Siggy (DayZ)

(Rocket) Why are we logging in on the coast

for now try to remain on the same server and you will not spawn on a beach, works for me atleast.

I can confirm that when i disconnect from loading screen and log on to another server i spawn at the cost again, im not 100% thats what has caused it but its very likely since it only happens when i close the game when its on loading screen.

I've been kicked to the coast on the SAME server without joining another but after the daily server restart. Second time it has happened to me in less than 24 hours and the jog back north to find your corpse or where ever you were at sucks. Stats stay, ghillie suit stays, just I "die" and get sent to debug plains and have to abort out and log back in and get sent to the coast with no gear *sigh*.

Edited by kicktd

so from what i have determined the glitch isn't due to server hopping, it is just a glitch in the game that will hopefully be fixed with the next patch?

If server hopping was such an issue, the simplest solution would be to disable character saves beyond their originating server. Go to a different server, start fresh. Same thing that every other MMO does.

This would completely disable ghosting, server hopping for loot, etc.

That solution wouldn't work when the maximum players on one particular server is around 50. Oh my server is full, guess I can't play my main character tonight!

this happend to me before the recent patch update, now after the recent patch it has done the same and lost all my gear.

NVG's,Range finder,Gilly,As50,L85 Ammo the works.........

as i see most people posting they dont server hop for loots or to get away from people trying to kill them there just trying to find a good server to play, it seems legit players are being punished for trying to get a good server to play on, which either isnt 0/50 or with a ping of 100+

Needs to be fixed asap, honestly fuck this crap it's so annoying, server hop because there is a hacker on it, get punished anyway.

Edit: My mate just tested this server hop theory and it does seem to be the problem, he was on skalisty island and ended up at drakon.

Nup it's not server hopping, I have the same base on a few diffrent servers, so when I find a ATV/Tractor/Tent on a server I've never played, I store them/pitch them on the same spot on every server.

Then I hop between them moving gear to my "main" server.

So far no issues.

So not server hopping.

Maybe it's has something to do with the removal of player locations from the admin screen (I think i understood it right that the ability to check player locations was removed for admins)

A someone with multiple ping issues, computer issues, etc., as well as trying to find a server that agrees to my friend's computer also may present problems once I update...

And if it's happening on 1.7.2.4 then it's NOT the 1.7.2.5 patch, I honestly think it's bugged player locations from 883. At work so can't test to prove.

Also I've had the loading issue maybe 2 or 3 times this weekend. The last time I spawned at kameka, then I havn't had it since and have been server hopping as per normal.

It also ended up in my most epic adventur yet, breaking my legs, crawled a 1000m then found a tractor, driving to the berezino hospital, patch myself up, raiding the town then escaping in my tractor, and surronding it with tank traps, barb wire and bear traps muwahahahahaha

Like i said earlier, all me and my mates are doing now is killing people around elektro and cherno, we won't even attempt to go north until this is fixed.

In my experience/theory:

If you join a server not matching the version you are using, you will forever be stuck on the loading screen, the hive puts you in debug forest while you are loading.

When you abort or kill the process, you are still at debug forest according to the hive.

Then when you join a server with a matching version, and get into the game, it spawns you back at the coast since the hive thought you were in debug forest.

So there is no confusion what version you are running, SixLauncher is only on 1.7.2.4 so if you are using that, you are not on 1.7.2.5 even if you have updated the files manually, they would be overwritten by sixupdater, make sure you restart dayzcommander or arma and refresh the servers so that you are sure they are on the same version, I have found that commander will be reporting version x even though the server is using version y, restarting and refreshing the list seems to report the correct server versions.

Temporary fix:

If you're stuck on the loading screen (usually because you tried to join a server on the wrong version), ALT-TAB out, find a server that you know you can joinand load into it.

When the game asks if you want to close your current session session, say NO. Keep both of them open.

Then, load in normally on the new session. and you should spawn where you were. Then you can close the perma-load, and keep your position instead of respawning on the coast.

Edited by smasht_AU
  • Like 3