domistyle

DaRT - A Lightweight DayZ (and ArmA) RCon Tool (v2.1 | 11/10/2015)

Is there anyway that the next update that our names can be longer when it comes up in the chat. For example I want my name to be "Foxtrot" but I cant put that in because it only allows 5 letters right now.

Is there anyway that the next update that our names can be longer when it comes up in the chat. For example I want my name to be "Foxtrot" but I cant put that in because it only allows 5 letters right now.

Yes, it isn't supposed to be so low, sorry.

Gotta say, 5 characters is enough for rough identification. If my name was "Foxtrot", I'd identify myself with "Fox". You've got to keep in mind that the name is part of the limited message.

DaRT has been working pretty well for the last couple of weeks. The comment function is extraordinarily useful as it provides me with a way of permanently marking players as good or bad and taking notes on things they have done without having to ban them or write down GUID and name in a separate file which I wouldn't do anyway because I'm lazy. We've now coupled it with BEC and this combination makes admin'ing far easier.

Some questions:

1) Is it possible for an automated routine to separate the chat text message from name and all other chat related information? For instance:

[2013-08-14 | 14:46:19]  (Side) Player:        this is my chat msg lol

This would improve readability even further, especially with different player name sizes.

2) Can we get a Chat / Console hybrid? I would want a chat with connect / disconnect messages marked in a different colour.

3) Those in-game messages about killing someone, are they sent to the log? Is there a way of showing them in DaRT?

Edit: Small and rather irrelevant bug with the comment system. When a player joins, the GUID is not known until he has connected. DaRT shows a comment associated with another player for the time the player is connecting. Which incidentally on my system is "Troublemaker." So everyone joining will be displayed as "Troublemaker." until the GUID is known and DaRT loads the appropriate comment for that GUID. =)

Edited by irrelevantaccounthere

Gotta say, 5 characters is enough for rough identification. If my name was "Foxtrot", I'd identify myself with "Fox". You've got to keep in mind that the name is part of the limited message.

The reason why I was asking this is because I help run a server that players are on 24/7 and there are a lot of names that are the same or very close. My normal name on servers is "Foxtrot" but when I'm playing as a admin it is "[sAS] Foxtrot" and I would like to use that in this very useful rcon tool. Some examples of the other admins and mods have names like "Personality", "Vespah", and "EvilBetrayer" etc. I'm not complaining here just making a simple suggestion that I thought would be a good idea for the update.

Edited by Foxtrot5282

First of all, Great work on this program :) 

Now to my concern, I am always getting the error when connecting to my ARMA server:

Ban request timed out (Server didn't respond)

My banlist is 874 kb large, which is partly from a public banlist.

Is this a bug that is being fixed?

First of all, Great work on this program :)

Now to my concern, I am always getting the error when connecting to my ARMA server:

Ban request timed out (Server didn't respond)

My banlist is 874 kb large, which is partly from a public banlist.

Is this a bug that is being fixed?

It's a bug with BattlEye.

The only thing I can do is a Ban Relay Server.

You can download the BRS here.

Installation instruction is in the archive but you need to be able to access the server files and execute files on there.

After you installed BRS on your server you can activate it in the DaRT settings.

hey there, i just downloaded that, seems like the last update was from 2012. I'm using it on my 1.7.7.1, and it seems working fine. But some actions i cannot do, any new updates for this tool?

For example, when players chat on side chat, i cannot see it on my dart window but when i message as admin global chat, i can see the message in game. I wanted to communicate with players using this tool, i'm assuming its because of its outdated or am i doing it wrong? Also, can i see direct chat or vehicle chat of different players throughout the map? Or just on side chat?

hey there, i just downloaded that, seems like the last update was from 2012. I'm using it on my 1.7.7.1, and it seems working fine. But some actions i cannot do, any new updates for this tool?

For example, when players chat on side chat, i cannot see it on my dart window but when i message as admin global chat, i can see the message in game. I wanted to communicate with players using this tool, i'm assuming its because of its outdated or am i doing it wrong? Also, can i see direct chat or vehicle chat of different players throughout the map? Or just on side chat?

The latest version is v1.0.1 from 26/06/2013.

There are some problems which will be fixed in the next version.

I am still working on it but I do not have that much time at the moment which slows down the progress alot.

I use DaRT, and I was wondering how do you send private messages to players in game? Or even if you can? Any amount of help would be amazing. Thank you. P.S. I love this thing so helpful.

I use DaRT, and I was wondering how do you send private messages to players in game? Or even if you can? Any amount of help would be amazing. Thank you. P.S. I love this thing so helpful.

Rightclick a player and select "Message".

• Like 1

At the Moment we experience some Problems with the flags tool. It Shows wrong flags and countrys - it is also very slow on update the flags. Any way to fix this?

Greets

Hi Domi,

If you don't mind would you send me an email with your skype address please, i have some things i would like to chat to you about.

my email is cortez@epm-gaming.co.uk

Thanks

At the Moment we experience some Problems with the flags tool. It Shows wrong flags and countrys - it is also very slow on update the flags. Any way to fix this?

Greets

Does it happen after time or always as soon as you start it?

Do you have the player database enabled?

Hi DomiStyle,

First off let me give a very big thankyou for writing and developing this tool. It's so far been the best, most featured and stable RCON I've used for ARMA 2 so far :) Just a few questions about the application (if they've already been answered, I apologise for wasting your time).

1) Is the "show remoteexec.log" e.t.c function dependent on the configuration of the filters on the server? I notice there is mention of having to enable an RCON output line (using 2 "whateveryouwantshowninrcon"). Is there any other way to pull this information using RCON? Obviously on DayZ Origins servers we don't have the option due to the lockdown of access by GamersPlatoon.

2) Is there a way that we can improve the behaviour of the reconnect after a server restart? Can we manually change the reconnect timer? If we know the average time until BEC shutdown and startup, we can configure the client accordingly so we have seamless reporting of server happenings :)

I realise that the tool works primarily off the information gleaned from RCON, so I understand if these functions are not possible :)

Cheers!

My DART has decided to stop reconnecting to my server after the server restarts.

This all happened after I formatted the server to reinstall everything, has DART been updated or something? I can't find anything that has changed on my server yet DART refuses to reconnect after a server restart unless I do it manually. It always used to reconnect before I reinstalled it. 

Edited by seaweed

I just wanted to say thanks to the DarT developer.  Your tool is great and the ban list is blocking the dregs from joining our server.  I get at least a hit every hour or so.  Many thanks!!!!

Hi DomiStyle,

First off let me give a very big thankyou for writing and developing this tool. It's so far been the best, most featured and stable RCON I've used for ARMA 2 so far :) Just a few questions about the application (if they've already been answered, I apologise for wasting your time).

1) Is the "show remoteexec.log" e.t.c function dependent on the configuration of the filters on the server? I notice there is mention of having to enable an RCON output line (using 2 "whateveryouwantshowninrcon"). Is there any other way to pull this information using RCON? Obviously on DayZ Origins servers we don't have the option due to the lockdown of access by GamersPlatoon.

2) Is there a way that we can improve the behaviour of the reconnect after a server restart? Can we manually change the reconnect timer? If we know the average time until BEC shutdown and startup, we can configure the client accordingly so we have seamless reporting of server happenings :)

I realise that the tool works primarily off the information gleaned from RCON, so I understand if these functions are not possible :)

Cheers!

1) Yes, it is.

I do not recommend streaming your filters via RCon though.

Every entry with a 2 in front of any entry will be shown in DaRT.

2) I will look into this for the next version.

I removed all reconnect mechanisms since last time I checked BattleNET did it by itself.

You probably won't receive any reconnect message but you still should be reconnected after a restart, try sending a command after the restart and check if it works.

My DART has decided to stop reconnecting to my server after the server restarts.

This all happened after I formatted the server to reinstall everything, has DART been updated or something? I can't find anything that has changed on my server yet DART refuses to reconnect after a server restart unless I do it manually. It always used to reconnect before I reinstalled it. 

See above.

I just wanted to say thanks to the DarT developer.  Your tool is great and the ban list is blocking the dregs from joining our server.  I get at least a hit every hour or so.  Many thanks!!!!

Nice to hear.

Hello,  i;m New on the forums :3

I have been using your RCon tool for a long time now and have been very happy with it!

There is just one problem, all of a sudden it is no longer showing or logging any player chat. (Side,Direct,Vehicle) i have checked the settings and have All chats ENABLED. The only thing that will show up is the player list and any join/ disconnect messages.

I have tried reinstalling the tool several times.

It is very frustrating not to be able to see any player chat and i was wondering whether you may have an idea on how to fix this issue?

Have already opened a thread on the forums about this but without any fixes.

Thanks for reading,

Marko

PS. writing this here as i wasn't able to send you a PM

ec786a3aeb80b6118fa6a9db12815f4b -1 Banned by DaRTBans (DaRT)

i've been removed from the kat database and i think it's a mis understanding, could i be taken off

ec786a3aeb80b6118fa6a9db12815f4b -1 Banned by DaRTBans (DaRT)

i've been removed from the kat database and i think it's a mis understanding, could i be taken off

Unbanned.

There is just one problem, all of a sudden it is no longer showing or logging any player chat. (Side,Direct,Vehicle) i have checked the settings and have All chats ENABLED. The only thing that will show up is the player list and any join/ disconnect messages.

I have the same issue.  I can see my own Admin chats that I send from DaRT, but no other chats from of the players in the game.  I've got all of the types of chats checked to "show" in the settings screen.

No luck.

Ideas?

Edited by Eurastus

when a admin is logged in and we change the rcon Password the admin is still logged in; we can restart the server or reinstall ist, the (in this case abusive admin) ist still in. Any way to kick him from Dart? seems as long he doenst press disconnet which he never will causehe is a adhs script kiitty who only wants to harm others, is is always in admin command and kill our server. 

Any Idea?