DarkEnergy

No vehicles spawning on new server.

same here server name de 1041 lost 2xatv 1x bus

funny part after first restart when i got atv its save but after next it was gone -.-

atm its not realy fun fix cars and loss them after restart.. some server do restart all 3h etc need fix this plz

edit ops wrong server name

Edited by bensen

funny to see this is being ignored...... is it definately only new servers can similar issue spill over onto older servers?

At this time we are encountering some problems with vehicles spawning on new servers. We are working diligently to correct this problem and your patience is appreciated. I understand not having vehicles on your server is extremely frustrating but please know we are aware of this issue and are working on a solution.

To clarify, yes, this is only an issue with new servers. We understand that vehicles are a huge and needed addition to your servers and we are working on fixing this issue and getting everyone up and running.

• Like 4

In order to clean up with this:

We are aware that vehicles have not spawned on servers with instance IDs above, roughly, 8000 and it will require manual action to spawn them.

We're working on fixing it.

thanks for info,u sure that this happen only on new serverß

maybe i should test old server till its fixed what u think^^

devs are out at a party i bet we wont see cars for a few more weeks.

Every post you write that I see just seems to scream that you always have a bad attitude.

thanks for info,u sure that this happen only on new serverß

maybe i should test old server till its fixed what u think^^

Yes, I can confirm only newer servers.

devs are out at a party i bet we wont see cars for a few more weeks.

Even if they were... so what?

The game is Alpha. If you are coming into DayZ, in its Alpha state, with any mindset other than that everything you're doing is simply being an unpaid alpha tester; then you're going to have a terrible experience. Players' time and server admins' time/money are essentially being donated for large scale testing. That's it. No special snowflake stuff over here.

I just purchased a server over the weekend (which is pending instance ID approval), and my mindset going in is that I'll experience a whole host of bugs and potential outages as a result of the ALPHA state. You won't see me complaining that "I spent money!" because it's an invalid argument. I'm doing this on my own accord because I enjoy the mod. I fully accept the financial risk and responsibility regardless of the stability of the mod.

The DayZ team owes you nothing special. You are *not* entitled to a bug-free Alpha. DayZ team has taken in $0 for the mod. When it's beta you can start to get upset, and after release of the standalone that you've paid for, then -- by all means -- go hog wild with rage.

For now, comments like that just make you look like a three year old in desperate need of a juice box and box of animal crackers. The DayZ team has already posted that they are aware of it and pursuing a fix. Calm... down...

• Like 2

Indeed.

Once this thread got onto staffs radar they they responded professionally and even stuck around to answer some questions.

on topic again.

Can somebody point me to the dev-heaven.net bug report that represents this issue ?

Edited by DarkEnergy

At this time we are encountering some problems with vehicles spawning on new servers. We are working diligently to correct this problem and your patience is appreciated. I understand not having vehicles on your server is extremely frustrating but please know we are aware of this issue and are working on a solution.

To clarify, yes, this is only an issue with new servers. We understand that vehicles are a huge and needed addition to your servers and we are working on fixing this issue and getting everyone up and running.

Thanks for the info urbanfox! Heh, the one thing I look forward to most is people no longer asking me if vehicles have spawned on my server yet.

Thanks for the info urbanfox! Heh, the one thing I look forward to most is people no longer asking me if vehicles have spawned on my server yet.

amen to that.

I've more or less lost all my recurring players because now they all know that there is no vehicles spawning on my server... from 30avg to 3-5avg players at peak times... yay!

Ticket response time was awesome, on the other side the answer is not.

They are not willing to handle this issue on a case to case basis.

We have to sit this storm out guys.

DE1608, nothing so far. Will keep you updated, even if it gets boring...

Yeah I've recently acquired a server and for past few days me and my clan members have been searching for vehicles but to no avail. I hope this issue gets resolved by Staff or Community work around. I really would like to have vehicles on my server.

This is extremely frustrating to just say that this is only a problem with servers that are less than a week old. I have had my server since 7/26/12 and there are others who have had servers longer and still dont have vehicles. Vehicles did show up on my server for 2 or 3 days and then disappeared. I can understand if yall are having problems but to say its only with new servers make people like me who have been playing on our own servers for more than three weeks hear that its only a problem with servers that are few days running is really discouraging because Ive been waiting patiently for a solution by reading forums everyday and trying things with my server hoping to get it fix only to hear that we (admins that have servers more than a week) dont have a problem. I really thought it was my server provider (defcon) was at fault and was gonna switch but now I fear getting a new server and waiting all over again to have the same problems will just make me quit this game altogether. I hate to sound so negative, if yall would have said this problem is shared by various admins then I woudn't have posted anything I would have just waited but to hear that early servers are the only ones who have problems made me write this

• Like 1

tents not saving is a new bug once again but bugs are what happens when you have an arma patch and dayz patch with in a few days it happens, but as far as vehicles go my first server took over a week to get them to spawn and on top of that not every spawn does spawn one there are 4 off road truck spawns that i know of and on the day that vehicles did show up only 1 even spawned one so dont go around thinking you should have like 20 of them on your server you will be lucky if you have 1-2 of each.

also to add my first server is over a month old so its not a new thing for them to take there time to spawn.

Edited by hybrid86

Yeah I too got my server from defcon. It has been over a week and still no vehicles.

I feel your pain general.

Not that you are implying it, but just to be clear, this is an issue on our end. This is the fault of any hosting company.

EDIT

Also, this affects everyone. Even DayZ support and staff have this problem with any new servers they have and when the fix comes it will be for everyone, not just prioritizing certain people or staff ahead of others.

Edited by urbanfox
  • Like 2

Every post you write that I see just seems to scream that you always have a bad attitude.

Yes, I can confirm only newer servers.

i might be off-topic but it's still vehicle related, i don't want to take your time by asking if you would please search the forums with tags like helicopter doesn't spawn etc. etc.

but i can tell you that i've done it and i share the grief of many players & server admins who are on the hunt for choppers ever since they were reintroduced with the 1.7.2.4 (yes they were added but once destroyed/crashed/stuck) they are left 4 dead lol, simply, they doesn't spawn even after 7 days of servers activity, or even after more.

so would you kindly answer if the chopper respawn timer is the same as all the other vehicles & if any server restart will reset the 7 days timer?

i think i'm speaking for everyone here.

thanks and sorry for the long post

a concerned citizen of Chernogorsk

Not that you are implying it, but just to be clear, this is an issue on our end. This is the fault of any hosting company.

EDIT

Also, this affects everyone. Even DayZ support and staff have this problem with any new servers they have and when the fix comes it will be for everyone, not just prioritizing certain people or staff ahead of others.

Thank you for the information and diligence. You have my beans!

Edited by TrainwreckUS2114

i might be off-topic but it's still vehicle related, i don't want to take your time by asking if you would please search the forums with tags like helicopter doesn't spawn etc. etc.

but i can tell you that i've done it and i share the grief of many players & server admins who are on the hunt for choppers ever since they were reintroduced with the 1.7.2.4 (yes they were added but once destroyed/crashed/stuck) they are left 4 dead lol, simply, they doesn't spawn even after 7 days of servers activity, or even after more.

so would you kindly answer if the chopper respawn timer is the same as all the other vehicles & if any server restart will reset the 7 days timer?

i think i'm speaking for everyone here.

thanks and sorry for the long post

a concerned citizen of Chernogorsk

Answering a customer's question is never problem or burden.

The issue that new servers are facing is that no vehicles spawn at the moment, ground or air.

Concerning servers that have vehicles already, if a vehicle is destroyed or malicious intent is detected by the central database (such as leaving a vehicle off the map so no one finds it), then after 7 days the vehicle should automatically re-spawn at it's original spawn location.

Hope that answers your questio.

Edited by urbanfox
  • Like 1