SoulShaper2

How many people have the "Hero" skin? and do i have it?

So i've seen a lot of people complaining about the bandit skin, i mean A LOT of it, and i've seen it in game, but how many people have seen the hero skin? how many people have it?

I've been playing for 5 months with only 7 player kills, some bandit. I've also healed a lot of people during that time and i believe i actually have the hero skin as i logged in and saw someone i was healing with the bandit head scarf and when he asked me where i got my skin did i look and notice, i was wearing an awesome skin, not survivor, not camo but this sort of skin that show'd you had been in a zombie apocolyspe a while.

Walking boots off the soldiers in Arma, Jeans, Knee pads, checkerd workers jacket with the sleeves rolled up, fingerless gloves, awesome jacket that had no sleeves that had a radio etc and a strap around you leg for gear and then a cool scarf around your NECK, not head :P

anyone else got this?

We're going to need to see some evidence here, sir...

Edited by n00bsause

Yep, thats the Hero skin, I have it aswell. wondering what will happen when you reach 5000 for the second time.. Probably nothing, but who knows! (does anyone actually know?)

Also a note, the hero skins gives you a nice looking kevlar flak jacket too, doesnt have any effect but looks cool

You should take a screenshot and upload it so the people who have never seen a hero skin could see it....

Thats the ''hero skin'' on my friend sitting down and i crouching. :)

Hot damn your game looks terrible.

Interesting that bandit/hero skins are back, I wasn't aware they were making a return yet... these were implemented in 1.7.2.5?

• Like 1

Hot damn your game looks terrible.

Interesting that bandit/hero skins are back, I wasn't aware they were making a return yet... these were implemented in 1.7.2.5?

from my stats, or my graphics? :P the screenshot looks really bad compared to the in-game graphics, and my stats were reset when i reached my 5000 humanity. oh, well. :)

So how does one acquire the "Hero" skin?

You reach a humanity level of 5000 or above. You gain humanity by giving bloodtransfusions, bandaging others etc. not sure if killing bandits would raise or decrease your humanity level though..

I was talking strictly graphics... everything is really blurry.

I suppose you don't have the paid versions of PMC and BAF. :)

Anybody got a shot of the bandit skin? Is it the same/similar to the old one?

Edited by Ezkaton

I was talking strictly graphics... everything is really blurry.

I suppose you don't have the paid versions of PMC and BAF. :)

i really have no idea what that is, so i suppose i dont. :) took the screenie with steam, i dont know why its so shitty. going to try again tomorrow for som better shots if anyone is interested.

• Like 1

Do we have any numerical values on what effects your humanity? And how do the bandit/hero skins interact with Camo or Wookie suits?

Do we have any numerical values on what effects your humanity? And how do the bandit/hero skins interact with Camo or Wookie suits?

bandage/give paikillers to another player = 20

blood transfusion = 150

morphine was about 150 i think, but im not sure about that one. I dont know about killing bandits/survivers either.

EDIT:

oh yeah, and the skins do not affect the camo/bush suits. i reached 5000 with my camo on, and nothing happened. when i switched to my normal surviver skin, i looked like that screenie. reset my stats though, but thats it.

Edited by TobiWanKanobi

The Hero skin replaces your civilian clothing, so if you have gillie suit or something you can switch between the two..

It is also notable that the hero skin doesn't go away when you die,..

• Like 1

i really have no idea what that is, so i suppose i dont. :) took the screenie with steam, i dont know why its so shitty. going to try again tomorrow for som better shots if anyone is interested.

PMC (Private Military Company) and BAF (British Armed Forces) are expansions for Operation Arrowhead.

Most (if not all?) of the player skins in DayZ are from them... if you don't have the paid versions, you get the free, low-resolution (blur-o-vision!) texture versions.

Compare the camo skins you've seen to this... a shot I took the other day of myself and a friend. :)

Resized to 60% of original:

arma2oa2012080818280091.jpg

Edited by Ezkaton
  • Like 1

PMC (Private Military Company) and BAF (British Armed Forces) are expansions for Operation Arrowhead.

Most (if not all?) of the player skins in DayZ are from them... if you don't have the paid versions, you get the free, low-resolution (blur-o-vision!) texture versions.

Compare the camo skins you've seen to this... a shot I took the other day of myself and a friend. :)

Resized to 60% of original:

arma2oa2012080818280091.jpg

wow, that looks amazing! would totally buy* these, but with the news on the standalone game and an early alpha price, i think i can control myself. Maybe.

Edited by TobiWanKanobi

Yeah it's much, much nicer than the free version textures.

I see lots of people complaining about the graphics on DayZ... mostly newcomers to the ARMA series too, I imagine.

I always think to myself "What the hell are they talking about? The game looks pretty great maxed out in a high resolution..."

Then I remember there's now free versions of ARMA II / BAF / PMC with horrible textures, combined with a lot of people using low end or mid range PCs. It's no wonder they think it's terrible. :P

All good, though... if the standalone isn't due out for quite some time it may still be worthwhile to grab the paid versions if you see them on special on Steam at some point.

Moreso if you end up playing or enjoying the standard ARMA II / OA games. As BAF and PMC have their own campaigns and single missions, etc.

• Like 2

Yeah, im not sure that i can keep my hands away from them aswell. And dont think im complaining, i love the graphics as it is now, im playing on a laptop, so i am not really expecting much. :)

Anyone want me to upload a picture of the Hero skin but with the DLC texture so its better? or has everyone got the idea yet =P

Also do you actually think this will stop the KOS? i doubt it, but im gonna keep the Hero skin instead of the Ghillie i have just cos it shows how much of a medic i've been :P

• Like 1

Anyone want me to upload a picture of the Hero skin but with the DLC texture so its better? or has everyone got the idea yet =P

Also do you actually think this will stop the KOS? i doubt it, but im gonna keep the Hero skin instead of the Ghillie i have just cos it shows how much of a medic i've been :P

If the hero skin stays with you even if you are dead and respawn then I could imagine it will have an effect on KOS. Many players are KOSing because of the fear to get killed if they do otherwise. But those who are doing it for the fun of it or just because they want be bandits won't bother except if they want to have the hero skin.

So the only way to get a hero skin is to bandage others and give them blood? Sucks to be a lonewolf.

Edited by bankst3r

So the only way to get a hero skin is to bandage others and give them blood? Sucks to be a lonewolf.

How does it? I'm a medic, lonewolf, healed over a 100 players, 41 since i started counting and became an official medic. Yeah you get killed by assholes that are bored or rob you.

But never been killed by a patient, yet.

If the hero skin stays with you even if you are dead and respawn then I could imagine it will have an effect on KOS. Many players are KOSing because of the fear to get killed if they do otherwise. But those who are doing it for the fun of it or just because they want be bandits won't bother except if they want to have the hero skin.

well, you arent exactly a hero if you are just by yourself, or am i missing something? you steadily gain humanity over time, if i am not mistaken.