rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.2.5 Rolling Update

Well... What can I say... Ever since the update I finally thought the glitches were gone. I was wrong.. Bad enough the glitches persist, I spawned on the coast for some reason and was very confused. Just as I took a few steps out of the coast I Got my head blown off by a sniper. Lost my M16A2 M203, M9, Camo Clothing and everything else I had (Beans, drinks, compass, map etc.). I am not crying, Im just saying what bugs currently ruin the gameplay of me and my fellow Survivors and I would be glad if Rocket would attend to this. BTW, Rocket I think the artifacting may be either caused by some kind of loot or as I read from one guy It may be because the black body bags are mixing with the dead soldier corpses or something :D. Anyway, Good luck on fixing them Rocket, Im looking forward to playing DayZ once these are fixed and I hope none of the players here run into the same bad luck as I did. Good luck, Rocket. :)

Edited by Mr.Fraven

Rocket please fix the issue when the server crashes you get randomly respawned on the coast ... or if you get stuck on a perma load screen and have to crash client manually you get put back on the coast very annoying to run 35 min to get back to your camp area 2 times a playing session.

I know this sounds retarded, as I'm not exactly 'tech savvy' where do I copy the Hotfix files?

Have a look on OP.

Setting Video Memory to default with both resolutions set as native seems to have worked for me. I have checked both NWAF and Stary tonight and all seems fine. I have a NVidia GTX 470 with latest drivers, Intel i7 950, 6GB Ram. Running DayZ v1.7.2.5 with the latest beta patch (95913). I've tried messing with all the other graphics options and this is the thing that has fixed it for me. Hope this helps you find out what is happening and that it works for others!!

• Like 1

i Fix this glitchis by me(and others) to set graphic to default and back(works for me at 95%) and one other...

THIS IS SOMETHING LIKE CHEAT IN NORMAL GAME(NOT HERE!!):

Just press left SHIFT and MINUS(on NUMLOCK) and then type FLUSH(flush...no capslock) game *flush* your memory(go black screen for couple of seconds) and tadaaa...no glitches(works for me always)

The "Setting Video Memory Fix" and flushing is only temporary. If I restart the game, the Graphical glitches & bugs are back! They are also back if I played maybe for an hour BUT only if I were previously in a completely different area than the Airfield (or some other military area) and went back to this area.

I have test it on the NW-Airfield: When I got there, massive Graphical bugs/glitches all over my Screen, than i set "Video Memory" to "Normal" (before it was on "default") and after the little loading screen the Graphical bugs/glitches are still there!

I changed it back to "default" and the glitches are gone! (I think this is the same as "flush")

After this I ran to Lopatino->Vybor and back to NW-Airfield...BAAAM...Graphical bugs/glitches are back!

All these workaround are only temporary.

Running DayZ 1.7.2.5 with ArmA2:OA Beta 95913 (Retail Versions) on Win7 and a GTX560Ti.

Edited by J0K2

Wtf Rocked ? Still got this shit on my screen.....fail.

Edited by gfl666

The "Setting Video Memory Fix" and flushing is only temporary. If you I restart the game, the Graphical glitches & bugs are back! They are also back if you I played maybe for an hour BUT only if you I were previously in a completely different area than the Airfield (or some other military area) and went back to this area.

I have test it on the NW-Airfield: When I got there, massive Graphical bugs/glitches all over my Screen, than i set "Video Memory" to "Normal" (before it was on "default") and after the little loading screen the Graphical bugs/glitches are still there!

I changed it back to "default" and the glitches are gone! (I think this is the same as "flush")

After this I ran to Lopatino->Vybor and back to NW-Airfield...BAAAM...Graphical bugs/glitches are back!

All these workaround are only temporary.

Running DayZ 1.7.2.5 with ArmA2:OA Beta 95913 (Retail Versions) on Win7 and a GTX560Ti.

I replaced all your "you's" with "I's". The fixes (or work arounds) I posted have been permanent for me. Town to town, back to towns. Different servers. It worked for me.

You should only speak for yourself.

Edited by playZ

You should only speak for yourself.

You're right!

I've changed it. ;)

BTW: Excuse my not quite perfect english. My major language is german. :)

• Like 2

I noticed that a lot of people have failed to mention what drivers they're running. Anyone who doesn't have the absolute latest graphics drivers for their respective cards, and is having the graphical glitches still, might try updating drivers as well.

After the patch, I was still having occasional glitch-nightmare flare-ups, while my friend has so far had none; I have an EVGA GTX 580, he a 570. The only other difference was that I was running 296.10, and he had the latest NVIDIA drivers (301.something?). After I updated as well, I played for 2+ hours without a single glitch, and I definitely was in areas where it would have been happening previously. Perhaps it will come back with a vengeance, but it appears to be fixed thus far.

Just something to consider and try if you haven't already...

Since this has been released ALOT of people have been spawning on the coast repeatedly after logging out...its in the Bug report forums and no one has responded..please give us an idea of whats going on.. thanks =)

glitches as hell on NW-Airfield, no screens at the moment, tomorrow i will pick some screens. but i think some trees make the problems, the trees look very funny.

(i play first time on brand new win7 x64 at the moment but it seems that fraps (free version) doesn't work - tomorrow i will make some screens with fraps on the xp install)

me : beta 95883

server : beta 95883

tomorrow i will try the new beta 95913

Edited by Messad

I dont know if anyone ells is getting this problem, but whenever i switch servers all of my gear in primary or main inventory and secondary inventory get erased i mean like food and primary ammo / bandages and secondary ammo. any help?

I can't play. all of my friends have lost interest because we have lost a total of 7 autos and 4 full tens worth of gear due to the hive sucking dickhole. tents and autos are pretty damn important to a lot of people, but hey it's not my community.

Since this has been released ALOT of people have been spawning on the coast repeatedly after logging out...its in the Bug report forums and no one has responded..please give us an idea of whats going on.. thanks =)

I had the same problem along with all the stuff in my main and secondary inventory disappear after leaving the game, nothing in my bag is gone at all but even after joining the same server all my gear disappears :/ any help?

1+ million players and you haven't figured out that updating on the weekend is a BAD FUCKING PLAN?!? For as smart as you are, you surely are retarded. Get a clue man, you'll be your own undoing.

1+ million players and you haven't figured out that updating on the weekend is a BAD FUCKING PLAN?!? For as smart as you are, you surely are retarded. Get a clue man, you'll be your own undoing.

Rocket promised 1.7.2.5 on the 1st of August. It was delayed and was later decided to move straight to 1.7.3

Then he simply decided to release the patch on Friday afternoon because today and the whole week he's at Gamescon 2012 so the patch (in whatever state it was) would have been delayed for *at least* another week.

He most likely had absolutely no intention on fixing any issue this week, no matter how serious they were.

rocket = publicity > keeping promises

Edited by mariush

I don't think Rocket has ever released a patch when he said he would, and for the last 4 or so patches his fixes have failed to change anything. All he ever does is add more bugs to his already buggy mod. I wish someone competent was in charge of DayZ.

People..if you want to be of help you should consider including the following info with your post

1. Details about display and video memory info from your system

2. Details about video settings you are using in ARMA2

3. Details about game performance

Edited by playZ

Reference my post on page 64 or so for a hearty dose of ranting and more in-depth response to your ignorant bullshit. Rocket and his team are working at the pace they choose on a -free- game that we all enjoy playing, and that he wants to eventually make money on. If he's trying to make money on it, it wouldn't make sense for him to dawdle, would it? Stop acting like you know better and chill the actual fucking fuck out. Post lists of your system specs, video settings, and screenshots of glitches you encounter. If you don't know how, let everyone else do it and complain to your mother through your cell phone, not to us.

It will be fixed when it is fixed; no one has a magic button for this kind of stuff. These are not "fake" patches; this one worked for about a dozen people I know personally and many of the people posting here. However, it didn't work for others. That's what happens in an Alpha mod that's being tested by literally a million people with up to a million different system configurations.

TL;DR

Calm down.

the reason why people are bitching so much is because they actually care about this game and they want a fix yes we under stand that rocket is working at his own pace and all but you would think they would throw out reverts back to previous patches and make it playable and bearable to play so we can keep playing until the patch is ready

Edited by Synapse

People..if you want to be of help you should consider including the following info with your post

1. Details about display and video memory info from your system

2. Details about video settings you are using in ARMA2

3. Details about game performance