TheMachine

Bandit skin is awesome

Nothing against the bandit skin update, it's actually nice to see a difference between good and bad people, but having a towel like that on regular survivor clothes looks a tad disabled.

I'd very much like a black balaclava, would suit the survivor skin better and look thrice more badass.

awesome idea.

Support

Who cares, Ghillie suit = Bushwookie sniper, Kill on sight.

If I find a Ghillie I wear the Ghillie. I am not a bandit and not a sniper. So what?

• Like 1

If you are not a bandit, just dont shoot survivors. Humanity will regenerate over time when you're not a bandit. Otherwise you'll need to give other players blood transfusions.

I didn't gain a single bit of humanity tonight. Didn't lose any either. Oddly, I seem to be frozen at 2500 humanity, but I feel like I should be higher given my 0 murder count.

I see this alot in the pvp games ive played. Ultima Online pre fel. Darkfall. Ect. This has nothing to do with "Your making me loose immersion into my character", this is "I cant grief people without others know what i am."

In Ultima online i had a murderer character. I wore my red name tag with pride and no one fucked with me especially when i was roaming for a new "playmate". I suggest instead of QQing over the new shemagh you get take a pint of your own advice. STFU, cowboy up and wear it with pride. Yes your now wearing a bullseye, but do crips or bloods or ms 13 bangers whine about showing there colors? No. They own it. They stack and if you stack back with the wrong set, you become a lead catcher. If you want to be a hunter, killer, bandit, then you need to make sure you are smart enough to survive as one.

• Like 7

Who cares, Ghillie suit = Bushwookie sniper, Kill on sight.

short sighted , i wear a ghillie so not to be seen by trigger happy survivors who think like you, the many i have seen and not shot at are 100 % more than those i killed. (zero murders, may be name tags should be on and we friendly ghillies should all shoot you for being racist ? can we report this because in essence you are racist in your words and if so actions. ?)

• Like 3

short sighted , i wear a ghillie so not to be seen by trigger happy survivors who think like you, the many i have seen and not shot at are 100 % more than those i killed. (zero murders, may be name tags should be on and we friendly ghillies should all shoot you for being racist ? can we report this because in essence you are racist in your words and if so actions. ?)

I lawled at this. Racist? You mean prejudice. How can he tell what race you are in a ghille? I really hope you're trolling.

No longer do the carebears have any reason to whine about not knowing who's a good/bad guy.

Run or fight, that's your choice.

I love looking like a middle eastern terrorist with my AKM.

I have to say, I LOVE the change back (ish.) I like knowing who is friendly and who isnt. as for me, this game isnt about killing, its about interacting.. and this just makes that a tiny bit simpler. every tom/dick/harry will say they are friendly with a rifle in their grill.. but now they can show it!

I also like the idea that because of this, bandits cant use ghillie suits. meaning cherno/elektro snipers might struggle a little more. which is a GOOD thing. as they are dbags.

In my opinion, it is a very bad idea to force a certain look on to players.. Not only is it less authentic and immersive, but it also significantly decreases the attachment a player can form with the character.

If it is not your player with your personal style and tastes, then it is just a generic avatar which makes you more conscious of the seperation. It doesn't feel like your character at all.. Just a skin you've had forced on to you.

That's why this system is a bad idea in my opinion.

Maybe players don't want to wear a towel on their heads or hide their identity just because they have killed people.. Maybe they were afraid they would be attacked and just see themselves as no different to the survivors, This system will break the immersion for such players who consider themselves as neutral and independent.

Not only that but it could force them to fight players they might not ordinarily have to, as they now have a towel on their head which indicates that it's ok to shoot them on sight, even though that would make them just as guilty as the supposed 'bandit' because they did exactly the same thing as them.. This could increase conflict.. Not that that's necessarily a bad thing.

But you're trying to force people to play a role that they might not want to play, and you are assuming their intentions behind player killing based on a flawed notion that they obviously would want their faces to be hidden.

Players shouldn't have the games ideals forced on to them, i thought that was exactly the trend this game was meant to buck..

Anyway that's my opinion on the matter.. What it actually looks like is a less important issue in my view

This guy .. really? lol thats the biggest crock of shit I have ever hered

I dont understand why they would implement it again. If your a thief you do not run around dressed in a black ski mask with other thief attire in public. Same goes for murderers.

What public!? Its the fu$%#& apocalypse DERRRR

Love the change, also love the tears in this thread by certain bandits. From some of the reactions, you can really spot the ones that are thinking "Awww man, now people will shoot at me? If I knew that would happen I wouldn't have killed so many newbies for their bandages."

I have nothing against banditry, I've engaged in it myself a few times, but if you just murder newbies and Alt+F4 at the first sign of trouble it's not banditry, in my humble opinion. :D

• Like 2

Eh how can people moan that a bandit wearing a towel on there head is "breaking the realism" when every surviver on the game dresses in exactly the same way? lets face it thats not exactly realistic either but i dont see anyone moaning about that.....

Edited by Luke688
  • Like 1

Though the bandit skins returning are a welcome addition, there still bugged!

I killed a player in a bandit skin and got a murder, for some reason players have the skin at 0 humanity all though classed as a survivor

ITT: Bandits so mad because they can't say friendly and then shot you in the back anymore.

Edited by nonfactor

wow, what a step backward..

some days I like murdering

some days I help out strangers and play that game

having a giant ''shoot me" sign on me is fucking retarded

• Like 1

You're not being stopped from doing these things. You choose to murder, you choose the skin, all it means is you'll have to work harder to convince newbies you want to help that you are friendly.

Edit: After seeing the douchebaggery you got up to in your sig videos, cry me a river. :D

Edited by Ulfhedjinn
  • Like 3

Why are we backpedaling? I'm just, I don't know, I'm just curious. Guess when you cry about something enough...

Rocket has always clearly stated that if something is removed or added it doesn't make it permenant. That's why were testing the mod, to see the effects of different things.

In my opinion, it is a very bad idea to force a certain look on to players.. Not only is it less authentic and immersive, but it also significantly decreases the attachment a player can form with the character.

If it is not your player with your personal style and tastes, then it is just a generic avatar which makes you more conscious of the seperation. It doesn't feel like your character at all.. Just a skin you've had forced on to you.

That's why this system is a bad idea in my opinion.

Maybe players don't want to wear a towel on their heads or hide their identity just because they have killed people.. Maybe they were afraid they would be attacked and just see themselves as no different to the survivors, This system will break the immersion for such players who consider themselves as neutral and independent.

Not only that but it could force them to fight players they might not ordinarily have to, as they now have a towel on their head which indicates that it's ok to shoot them on sight, even though that would make them just as guilty as the supposed 'bandit' because they did exactly the same thing as them.. This could increase conflict.. Not that that's necessarily a bad thing.

But you're trying to force people to play a role that they might not want to play, and you are assuming their intentions behind player killing based on a flawed notion that they obviously would want their faces to be hidden.

Players shouldn't have the games ideals forced on to them, i thought that was exactly the trend this game was meant to buck..

Anyway that's my opinion on the matter.. What it actually looks like is a less important issue in my view

I personally don't Bandit.

But I agree it is a bad idea. Rocket removed this for all the right reasons, to create tension and mistrust.

It will also create a sense of trust for fresh players...that aren't. It is highly possible now for a smart bandit crew to keep their high tier players hidden and a prospect/bitch player to spawn fresh characters under the pretense that other players will trust them because of the skin not being a bandit.

Ultimately though bandit skin or not, everyone should know to not trust anyone.

I liked the heartbeat banditry system that was introduced, seemed relatively realistic to me.

Edited by Banicks

From another thread, my opinion on the matter:

Maybe rocket is doing this: at a particular humanity level you will receive the first bandit skin then maybe soon there will be a second (better) one at another humany level and so on. Same thing for high humanity survivors.

At the moment not showing the backpack is a great advantage.

I hate the standard survivor skin and this is a most welcome feature coming back.

Edited by Andrej Dudev

you can still do both. If you administer bloodpacks once in a while it will help restore your humanity.

Im not complaining that its stopping me from doing anything. Though I just cant wait to be shot by noobs spouting 'bandit!! die bandit!!' even after I had the drop on them and called out friendly. Oh how Ive missed that. Its a retarded mechanic that reduces the atmosphere to simple good vs bad with the possibility of depth, as opposed to mystery all the time. Its a feature to appease the carebears, and it fucking sucks. I was glad to see it go, and it has been fun playing not knowing who to trust...