TheMachine

Bandit skin is awesome

Bandit skins = Live by the sword, die by the sword. Excellent addition to the game.

• Like 1

I honestly don't understand the issue.

Everyone came in here crying "EVERYONE KILLS ON SIGHT" and now bandits are worried about being shot on sight?

A lot of derpin going on up in this thread.

I honestly don't understand the issue.

Everyone came in here crying "EVERYONE KILLS ON SIGHT" and now bandits are worried about being shot on sight?

A lot of derpin going on up in this thread.

Not complaining about the firefights. I live for those in the game. That is why I play. The sense of realism is gone. Now, when some twerp sees me, he will auto DC because he knows that his time is for sure limited.

It also takes away from realism. Now you know that I will engage before I actually do. Whereas, before, you didn't know for sure.

I hope you shoot at me, that snap or whirl gets me going. It also makes me feel just a tad bit less badly about killing you (jk, I never feel bad - it is a video game, you dummies).

• Like 1

What I think is funny is that people think that a bandit skin is going to change something.

It won't.

Oh, it will. As a survivor I have never killed another player. But now I'll be far more likely to kill a bandit because I know they CHOSE to become one.

Today We Learned...

Bandits claim to love PvP...but are actually horrified at the possibility.

• Like 1

Is there still a survivor skin you can pick up and wear after wearing another skin? If so this just gives bandits more options, and I like it. I'm a survivor but I like knowing who I don't have to shoot right away

I wonder if some of you have played this game...

Yes, your character is customizable (face/glasses/beard)

Yes, there is a mouseover heartbeat on bandits already.

At least both of those were true in the last few patches, not sure of the current patch. Anyway, I came on board just before bandit skins were removed. I remember being able to halfway trust some people that looked the same as I did and people were more friendly. After removal, noone trusted noone and it was shoot on site for everyone that has a decent weapon. Seriously, if you're in a ghillie with a DMR, and you see a guy with an enfield running right at you, wouldn't you murder him because there was no trust? Now there is a reason not to. If you want to play as a bandit, then murder him. But if you don't, then now you have at least some reason to trust him.

It seems the people that choose banditry don't like it because it's harder to fool someone into trusting you. But if you play smart and with patience, you can stay out of the bandit skin and it will then be easier for people to trust you. Or you can continue to mow people down like you have been doing and nothing changes.

How about giving special skin for people with high humanity. Like some sort of lawnman :) Perhaps giving them humanity boost when they kill a bandit (and severe humanity penalty for killing neutral/good guys). This would help nice guys to team up if thats your preferable playing style.

Rocket never said Humanity and skins depending on it weren't the way to go, actually he pretty much said the contrary: That he would get rid of it because it was unfinished.

I don't know about you but "unfinished feature" kinda sounds like he was planning on finishing it later.

How is it backpedaling? Removing a flawed system and attempting to implement a better system is not backpedaling. Maybe we should try out the changes before passing judgement?

Oh, I guess if Rocket said that, it must mean character morphing isn't completely stupid. The game shoots for a level of realism, and you can bring up all the things in the game that counter the level of realism to begin with, but REALISTICALLY, I doubt a man's compulsion to wear a turban goes up with his murder count. Listen, I'm ONE-HUNDRED% behind trying new features, and the humanity feature is something that has huge potential and they ARE in the right direction. But something a little more subtle would be perfect, imho (something that you may not notice at first but say, the bandit decides to let you tag along before they kill you and--Oh, no! There you see it, the tell-tale sign! At which point you either lay into the guy with your axe or run).

• Like 1

so they took KSK headwear and attached it to PMC model.. okay sounds interesting. surprized that rocket finaly decided to bring humanity system back and i'm very glad he did so. for all these people who actually whine about having bandit skins don't worry: you asked for pvp - you got it.

To the people complaining about realism: How real is it that everybody used the same character model? This is the same thing

And you obviously don't care much for the gameplay aspect of it, because it is far superior.

The biggest reason I can see for bandits bitching about the skin is because they have lost a deadly tactic, anonymity. No longer can they hide amongst the sheep, they have been unmasked for the wolves that they are. The hunters can now become the hunted, game on.

• Like 2

Just updated and I was a bandit with -107660 humanity, found some civilian clothes in a tent, BAM I'm an angel with humanity of +350.... not a bandit anymore lol

Not complaining about the firefights. I live for those in the game. That is why I play. The sense of realism is gone.

It also takes away from realism.

Sure is strange that you confere so much "realism power" to a piece of cloth when the game is literally screwed from duping items, duping bodies, corpses firing rays of glitch, ankward gravity, hackers with teleport/morphing/god-like powers, auto-refilling magazines, the ability to put a 1,5 meters rifle inside a little backpack, the ability to recover from bullet holes just by eating a piece of grilled meat, the ability to heal a broken leg with a morphine injection.

If you are so much realism-concerned then you should already commited a virtual suicide due to all those realism breaking things.

The irony (really?) here is that you really don't care about realism, you are only worried that you lost your anonymity so it will be hard to kill everyone/trick noobs.

Yes, I know I don't have any clue about what's on your mind but from what you posted you sure are screaming this.

Edited by Andrej Dudev
  • Like 1

To those who actually play DayZ:

Why are you hung up on your skin affecting "realism" and "Immersion" when there are far more pressing issues that affect the realism and Immersion than cosmetics:

I.E: proning over a rock will break your legs SO REAL, or doors can kill you instantly THE IMMERSION IS INTENSE, or the lake behind Factory sucking players in and not spitting them out QUICKSAND RIGHT GUYS, or the extreme hacker problem WHAT HACKERS I'VE NEVER SEEN ONE.

This is a game about surviving, not a fashion show. If you can't get yourself immersed in the game's survival atmosphere PLAY A DIFFERENT GAME

Edited by Chims

ugly as hell, and i don't look like a old man even with camo clothing, and if i put a camo and civil again i lose my ugly mask... bad, bad feature

But something a little more subtle would be perfect, imho (something that you may not notice at first but say, the bandit decides to let you tag along before they kill you and--Oh, no! There you see it, the tell-tale sign! At which point you either lay into the guy with your axe or run).

Up until now, that 'subtle sign' would have been the second you had before they either aimed and fired or ran at you with an axe... obviously player ingame behaviour isnt going to change too drastically (survivors will still be bandits), but having it shoved in your face the second you spot someone is disappointing

Edited by _Profile_Shame

Just updated and I was a bandit with -107660 humanity, found some civilian clothes in a tent, BAM I'm an angel with humanity of +350.... not a bandit anymore lol

This is interesting, only with a feature like this is this change redeemable - its essentially swapping out blood on your hands / clothes from close combat for the bandit headscarf.. so its logical, if you can remove it through the action of changing clothes (as opposed to performing charitable acts... such a foreign gameplay device in a game meant to be void of that, an 'antigame' ... anyone remember that?)

Also, people arguing their point off the comparison between hacks, exploits etc not getting attention for being bad while bandit skin is hated fail to recognise that hacks and exploits arent part of the game design

Edited by _Profile_Shame

I'm no bandit. I hate killing other players other than if they try to kill me. However, I hate the bandit system. It ruins the gameplay for me. No longer will I get the rush of wondering if this person is bad or good and choosing whether or not to team up/kill, (which is a huge aspect of the game for me). Bandit skins removes the challenge the game brought on EVERYONE. Now all it does is forces one type of player to work harder (i.e. increasing humanity) rather than EVERYONE working hard to survive. I'm a complete noob. I barely play games and even I would prefer removing the bandit system. DayZ has got me into gaming because of it's unique gameplay. Every other game has a 'good' and 'bad' indicator. DayZ didn't and that's what made it awesome.

So i loged in today while in ghillie to see i have -10k humanity em i a bandit ? i only have 32zombies killed and 0murders 0 bandits killed O.o

If I find a Ghillie I wear the Ghillie. I am not a bandit and not a sniper. So what?

if you find a ghillie, you wear the ghillie. We shoot the ghillie. That's what.

• Like 1

I have to say that I really don't like the new system at all.

It's too "good vs. evil". Trying to force a stereotype or a style of gameplay on someone just because they've had a few murders seems silly. I personally don't care since I always act as though everyone else is KoS in the first place, but I think it's a step in the wrong direction. The idea that anyone you meet could either be a murderous psychopath or a guardian angel was part of what made the tension so great in this game, especially when you first saw someone else. It was the absense of stereotypes and "classes" that really helped me get into it, to be honest.

While this isn't game breaking for me, I really don't like the way it's implimented. Still, might cut down on the tons of threads of people whining about being tricked..... Maybe.

• Like 1