Sign in to follow this  
Jerkaq

Why not combine ACE + Dayz ?

hello,

Since this is realistic Dayz, and that realism will increase over the updates, why not combine the mod with the ACE mod Dayz, increases the realism of madness just by combining the two.

Now that it's going standalone there is no need. Aside from that, I believe I read a post a month or so ago from one of the ACE guys saying that they would not share the code with this mod (sorry if I'm mistaken, its been awhile..)

well hopefully the stand alone takes all the good things from ace, and maybe even acre.

However right now in alpha stages, I don't think adding possible compatibility issues with adding ace and acre which code changes are out of rockets control.

Edited by Orthus

I would really like it increases the difficulty and realism, because I think for now Dayz is too simple ...

Can anyone tell me what the ACE mod adds to ARMA? I'm not too familiar with it

FrostDMG ---> Basically everything is more realistic with ACE, ballistic weapons, detonation, back, care system, shortness of breath, tremor, be confusing if you are close to an explosion, whistling ear so close to a detonation of a firearm , we can put earplugs to prevent this and so many other thing is huge.

• Like 1

FrostDMG ---> Basically everything is more realistic with ACE, ballistic weapons, detonation, back, care system, shortness of breath, tremor, be confusing if you are close to an explosion, whistling ear so close to a detonation of a firearm , we can put earplugs to prevent this and so many other thing is huge.

Ohhh that sounds pretty damn awesome!

One can dream both mods are combined

Wind affecting sniper bullets also would be a nice addition - sniping won't be so easy anymore.

Wind is in vanilla ARMA 2 iirc. Not sure why removed

serioussam909 ---> I think it's included in ACE, im not sure

The only things I can see effectively being taken from ACE is the stretchers and batteries for NVG and other powered things.

I'm sure standalone will include those things though.

Can't you just set up a server DayZ + ACE? I played on a lingor server and it kicked me for lack of ACE content.

Let ACE be ACE and DayZ be DayZ.

Yeah I am farily sure there is wind physics in the vanilla game.

I remember watching a sniper mission and there was wind there.

Wait a sec, I'm not sure if that was an ACE mod though - I don't remember there being said anything bout ACE, then again, I cannot find the video again

Let ACE be ACE and DayZ be DayZ.

true but maybe they would be amazing together and I don't see anything with trying it out together.

• Like 1

Rocket & C° write the code for DayZ.

If he wants wind + velocity and any other odd thing added to sniper rifles or whatever, I'm sure he'll work it out.

Not everybody is ACEaholic, btw.

Also ::: You MAY NOT run any other mods, or keys.

This is one of the Rules concerning Servers.

Rocket & C° write the code for DayZ.

If he wants wind + velocity and any other odd thing added to sniper rifles or whatever, I'm sure he'll work it out.

Not everybody is ACEaholic, btw.

Also ::: You MAY NOT run any other mods, or keys.

This is one of the Rules concerning Servers.

Yeah sure. DayZ dev team can do whatever they want. But a nerf to hill snipers outside cherno/elektro would be fantastic; I think it's one of those things that is done without purpose and it does discourage new players. Hell, it discourages me knowing it goes on and 2/3 of my characters are nowhere near the coast.