Sign in to follow this  
calvin mc5

How do youtubers get so much gear?

I've been watching some youtube videos of DayZ and people have helicopters, jeeps and other vehicles, and in them vehicles they have x5 ghillie suits, x5 AS50's, x5 M4 SD's, 5x NVG's.

My question is how the hell do these people get so much gear? I'm pretty sure they're not hackers but they have so much gear. I've been playing DayZ for a few months now and I've only come across 1 pair of NVG's.

All high end gear is duped to shit. One guy finds NVGs and in an hour his entire group has one on them and few spares. Then if one of them dies the guy that killed him takes the NVGs and dupes it to all his mates. And so on, and so on.

Edited by SillySil

Two different ways.

1. Most youtubers are clan-oriented. That means they probably have designated looters whom go out and look for and loot everything that is rare. Their lives mean nothing, they are just a mix of blood hounds and pack mules. They collect rare weapons, stockpile them, and when a clan member dies they just resupply themselves from a camp that the looter(s) provided.

2. Duplication. Using exploits to get multiples of the same gear. It is very easy to 'dupe' gear (I won't say how) and many people dup anything they get their hands on. Find 1 L85? Dupe it into 15. Find a single NVG? Dupe 20 more. Find a ghillie? Now you, your friends, your clan and even your grandma can have their very own set.

So yeah. Most dupers have everything (excluding flashlights), the best backpack, AS50 or M4A1 CCO SD, as well as range finders and NVG. They don't carry much else, as they dupe it on the fly (yeah, I know how to do that, too. It is way too easy, and only a method panzies use).

Some people are legit, and actually find it. Others killed dupers and just took the loot. Not everyone is a duper, even though most dupers believe that everyone else does it so it is okay for them to do so as well.

Play at night and hope you come across some bush wookies. Because I'm pretty sure that most people only play at night if they have nvg.

It's not that hard to get this gear if you know how to raid the airfield and stary, and how to find crash sites.

It's much easier to find crash sites if you own a server, or know when it restarts.

It's WAY easier to find this kind of gear if you have a clan to help you.

Do most of these guys dupe? Yea, probably.

Is that the only way to get this gear? Nope.jpg

I've been watching some youtube videos of DayZ and people have helicopters, jeeps and other vehicles, and in them vehicles they have x5 ghillie suits, x5 AS50's, x5 M4 SD's, 5x NVG's.

My question is how the hell do these people get so much gear? I'm pretty sure they're not hackers but they have so much gear. I've been playing DayZ for a few months now and I've only come across 1 pair of NVG's.

OshiSeven [he plays with Sacriel42, Fhrope, etc] uploaded a video regarding how he gets the gear so fast and much.

What pisses me off instead are not duped items (it happens, can't do a shit about that) but supposed wannabe-pro playing in regular servers with crosshairs and nametags on.

I'm no youtuber but I get most of my gear from other peoples camps :D I have a list of around 10 camps all over my prefered server + 2 camps with my group.

From what I've seen most camps have some sort of duped stuff in the tents, yes mine aswell. If you use tents it's basicly impossible not to dupe things.. sometimes you just take a weapon out of the tent and log out and next day it's in your inventory and the tent.

What pisses me off instead are not duped items (it happens, can't do a shit about that) but supposed wannabe-pro playing in regular servers with crosshairs and nametags on.

QFT. Nametags are lame

• Like 1

alot of it is do to working with a group, and haveing transportation. My group and I have like x5 of pretty much everything in game but the m136 (oh how you elude me *shakes fist*). doing loot runs in something like a chopper or ural makes everything like 100x easier, you can hit all the major loot spawns in like less then an hour. plus you dont have to worry about what to carry and what to leave behind, as you just take everything and dump it in the truck. but we're also a bandit group so we get alot of loot from dead bodies too.

funny story, when we get bored we usally dump everything in one of our tents (and i do mean everything, all weapons, backpacks, tools, etc) run into cherno basicly naked and in like 1/2 hour to a hour we all have coyote backpacks, assualt weapons or sniper rifles and loaded up with tools like GPS's, NVG's, rangefinders, etc. just from killing people around town (mostly snipers as they seem to have the best gear). you would be suprised at how much damage 3-5 people with macoroni pistols can do :P

On a side note, we all play legit no duping, hacking, exploiting etc. with the amount of gear we get in a usual day its not needed.

edit: i r gud speller

Edited by Des86

My bud found a legit l85 thermal from a crash site and we don't have a camp or something like that to resupply ourselves because if we die to something from the game. Other people/zombies and even hackers, I don't mind dieing because the fun of collecting it all again is the best!!

The longest I have survived in game is 8 days with a m16a4 acog and a DMR all found legitimately. The Acog was taken from some player who tried to kill us.

This will all probably be fixed in the upcoming standalone.