Sign in to follow this  
MrMarinac

What is Humanity?

From what I heard we're still working on pre-1.5.8 humanity.

So you lose X humanity + Y * shots taken to kill for every murder (shotgun pellets = more shots per shell fired)

You gain Z humanity over time until you reach 2500 humanity. Regenerating humanity stops at this point.

If you ever drop below 0, you gain a bandit skin. You have to go back to 2000 before you lose your bandit skin and get your survivor skin back.

Additionally, if you're over 5000 humanity you get a hero skin.

Bandaging someone restores 20 humanity. Bloodbagging someone restores 150.

So if you kill one person, the minimum humanity you lose looks like 2500. It would take you using 100 bandages or 14 blood packs on other players to recover from that humanity loss and get your survivor skin back.

If you look at how long the bandage animation is (5 seconds?), we're talking at least 8 minutes and 20 seconds of doing nothing but applying 100 bandages in a row just to recover from the one person you killed.

On the other hand, it looks like humanity recharges over time until you reach 2500 humanity at a rate of 150 every ten minutes. So it would technically take 2 hours and 20 minutes without a murder to recover from the one you committed...minimum.

A bandit who has killed 5 people has to go for 7 hours of gametime without killing anyone at minimum before they get back their survivor skin. Or use 500 bandages. Or 70 blood packs.

Some interesting details there. It doesn't look like banditry is a system that is easily manipulated, since it slows people who don't want to be called bandits to one kill every few hours. It also explains why people have such ridiculously high murder counts -- they must have spent all of their time doing nothing but killing people.

I like the concept, but not sure about the implementation. As an example, a friend of mine who just started was running through Elektro, unarmed, and trying to gear up as myself and another mutual friend were heading south from further in the map. He was attacked, and killed by two other survivors in the church and he identified them. (tags are on on my server) So he respawns and gets lucky, spawning just east of elektro and tries to sneak back in. Right as this happens, my friend and I come up on the northern fire station and notice two survivors running up onto sniper hill. Surprise surprise, its the two that just killed my completely unarmed friend. So we split up, I flank around to the north and come at them from behind as my friend keeps them occupied with his M16A4 ACOG from the front.

I take them out, and get two murders - and take a 5000 point hit to my humanity. Now usually I would attempt to engage them in conversation but because my friend, who they had just brutally slaughtered in Elektro, varified their names I didn't bother - they were bandits in the making. One attempted to Alt F4 but took two NATO rounds to the head, the other was pretty much caught with his pants down.

The problem I have with this is that its not accurate enough. It was clear to me (and my friends) that these two were cold blooded murderers but to the game they were just not quite there, so when retribution was given, someone who is not a murderer was punished.

Not to mention that its unclear how murders are handed out. If two people go in swinging their axes at someone, do they both get murder counts? Or is it only the person who had the killing blow?

i got -72, 000 karma but i didnt kill anyone, my stats show only zombie kills, i havnt even killed bandits. Can anyone explain this to me?

Since the update, I logged in and my humanity was 3500. I haven't killed any players or bandits. When I logged off and came back, it was then up to 4200, and the next logon on was 4100. It now seems to be holding at 4100. I don't quite understand how it's working at this point, because during the logoffs all I did was find some tents to raid.

In any case, thank you all of the info your posting...it's explaining a good bit :)

So im assuming a bandit or hero skin wont show if you have a ghillie suit on? Also i have no idea if this is relevant but what decides the tag you get when you scroll wheel? for example sometimes its just survivor or rifleman, it seems wearing a ghillie suit makes it sniper since my friend and i both have one and we are labled as snipers, will humanity change any of that does anyone know?

I have -99k humanity. I can still wear a ghillie.

And no I don't just kill unarmed kids on the shore. "Murders" from before this patch carried over apparently. Almost 100% of my kills were on people who shot first, or had a big enough gun for me to justify taking them out. The others were unarmed noobs who didn't respond to "friendly?" and tried to open my backpack and take a gun out.

My friend has -10000 and yet he still wears a ghillie...If that was truly a fact then I doubt many people would enjoy that but to my knowledge what you say isn't right.

You can't wear ghillie suit if you're a bandit? that's just stupid.

Apparently I was wrong, Sorry, I guess you can wear a ghillie

My humanity is MINUS 225,000.

arma2oa_2012_08_14_11_59_19_057.jpg

I gave a clan member all of my guns the other day as I was bored and this reduced my humanity to 215,000 which I was quite happy about. He prompty lost them all by trying to swim in the sea because I forgot to tell him about that haha so I helped him find them in the sea and my humanity went down a bit more.

I am trying to get it into the positives, so I am going to camp the beaner areas and kill bandits who try to kill beaners. Its too risky trying to heal people as they normally take your secondary out of your backpack and shoot you with it.

Edited:proof of humanity.

Edited by 86JR

how do you check your humanity. Cant seem to figure that out

I have 3900 humanity, and it is not increasing from zombie kills or over time. I think it stop going up after a while.

Yeah, mine is at 8300 right now and it hasn't gone up at all killing zombies.

I think theres a lot of mix up right now on what actually raises it becasue of the "standard" 150 raises every certain amount of time when you are under 2500. It's led to all sorts of reports on what raises it which aren't actually true.

I am wanting to confirm if killling bandits actually raises your humanity or not, no-one seems to know.

Edited by AnnieGYG

Humanity just seems to be a point system that give you an idea of how you are progressing in the world. Going to far down gives others a way to know you are a person who frequently kills others and to not be trusted at all.

I would like to see a change that if you kill a bandit or a player who has recently killed (within 10 minutes) another player you should lose less humanity or be immune even due to "avenging" friends or performing a public duty.

Humanity would be that random meter that makes the Debug Monitor bigger, and thus obstructing more of my screen, right?

I have yet to find a use for it, other than temporarily changing my outfit until i get a ghilie. What? Bandits get shot at more often? Roflcopter, no. Everyone gets shot at by everyone.

Try shouting "Friendly in Cherno" while having a hero outfit.

Edited by Stworca

I like the concept, but not sure about the implementation. As an example, a friend of mine who just started was running through Elektro, unarmed, and trying to gear up as myself and another mutual friend were heading south from further in the map. He was attacked, and killed by two other survivors in the church and he identified them. (tags are on on my server) So he respawns and gets lucky, spawning just east of elektro and tries to sneak back in. Right as this happens, my friend and I come up on the northern fire station and notice two survivors running up onto sniper hill. Surprise surprise, its the two that just killed my completely unarmed friend. So we split up, I flank around to the north and come at them from behind as my friend keeps them occupied with his M16A4 ACOG from the front.

I take them out, and get two murders - and take a 5000 point hit to my humanity. Now usually I would attempt to engage them in conversation but because my friend, who they had just brutally slaughtered in Elektro, varified their names I didn't bother - they were bandits in the making. One attempted to Alt F4 but took two NATO rounds to the head, the other was pretty much caught with his pants down.

The problem I have with this is that its not accurate enough. It was clear to me (and my friends) that these two were cold blooded murderers but to the game they were just not quite there, so when retribution was given, someone who is not a murderer was punished.

Not to mention that its unclear how murders are handed out. If two people go in swinging their axes at someone, do they both get murder counts? Or is it only the person who had the killing blow?

You get a murder mark against you, if you kill some one else with out them hitting you (may have to be first). I've killed three people this playthrough and I can assure you all three were actively trying to kill me. One shot at me first and missed, which gave me time to fire back and kill him. Another tried to hunt me down with an assault rifle, but luckly I suckered him into a passageway where I could gernade him. And the last hit me in the back with an axe and I manage to shoot him point blank with a shotgun. I only have 2 counted murders because the axe guy was the only one who actually hit me.

I'm a little bit disapointed with the system because many of the weapons (even the axe) can easily kill in their first hit, and your a murderer if you don't allow them to at least hit you once.

I made a post about this bandit skin when I saw it was back in, but it sounds like what I was saying is kind of beeing tried with this humanity number. Something that stays with you through death, goes down when you pk and up when you don't.

I think the thought about only being allowed the bandit skin is a good idea. Whats the point in id'ing them with a bandit skin if they can simply change to something else? Makes the whole system pointless and useless.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/3141-banditsurvivor-morphing-to-be-removed/page__st__1200#entry688272

EDIT: FOUND IT -

If you ever drop below 0, you gain a bandit skin. You have to go back to 2000 before you lose your bandit skin and get your survivor skin back.

Additionally, if you're over 5000 humanity you get a hero skin.

And if any of this is relevant to the female skin?

Thanks.

Edited by HMS

I want to try and get the hero skin, but i always get murdered by other players in some way or form?

Man they are so wasting the hero bandit thing, who gives a flying fuck about some scabby skin they could really make it matter what path you choose.

The ghillie should BE the bandit skin and its the only way to aquire one, there should be significant rewards for hitting milestones off center of either chosen path and no other way to gain these valuable additions so there is a real hero v bandit war going on in the background.

Bandit (ghillie skin)

Hit -25k humanity get single infinate water bottle (always full)

Hit -50k double zoom on your binoculars if you have them (or rangefinder)

Hit -100k get thermal on your binoculars if you have them (or rangefinder)

Hit -250k get as50

Hit -500k all downed choppers get marked on your map

Hit -1mil get as50 with thermal

Hit 2.5 mil get double the backpack slots your current pack holds

Hero (halo above players head skin)

+5k get 24k max health

+10k get a single infinate bandage

+20k can use bloodbags on yourself

+50k infinate single bloodbag

+100k players with positive humanity who have been killed by players within last 10 minutes show on your map

+250k players with -100k humanity or worse show on your map

+500k triple damage on all bullets

+1mil only take 5% damage from sniper rifle hits on yourself if the player shooting you has a ghillie skin

In addition killing a player should give a direct correlation to the amount of humanity you gain or lose, you should get 10% of the total humanity the player you killed has - applied in reverse to your score.

For eg you kill someone with -10k humanity you get +1k to yours, you kill someone with +50k humanity you get -5k on your score.

The skins should be applied at the first milestone and are removed as are the rewards if you drop below the milestone.

Killing a z should add a sinlge point to your score (+1 if your in positive -1 if your in negative)

Now that shit would be fun.

• Like 2

We should be able to use bloodbags on ourselves. I play alone and have no use for them or epipens, food is the only way of getting blood back and the 200/800 point system takes soooooo long. Maybe make the self used blood bag 6000 ml instead of the full ride to even it out a bit?

Man they are so wasting the hero bandit thing, who gives a flying fuck about some scabby skin they could really make it matter what path you choose.

The ghillie should BE the bandit skin and its the only way to aquire one, there should be significant rewards for hitting milestones off center of either chosen path and no other way to gain these valuable additions so there is a real hero v bandit war going on in the background.

Bandit (ghillie skin)

Hit -250k get as50

+5k get 24k max health

+100k players with positive humanity who have been killed by players within last 10 minutes show on your map

+1mil only take 5% damage from sniper rifle hits on yourself if the player shooting you has a ghillie skin

In addition killing a player should give a direct correlation to the amount of humanity you gain or lose, you should get 10% of the total humanity the player you killed has - applied in reverse to your score.

For eg you kill someone with -10k humanity you get +1k to yours, you kill someone with +50k humanity you get -5k on your score.

The skins should be applied at the first milestone and are removed as are the rewards if you drop below the milestone.

Killing a z should add a sinlge point to your score (+1 if your in positive -1 if your in negative)

That would be fun in CoD , not here .

Bandit (ghillie skin)

Hit -250k get as50

+5k get 24k max health

So you're saying bad guys can hide, good guys can be seen from a mile away because they have some dumb glowing ring above their head?

If anything a bandit should be limited to only the gear he/she can find on someone they kill, as that's the business they're in, let them earn their gear, not be given it.

There are enough bandages laying around that an infinite bandage would be useless, I've never, ever not had enough bandages to stop bleeding.

So you're saying bad guys can hide, good guys can be seen from a mile away because they have some dumb glowing ring above their head?

Well yeah bandits like to be invisable because it serves thier purpose, heros need to be seen so people who need help can find them so they can do thier thang. Dont forget thier extras make them very much harder to kill for the bandits so being more visable is not much of a downside v the specific people who are trying to nuke you.

If anything a bandit should be limited to only the gear he/she can find on someone they kill, as that's the business they're in, let them earn their gear, not be given it.

I like this idea also but they would obviously have to start with superior gear in the first place to level it out imo.

There are enough bandages laying around that an infinite bandage would be useless, I've never, ever not had enough bandages to stop bleeding.

You would if you had every bleeding noob running to you for help because of your halo, and you wouldnt have to loot help items to help any more thats the point, and could build hero points faster.

Guy who mentioned some scrubby game doesnt deserve a reply as nothing would be fun on that crap;)

I think what might be happening rather than "misinformation", its players using different versions. I initially downloaded a patch i thought was the 1.7.5 patch through the 6 updater/server program, then went in 5883 servers thinking that i was up to date( not knowing what a beta patch was) and i could play just fine, but i never saw any bandit skins obviously because i hadn't yet downloaded 1.7.5. Yet it played just fine. People may still be using the 1.7.4. or 3 thinking they are up to date.

I guess beta patches are from the Arma 2 devs? I still don't even know.

How many points do you lose for one murder? I've read one guy sayt he took a 5k hit for two kills yet i went from +2700 to - 1752 with one kill. When i panicked like a girl... :blush: