Sign in to follow this  
jblf2

a friend and i raided our first tent camp and found as50 tws...

after about 20 minutes i asked chat aboutit because it seemed suspicious seeing as i never seen one before and the scope seemed very powerful. my question is should we just drop them and keep on going or will there be ramifications for keeping and using them?

You wont be banned intentionally for having hacked weapons. Unless you spawn it.

Edited by HeHeHe

It's hacked in.

Destroy it, or place it on the ground for it to be destroyed. Just get rid of it.

You don't want it to fall into the hands of a murderer.

AS50 is a DayZ certified weapon ;)

The tws version is not

AS50 with anything but the basic long range sight is hacked in. TWS is a thermal sight I believe, which means it is a hacked in weapon. You CAN use it, and as long as you didn't hack it in yourself, you will not be banned from the game.

BUT NOTE: The admin of the server will probably kick/ban you for using a hacked weapon. You will not be able to access a server that an admin has banned you from.

Also, you will be marked in the hive database, where your information is stored.

• Like 1

The tws version is not

Read the wiki, the whole thing. It was in a previous patch of the game. A veteran player could have kept the rifle this long. So, no, even with the thermal scope it might not be hacked.

Edited by Slayer

Read the wiki, the whole thing. It was in a previous patch of the game. A veteran player could have kept the rifle this long. So, no, even with the thermal scope it might not be hacked.

interesting, that intrigues me because we only found the one with 3 clips with it, seems somewhat legitish.. lol

I'm talking about the TWS.

It's most likely hacked in.

Quote:

There exist some lingering TWS (Thermal Weapons Sight) versions of this rifle in DayZ. They were previously removed from spawns in the 1.5.x update but sometimes do re-appear, most likely from a veteran losing it or a hacker spawning it into the game.

So it's most likely hacked in but not neccessary.

99% of them are hacked in

And like I said previous patches had the TWS, so a vet player could have maintained the rifle for that long. http://www.dayzwiki.com/ maybe you should check out the wiki

"It's most likely hacked in"

the camp itself seemed legit, there was a bunch of crap, but not a overabundance like a hacker, or so it seemed, just a few weapons, that was just the one to stand out