Siggy (DayZ)

(Rocket) Why are we logging in on the coast

If server hopping was such an issue, the simplest solution would be to disable character saves beyond their originating server. Go to a different server, start fresh. Same thing that every other MMO does.

This would completely disable ghosting, server hopping for loot, etc.

er... it would also completely remove the only unique feature of DayZ which is character persistence. If each server has it's own characters then you might as well bin all that complex hive code and just call it 'DayZ Deathmatch'.

Im finding this thread pretty amusing at how oblivious most people, so i'll be nice and fill you all in with what I know.

This server hopping, will happen regardless of what version of DayZ you are running. It's to do with the servers having updated recently to their latest code to track players logins and actions.

So how does it work exactly? Whenever you DC/ Alt+F4 during combat, you will be put back to the coast! Excessive logging in and out, put back to the coast! It's monitoring your actions, and then deciding whether or not you are legitimately logging on and off, and punishing you by putting you at the coast if the database thinks you are playing unfairly. All the posts say very much the same thing, and me and another friend have found this ingame too. It's only happened to me once, and thats because I tried logging onto the same server, about 2-3 times without it working. So I tried a different one, and it put me at the coast. A friend of mine had logged during combat the night before when me and a mate got killed, and the next time he came in, he was on the coast.

So your wondering how to avoid it yes? 1: Don't log during combat, sure fire way to get you back to the coast. You get caught in a gun fight, hang around the area for about 5-10 minutes then move away a good 500 metres or so and put yourself in a bush and log. I myself got caught in combat last night, and a friend died, me and my other mate hung around the area and managed to kill 1 of the 2 people who shot our mate, the other DC'd. We stayed in the area for about 5 minutes just to make sure, before running over the other side of the field to log out for dinner. Came back in, and was in exactly the same place, both of us.

2: You log into a server and it's laggy. Wait for 10 minutes. The reason it's doing this with legit server hopping, is because you logging in and out or respawning, clogs up the servers back end, making it lag for everyone else. You've all seen the red and yellow chain links right? Some broken, some not. This is because someone, or a few people are logging into the server or re-spawning excessively which clogs up the back end making it lag for everyone else. They've already disabled respawning which is reducing this, the next step is to decrease server hopping to increase server performance for everyone else.

This is no bug, it's a test of methods to combat alt+f4'ing and excessive server hopping to make the experience of DayZ better for everyone else. They may take it down, or they'll put a different method in. All I know, is that when you play the game legitimately and think about what your doing in regards to finding a decent server (i.e. go on ones you know are good), then you don't get punished by this system.

Tell us oh wise one... how do we avoid getting dumped on the coast after getting stuck at the 'Loading...' screen?

taking a dump

So when you said you were 'logging' you were actually... ewww!

Wash your hands before you touch that mouse... I don't want to catch virtual coodies when I nick your stuff.

Tell us oh wise one... how do we avoid getting dumped on the coast after getting stuck at the 'Loading...' screen?

I dunno.. maybe update both your Arma2 and DayZ mod properly, then join servers that are running the latest versions of both... Its been said under this very topic multiple times by multiple people. If you read other topics about updating recently, it has also been said that people are having trouble updating with both the 6Launcher and DayZ Commander, so you may need to manually update.

I dunno.. maybe update both your Arma2 and DayZ mod properly, then join servers that are running the latest versions of both... Its been said under this very topic multiple times by multiple people. If you read other topics about updating recently, it has also been said that people are having trouble updating with both the 6Launcher and DayZ Commander, so you may need to manually update.

They're not having troubles updating with 6Launcher because 6Launcher isn't updating at all. idk for commander.

This morning was playing on server and got DCed. I logged into a new server and my FPS was jacked, so I logged out. Tried a new server, it never connected. Now I knew I was probably going to be on the coast, found a low pop server, and yep on the coast. Damn Annoying.

Two things...

1) Make sure your battleye client is up to date as per... http://support.dayzmod.com/knowledgebase.php?action=displayarticle&id=20. This might fix some of the stuck in 'Loading...' problems.

2) Make sure you only join servers which are running the same version of the beta patch as you are (e.g. if you have patch 95883 then only join servers reporting 95883)

I am not 100% sure yet but I think that might have fixed it for me

So basically you better hope that server info is always correct in showing 1.7.2.5 (which it rarely is), otherwise you'll be punished and sent to the beach for a long run to think about what YOU have done wrong...

Pretty sure someone confirmed this as a bug from the bug notes or watever so i'm not too worried, just not gonna log in till its fixed.

ALSO.. I will add that the 5 minute counter that some servers seem to have implimented upon logging back in too fast was just fine for stopping ghosters. It just wasn't forced on all servers. A simple log out timer and this 5 minute counter on logging back in too quick would work fine for stopping the actual issues (Ghosting/Logging).. Leave the server loot hoppers to their own devises, they'll still eat bullets.

Edited by Xzite

If this is true. Im all for it. I have a home server. Its not My server but i play on one server if im going to play.

This would mean i dont have to worry about people spawning in on sniper tower in Cherno, tall buildings, behind me while at barracks, and stary.

This would also mean that OMG You mean to tell me that when i get to that one spot im going there might be loot there cuz no one has server hopped? thats Grade A in my book.

This would also mean that people wouldnt be able to ghost people on other servers anymore.

This would be great news.

Right, glad to know i wasn't the only one to spawn at the coast randomly with all my gear then.

If this is true. Im all for it. I have a home server. Its not My server but i play on one server if im going to play.

This would mean i dont have to worry about people spawning in on sniper tower in Cherno, tall buildings, behind me while at barracks, and stary.

This would also mean that OMG You mean to tell me that when i get to that one spot im going there might be loot there cuz no one has server hopped? thats Grade A in my book.

This would also mean that people wouldnt be able to ghost people on other servers anymore.

Thats good for you, but we don't all have home servers. But thanks for saying we should all be punished for not playing how you play.

• Like 2

Edited the first post so people know the reason as to why it's happening, well i think that's the reason anyway, it seems to be.

Edited the first post so people know the reason as to why it's happening, well i think that's the reason anyway, it seems to be.

It seems to be the issue. I was at Olsha pretty much happily scouting out Berezino for anything of use when I had to go for work. I come back and I get an endless loading screen, forcing me to Alt-F4 which then when I actually CAN log in, I appear to the West of Kamenka. You have no idea how annoyed I am.

Yeah I realize it's Alpha. I will stumble upon these sort of things but if it doesn't get fixed soon Rocket has lost himself an Alpha tester.

Before: Logging in -> Debug Plains

Now: Logging in -> On the coast

Pretty sure this is an improvement.

Edited by NightRipper

Here we go... it's an alpha.

People have been complaining about server hopping for a long, long, long time. It is very difficult to resolve all of the false positives for a solution on the first try. Try to be patient and understanding of the difficulty for a formula that needs to correctly sort out illegitimate server hopping from legit server searching. :) The fact that SOME kind of a solution to negate an exploit was put in should result in praise for the development team! These things take time.

Edited by TolEressea

It seems to be the issue. I was at Olsha pretty much happily scouting out Berezino for anything of use when I had to go for work. I come back and I get an endless loading screen, forcing me to Alt-F4 which then when I actually CAN log in, I appear to the West of Kamenka. You have no idea how annoyed I am.

Yeah I realize it's Alpha. I will stumble upon these sort of things but if it doesn't get fixed soon Rocket has lost himself an Alpha tester.

You're not an alpha tester, you're a player trying to get the most out of a "free game". A tester relishes the hunt for defects, being attentive to detail and a thorough writeup of said defect. Don't kid yourself kid, you're not doing anyone any favors now by playing, and we won't be losing anything when you inevitably leave.

You're not an alpha tester, you're a player trying to get the most out of a "free game". A tester relishes the hunt for defects, being attentive to detail and a thorough writeup of said defect. Don't kid yourself kid, you're not doing anyone any favors now by playing, and we won't be losing anything when you inevitably leave.

And you're not doing anyone favors by complaining about me. So your post is null.

I never had the misfortune to get sent to debug plains.. Now I get the coast on every log in attempt.. Hense why I stopped trying.

Also, people saying this is an attempt to resolve the ghosting etc. I've said it like 20 times but noone seems to be acknowledging my posts when I say - What was wrong with the 5 minute passed out timer that happened when you re-logged into a server too soon? I copped it a few times when my net DC'ed and I had no issues waiting the 5 mins, knowing it was actually eventually going to stop someone who had malitious intent. The only issue with that particular chestnut is that it didn't seem to be forced and was more of an option for server hosts.. Worked a charm on the servers that DID have it though.. Force that along with a 10 second log out timer and i'd say your onto something good.. I could be wrong.

The very first spawn i had on this game when i started was debug plains, since then i haven't seen it again, so i guess it's a little bit of improvement still a lot of work to be done though.

Spawns should be any random city, but a higher chance of getting Cherno or Elektro.

they should include new Loot Spots and Markets/Tower Blocks at the Coast. Turn Kamenka into a City with military loot

since now we're forced to play there everytime we login.

the game is currently ruined by this login bug

all the 'facts' people are stating about running the same version, updating this, deleting this and waiting a certain time are just guessing, grasping at straws about the Hive and debug plains and are basically chatting shit.

quit telling people there are ways to avoid Loading Screen crashes and this login bug

I find alot of the time i'll join a server of the same build, everything on my end updated 100% and still cop the loading screen of death.. I have my suspicions that its the server hosts changing the information for their server but not yet having the updates installed serverside.. Most times i play infact I have to try 3 - 5 servers before I get any success..

I feel pretty sorry for people who've been downloading the game as of late who cop this bug straight off the bat. They're going to think this is actual game mechanics and will more than likely turn away from the game.. I know I would..

Edited by Xzite

You know what, good for you! I had a home server, I've actually had several home servers, and now I've also lost serveral vehicles because said home servers cease to exist!

Thanks though tips, clearly you know what's up.

This is actually another quality piece of bull crap lol. First of all, when you install Day Z they tell you to use Six Launcher. It's posted all over this fucking shit website, everywhere. Yet SixLauncher won't properly update half the time, and is the reason I wasted about six hours back when I was first posting in this thread. SixLauncher should be removed from this website, and Day Z Commander should be listed. It's many many times better, cleaner presentation, incredibly easy and logical updating options, and it actually refreshes the server list properly. So quit it with the elitist attitude about updating properly because this ridiculous website is at fault, people shouldn't have to sift through pages upon pages of random threads in order to find out that the software the mod developer told you to use to update doesn't fucking work properly. Thanks. Also I never had any issues updating after I switched to Day Z commander.

Also something at least a few of you will find amusing; After being teleported to the coast at least five or six times due to complete and utter bullshit, I started to realize that alright, fine, If I ever get hackers screwing with me I have to take a 10-15 minute break from the game unless I want the fucking server nazi's teleporting me. Super! First I get teleported by the hackers, then I get teleported by the servers for trying to avoid the hackers! Really, premo system you fools have going here. So after having it effect me negatively like half a dozen times, I'm running through a town inland a bit, middle of town I get hit once by a zombie, I was just over 10k blood, the ONE hit broke my leg, woot! so I fall down obviously, and after two or three more hits I go unconscious. Well guess what the fuck I did, I logged out, used Day Z commander to find a server with an outdated version type, and I logged in and out of it three times then went back to the other server and there you go I was teleported to safety, albeit still unconcious and bleeding, saved my life. I can't even begin to explain how this pissed me off, because most of you wouldn't believe me anyway. I don't like abusing game mechanics, but this shit had me so angry, I got sniped on the coast after being teleported there for trying to avoid hackers, then my first life after all that where I'm actually doing good and some random BS with my leg breaking from a zombie hit at near full blood, and I was like you know what, fuck this, I died twice due to this error, so this time I'm using it to save my life.

So thank you for fucking us legit players, and actually making us so bitter that we abuse game mechanics. Keep frustrating your player base and see where it gets you, as I've said plenty of times here; no wonder there's so many fucking hackers.

As for the being teleported crap, all you have to do is wait 10-15 minutes and you'll be fine, that and avoid outdated servers. But there's not a lot more frustrating than being forced to take a break from your gaming due to hackers, and that's exactly what's happening. I can't play on high population servers anymore, give them twenty minutes and a hacker pops in. I'm just sick of it. I can't find a 'home' server, I thought I found a good one the other day but it has ceased to exist, and I keep running into hackers. Very rarely can I just chill and enjoy this game, and personally I work full time, I don't get a lot of free time, a couple hours here and there, so when it takes 20 minutes to find a decent server, and I get to play for maybe twenty minutes before a hacker comes and fucks things up, then I have to take a 10-15 minute break before spending another twenty minutes finding yet another server............. Yeah. Pretty much ready to quit playing.

Edited by Hysterics