Sign in to follow this  
Nickprovs

If you're going to ambush me, land your shots. (Bandit at the NW Airfield)

Seriously. With the recent patch, it's even more eerie to hold your fire, which I did until I was shot at.

There was some chance involved. If I had looked left first I would have been done. However, I thought I made the best of a bad situation instead of doing a panic abort.

I'd never have left the building. Bandits are impatient. You lost the real advantage when you walked into his trap, even knowing.

The Bandit would likely have only waited a minuet or two before getting bored and entering himself. Counter ambush, no broken leg.

Nice video

Is there a bug in DayZ that you cannot shoot through windows/wooden doors or what?

Vanilla Arma II has no problem with that.

Is there a bug in DayZ that you cannot shoot through windows/wooden doors or what?

Vanilla Arma II has no problem with that.

Its sketchy. Some windows you can fire through, some windows are bullet proof until broken, some are apparently considered brick walls.

you should have died there. i know i would've finished you off if that were me.

Looks more like lag.. took him like a full second to react to you coming outside of the door.

He was waiting way too close for me, really.

Why make it easy to see him? Could have waited in the industrial buildings or the forest and as you cautiously came out just rattled you.

Looks to me like De-sync saved you, took him a full second after u exited until he fired, and he didn't adjust his aim to u walking around him.

I'd say u got lucky and De-sync was your ally in this firefight. Good vid!

I would have sprinted out, turned around and killed him... most of the time when they are sitting and aiming at a door like that they are in ironsights mode so sprinting just confuses them if theyre close.

Killed a few bandits like that when leaving a building (knowing they were there of course, if i dont know theyre there, i usually die :P )

the glory of arma net code...

oh and yeah you can shoot through windows