rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.2.5 Rolling Update

Well those that say that it's fixed well it can seem that way but give it a day or two and they will be back, perhaps even less so!

This update didn't do squat, in some situations made it far far worse :(

Balota airfield for example is unvisitable

Double checked my versions of days and arma 2 both correct and updated and still getting the graphic glitches on all the 1.7.2.5 servers I've tried (been logging in and out near Balota).

Specs:

WIndows XP Pro 32

4Gb Ram (only 3gb available)

ATI Radeon 5750 (Sapphire) 1gb mem

Directx 9.0c

Edited by Liqsquid
  • Like 1

Think ill quit playing until the graphical glitches are fixed, I mean i love this game but i just can go to any decent military looting locations in the games present state. :(

• Like 2

This thread should be renamed "Hotfix Build 1.7.2.5 Trolling Update".

2 weeks waiting and :

- I'm stuck at loading screen (80% of the time)

- Artifacts still there (on Nividia 560Ti / CoreDuo 3.2Ghz)

- Tried to switch server, I was on the beach (with my stuff)

- Tried to switch server again, I was still on the beach (without ANY stuff)

- Moved myself near map center, had a break, reloged, I was on the beach...

Using manual DayZ install, latest ArMA beta and connected to servers with the same version.

Seriously, rocket..how can it be so hard to fix issues in a reasonable delay ?

Well, see you in 2 weeks for the next patch, and don't forget "woof woof " guys !

• Like 7

You forgot fixing the grahpical glitches... AGAIN

Flushing doesn't help, changing video settings doesnt help, going to windowed mode and back doesn't help and logging out and in doesn't help.

Edited by Spookz0r
  • Like 3

Just logged on to play and I'm having massive loading times, been waiting 30 minutes + and still on loading screen. Before the hotfix took about 1-5 minutes but could be a server problem I guess? I have tried several servers no luck getting in so far.

From my point of view, you have to wait longer only FOR creating new charatcer after death, if you are rejoining a server with alive character everything should load in max 5 min, if you see a loading stuck with white bar underneath use alt+f4 and change server / try connectiong again.

About graphic glitches, seems that some server have them some not, i personnaly saw few (but they disappeared after few moments ) in places like firehouse ( mb some player bodies stuck in the building ) or wires etc. I suggest that you should do a clean wipe of all items such sandbags bodies etc, and then see if problems disappeared. Maybe you should forbid placing wires, sandbags etc in buldings?

Edited by ProB'en

I am having problem loading this up?

Can someone help....

Installed update into @DayZ folder...DayZ commander says updated, updated six launcher, says 1.7.2.5, hit verify...then reverts back to 1.7.2.4?!

What am I doing wrong? >.<

AJ

6 updater is interfering. You need to uninstall it completely (make sure to go in and get any files the uninstall missed). Then re-install the update manually. Don't reinstall 6 updater. just get rid of it. At least for now. Also try getting the update from a single file source as sometimes with torrents bits get corrupted. This worked for me....but I go through steam as well

This thread should be renamed "Hotfix Build 1.7.2.5 Trolling Update".

Well said, it was what three weeks since previous patch?, and nothing was actually fixed lol!. Glad he's put it as an alpha atleast ;)

• Like 2

Just updated but I'm not going to bother even trying to get on after reading this.

Side not for Rocket. When you have an issue as bad as the current gfx glitches you don't wait a few weeks to put a patch out, you hotfix it (hot meaning it was fast) and you exclude all other changes, planned or otherwise from the hotfix. Take it or leave it but as I see that big player counter adding thousands of players who will all be greeted by this critical bug I can't help but wonder what you're thinking.

Edited by Trauma
  • Like 3

Out of morbid curiosity. Have any of the people still getting graphical issues actually turned off AA in the game? It completely cleared it up for me on 1.7.2.4 . I will double test this again when I get home and Fraps the video and upload to you-tubes....

So I am clear as to the setting I am refering too, Not Atoc, not anistropic-filtering

, but anti-aliasing filter.

Edited by Djestr

Why do people rag on Rocket....you don't have enough humility to entertain the possibility the problem is on your end? Or just accept it for what it is, even if that is imperfect. Don't ask me!!

But ragging on ZRocket??? Really?? The guys probably on the verge of nervous breakdown by now. Give him a break.

Edited by playZ
  • Like 1

Why do people rag on Rocket....you don't have enough humility to entertain the possibility the problem is on your end? Don't ask me!!

But ragging on ZRocket??? Really?? The guys probably on the verge of nervous breakdown by now. Give him a break.

I just hope Rocket doesn't take the "Oh, I am not getting any artifacts therefore you must be doing something wrong" arguments from some of the posters on this thread as the absolute fact for everybody. Because I know I've done everything right as far as getting everything updated. I manually updated both DayZ and Arma 2 OA, plus I made sure to play on several updated servers just to make sure I wasn't the one at fault for the graphical issues. Hopefully we don't have to wait another 2+ weeks to see another attempt at fixing these horrible graphical bugs...for everybody I mean.

• Like 1

wooow great work Rocket and team! Updated with Dayz Commander and everthing works just fine! No graphical glitches at NWA, Zed speed slightly decreased and the animation works too. Although recognized that animals are running away from me now!! :)

and the most important: loading is awesome fast!!!!!!

sure this needs more testing but imo this works

thx for that

edit:: one question: is the clothing you can find removed? because it depends on Humanity now???

Edited by Kriecher

Nice, didn't have any graphical glitches yet. However one strange thing happened: I found a Ghillie suit and put it on. The minute i put it on my Alice Pack turned into Patrol Pack...

Is it a bug/glitch or part of the game?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

I just hope Rocket doesn't take the "Oh, I am not getting any artifacts therefore you must be doing something wrong" arguments from some of the posters on this thread as the absolute fact for everybody. Because I know I've done everything right as far as getting everything updated. I manually updated both DayZ and Arma 2 OA, plus I made sure to play on several updated servers just to make sure I wasn't the one at fault for the graphical issues. Hopefully we don't have to wait another 2+ weeks to see another attempt at fixing these horrible graphical bugs...for everybody I mean.

I'm sure he's not disbelieving the folks who are still getting glitches. And I'm sure hes working on it. But jesus man the guy is under alot of pressure at the moment and hes doin his best. So at the very least just accept it for what it is...imperfect.

I'm not saying YOU did it but i see alot of posts where people are like ..."really???...we wait two weeks for this shit?? WTF man??".

To those people....Go To Your Room!!!!

• Like 1

Out of morbid curiosity. Have any of the people still getting graphical issues actually turned off AA in the game?

Good question. Been playing since May, and I've never encountered these glitches - seen them on plenty of vids though - and always wondered why. I'd never run in-game AA until the recent addition of PPAA (using SMAA/normal currently). You might be onto something.

2600K/GTX680 (305.53 beta drivers) OCZ Vertex 3 SSD

Nice, didn't have any graphical glitches yet. However one strange thing happened: I found a Ghillie suit and put it on. The minute i put it on my Alice Pack turned into Patrol Pack...

Is it a bug/glitch or part of the game?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

That's been an issue since 1.7.2.3 or maybe 1.7.2.4, put yr pack down before changing clothing sets ;)

My actual post:

Why do people rag on Rocket....you don't have enough humility to entertain the possibility that the problem is on your end? Or just accept it for what it is, even if that is imperfect. Don't ask me!!

What Topper quoted me as saying:

.you don't have enough humility to entertain the possibility that the problem is on your end?

lol :lol:

Why didn't you quote the entire post...then laugh at it? You think it's cool that jerks are ragging on Rocket when it quite possible

they haven't updated all their files correctly?....IT"S A POSSIBILITY. And even if the models are still broken..the guy is trying...so show a little appreciation and patience....jerk

Edited by playZ

I think the release management is wrong. I think you have to see bugfixes and new features as two seperate things. Use the major versions to introduce new stuff AND bugfixes. Use the minor versions for your bugfixes only.

Anyway, there must be a solution for those graphical glitches. So goodluck finding it ;-)