation to that. I am not sure how this could be done as I am morally opposed to PayPal. The guy is living in Prague FFS. Give Rocket beer and whores!

Conclusion: I don't have to prove shit you mate, this is the "DayZ discussion board", not the "Sol's life discussion board" :) Also, I don't fucking care what you think ;) Hugs anyway.

~Sol

You see me trollin'

you hatin'

I'm lol'n

expressin all your rage with qwerty

• Like 1

Can we get one competent coder on the DayZ dev team or at least one person who tests patches before they're released?

Seriously, I'll do it myself, it'll take me 1 hour max to walk around and see if dead military zombies or barb wire is still causing glitches.

I'm up for it.

Does the 'dayz forum team' do anything except post sarcastic remarks on threads that criticise rocket?

Not that I don't agree slightly, that as the number of servers increase and player numbers (seem) to be dwindling due to tackers and graphical glitches, that this issue needs a little serious work (and I believe that it already is getting serious thought on the hacker side of things).

However, as usual for the OPs standard of posts, he exhibits a glaring lack of knowledge about anything game development related.

You, on your machine, running up and checking the glitches occur or not will not prove a thing. One of the main challenges to game dev are the huge variation of platforms the software must run on. Think of all the hardware and driver combinations it must work with.

In terms you can understand OP, my machine and your machine do not display the same pictures despite running the same software.

Member since the 10th of may, yet only decides to post in the last 3 days?

Funny

Never heard of lurking?

I never said I didn't post at all... but the majority of the posts has been in the last 3-4 days of me posting (excluding the days where I haven't posted at all, since I've been busy with other things).

Why do you even give a shit? Does it make you have bigger erections when you nose around in shit that doesn't even concern you? I'm genuinely interested in your reason.

They don't use animal animation for zombies but animal AI.

Yes, this. The animations are all custom made, and quite well done I might add.

You see me trollin'

you hatin'

I'm lol'n

expressin all your rage with qwerty

Cool story brobro.

Props for the astoundingly awesome counter-argument by the way.

~Sol

Edited by Sol

Never heard of lurking?

I never said I didn't post at all... but the majority of the posts has been in the last 3-4 days of me posting (excluding the days where I haven't posted at all, since I've been busy with other things).

Why do you even give a shit? Does it make you have bigger erections when you nose around in shit that doesn't even concern you? I'm genuinely interested in your reason.

Yes, this. The animations are all custom made, and quite well done I might add.

Cool story brobro.

Props for the astoundingly awesome counter-argument by the way.

~Sol

Sol, I was just trollin you a bit for the rage. I don't really know if your a dev I just didnt want your rage to burn out because I found it amusing. You need to get out and fuck something. will help your nerves I think. Or you could just follow sudZ directions in my sig. He has it all figured out.

Never heard of lurking?

First off, I dunno about "make you have bigger erections", but it sure does help me keep nice n' strong for those long periods.

My reasoning is that I'm always happy to question a seemingly pretentious individual such as yourself.

How does it not involve me? It involves anyone who takes the time to read and attain opinion.

This is the "DayZ discussion board" after all... right?

Sol, I was just trollin you a bit for the rage. I don't really know if your a dev I just didnt want your rage to burn out because I found it amusing. You need to get out and fuck something. will help your nerves I think. Or you could just follow sudZ directions in my sig. He has it all figured out.

I'm married dude... like that's going to happen >.>

~Sol

I'm married dude... like that's going to happen >.>

~Sol

For someone so intelligent the redundancy of putting ~Sol at the end of every post makes you like quite retarded.

• Like 1

For someone so intelligent the redundancy of putting ~Sol at the end of every post makes you like quite retarded.

Commenting about it makes you look like a dickhead :)

~Sol

Commenting about it makes you look like a dickhead :)

~Sol

Looking like a dickhead is a quite a little bit better than being one mate :)

• Like 1

Looking like a dickhead is a quite a little bit better than being one mate :)

So, signing my name is being a dickhead, but getting upset because someone signs their name, isn't.

Your logic is undeniable.

~Sol

Looks actually good and closed beta? They for sure know how to spare themselves from some pain in the ass. Still I hope the DayZ standalone gets fast on its way so they can beat WarZ. Although I am going to check WarZ out if I have a chance.

Edited by bankst3r

If I remember correctly, there was a way to run both versions, rollback!

I just have an @DayZ5 and @DayZ4 in my directory. Depending on which version I want to start up, I just remove the appropriate number. Easy.

It's in alpha and free. I just don't understand how people always seem to complain. The game isn't even that buggy. If you die it's your fault.

People just don't understand alpha at all.

And suggesting the dev team aren't testing stuff is patently ridiculous. They close test each patch before release finding what issues they can.

But a small closed test is VERY different to releasing it on a system with 1,000,000 registered users and 200k concurrent users.

This is why most companies do Alpha in house, and closed Beta tests because people just aren't cut out for this stuff. Everyone( well a majority) perceives this as a finished game with issues, NOT as an unfinished game they are testing.

This is obvious from the blind sense of entitlement they all display in their demands and cries of outrage.

Edit: On the other side of the coin, Rocket gets to see how features work with a huge test sample or real players, which in the end SHOULD create a better game.

Edited by Strategos
  • Like 2

So, signing my name is being a dickhead, but getting upset because someone signs their name, isn't.

Your logic is undeniable.

~Sol

Correct. Not quite as stupid as I first thought. Although, you are still suffering from false self-importance so you are indeed still a dickhead.

You don't seem to understand what it takes to fix software. You can't put an ETA on it.

You don't seem to understand how to manage a project or what an estimation is and what it is for.

• Like 1

It's in alpha and free. I just don't understand how people always seem to complain. The game isn't even that buggy. If you die it's your fault.

And that's the problem. It should have been a closed alpha but that would have gone against the goals of the mod and it is also just a mod not a game. They (rocket) wanted to prove this concept can work as a stand alone game. Therefore they needed the numbers and they got more than they wished for. I don't think you'll find many actual games with an open alpha.

Honestly, I think they should completely stop the development of the mod aside from a little bug fixing and concentrate on the actual game but they can't do that now with such a large userbase. If they would do that this could backfire.