Sign in to follow this  
SGT.Beast

No one up north! WHYYYYYYY?!

So lately me and a friend have been doing loot runs in stary and NW Airfield, we have been on servers with 30-50 players on them and not seen a single player. We usually play on the same server but after a long day of looting on a 40 man server and no contact with people in either stary or NW Airfield the server restarted and we went to another one of our nice servers. Sadly we did not encounter anyone on our runs from stary to NWA on that server either... Are all the players just laying in cherno or elektro sniping right now ? !

This could also just be me, but this post is just out there to see if anyone has had the same experience.

Oh and about the longish post

post-54619-0-57457400-1344722174_thumb.j

Everyone's scared anymore. Me and a buddy have been going back and fourth between the NW airfield and stary as well, and have come across not 1 other player.

• Like 2

A major contributor of the lack of players in these areas is the graphical artifact glitches the majority of the playerbase is currently dealing with.

I have made a run from stary to NWAF, and did another with a buddy of mine on two mid-pop servers, I even lit up a ton of zeds in stary cuz I couldn't see them and aggroed them (stupid artifacts) and didn't run into a soul. I suppose hearing a full auto rampage would be enough to scare off some people, though.

Edited by Ipurgepeople

You don't go North to find players, you go there to find tents, vehciles and loot

Yep artifacting is keeping most out of the area as you cant play with them.

Most players are spawning on the coast / Getting graphic glitch's there.

Also, hackers generally kill players before they get off the coast. The hacking problem took a turn for the worse :( a few days ago with a undetectable hack that's free.

• Like 1

I have been on many servers driving vehicles along the coast roads SEARCHING for people to give gear to and have found no one. Conversely I was up in the far northwest corner one day and heard a vehicle but never saw it or the person/people driving it. The closest I came most recently to seeing someone NOT in the group I was with; was on US 870 (before name change) and seeing a bus driving down by Guglovo and when I went to take a look at the driver and the bus to decide if I should sit tight and take a shot or sit tight and not be seen I dropped a grenade when I thought I was pulling up my DMR scope and ended up loosing about 6k blood and the game going ghostly white till I got a transfusion. That was 3 weeks ago with 15 people on a night time rotation in the server and since then with at least double that I have seen no one. Seen lots of dead bodies but haven't seen the killers.

me and my group have also been doing runs to the NWAF and stary. we have seen about 3 people and that was when the server was higly populated. they shot at our helo :D. when me and a friend made our way to the airfield after insertion we saw 1 guy, i took him out with my DMR. my firend went to the north-barracks while i was on sniper support. i got shot at and passed out my friend drew the snipers fire and pinned him down to get me out (the other sniper was sitting ontop of the firestation tower's roof, he got killed by someone shortly after). Then we made our way back to the field behind the airfield and waited until our friend was circling over with our helo. we popped smoke and got out just in time, beucase someone was shooting at us again, this time with an ak. So no. we have seen quite a lot of people on the airfield in the past few days. noone in stary tho :/ and even if we ave graphics glithes we go there. we just restart the game after we land (or press SHIFT and - (on the numpad) and the type flush, sometimes that helps)

Most players are spawning on the coast / Getting graphic glitch's there.

Also, hackers generally kill players before they get off the coast. The hacking problem took a turn for the worse :( a few days ago with a undetectable hack that's free.

Has anyone suggested that the hacking plague may be the work of a certain other development company in preparation for their own release? If not, I call that paranoid fantasy

Three reasons why you're not seeing anyone up north:

1. Graphical artifacts

2. Hackers

3. Logging in at coast bug (why I'm not currently up north)

Edited by CyberTyrant

Three reasons why you're not seeing anyone up north:

1. Graphical artifacts

2. Hackers

3. Logging in at coast bug (why I'm not currently up north)

What i thought aswell, i hope they get it fixed soon. Thanks for the response!

It's funny, because I've been playing on low pop servers as of late and all of the players are up north.

But no one can be found for me on high-pop servers up at those places.

I live up north. There's a downside in the form of murderous bushes with automatic weapons that comes with hanging out by the airfield though.

You don't go North to find players, you go there to find tents, vehciles and loot

Well i don't go south with my gear since i think its unfair to the lower geared players. I just look to fight players with the same gear level as me, typically what you are surposed to see in the north. Sadly because of spawning in the coast and douchebaggery ive heard most players just spawn snipe freshspawns :(
  • Like 1

It's funny, because I've been playing on low pop servers as of late and all of the players are up north.

But no one can be found for me on high-pop servers up at those places.

Yeah what i have experienced aswell, might consider to only play on low pop servers from now on. Thanks for the response!