rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.2.5 Rolling Update

I updated manually (deleted all dayz mod and beta folders and re-installed using 1.7.2.5 and beta 95819 because Six is doing something wrong and installing 1.7.2.4 and the latest beta for me).

Still got the horrible artefacts at Balota airfield, only method that works for me is to restart game, which almost always gets rid of them for the time being. All fiddling with -flush or gfx settings only ever increases the amount of glitching for me.

Point is, there is still a problem.

And my point is that not everyone is having issues, just like you are saying not everyone is having ZERO problems like myself.

Before non of the graphics settings changes worked for me, NON, but doing this from the main menu directly after the arma2 beta install worked perfectly for me. I dont think itll work for everyone but its working fine for me.

30+ servers ive joined and not one graphics issue at NW airfeild or Stary (when last night I had a shitload at those two places).

Obviously some people are still having issues and some are not.

From what I saw and was able to test. Initially had graphic glitches, switched my vid memory and that fixed them in Cherno and had no glitching there after that. Headed to balota and graphical glitches all around. Was able to look at the mil bodies just fine, but graphical glitches seemed to be coming from something else. Tents maybe? Was hard to tell other than the bodies weren't giving them off.

Edit: Running the latest beta patch and ati 5700 series graphics card

Edited by BlindProphet

And my point is that not everyone is having issues, just like you are saying not everyone is having ZERO problems like myself.

Before non of the graphics settings changes worked for me, NON, but doing this from the main menu directly after the arma2 beta install worked perfectly for me. I dont think itll work for everyone but its working fine for me.

30+ servers ive joined and not one graphics issue at NW airfeild or Stary (when last night I had a shitload at those two places).

Obviously some people are still having issues and some are not.

I'm confused, are we having an argument? I never denied the fact that there are people who aren't experiencing this problem ^_^ just that the problem still exists.

I am very tired right now so forgive me if I've got the wrong idea lol

Awesome now i can head to green mountain and see what all the ruckus is about

Edited by Lord Sloth

Don't mention that mountain.. no good can come from there. D:

Edited by Cyanyde
  • Like 2

Sadly we will see no further posts from this individual.

At least, as a a sane person.....

• Like 1

Sadly we will see no further posts from this individual.

At least, as a a sane person.....

lol

Disregard, a corrupted dpownload somewhere. all good now.

Thanks Rocket & co for all your hard work.

Edited by Slyder

Guys it cool if you want to help with the debugging. I'm sure everyone's probably sick of saying this but please post them at the debug monitoring system that rocket has posted just about everywhere. I will say that it sucks six updater is really hard to work with when you would like to test the new versions of DayZ but it chooses to be a stubborn bugger with manual updating XD !

There is some undocumented changes also for the lulz

If you now Alt F4 you have a bright red clown suit as a skin until you die.

PLEASE tell me this is true. This would complete DayZ.

One could wish lol. false alarm its not true.

People are going to kill me. I have updated to 1.7.2.5 on Six Launcher but it still says 1.7.2.4 when i go to join my hive server thats on 1.7.2.5 it says the server is outdated. What do i do?

Still getting graphics glitches from bodies at bolota airfield and they are even more hardcore than they used to be, here is an album with like 4 shots of what it was doing. I used the flush command and it stopped but it still shouldn't be happening and yes I installed the new update correctly every single file. I'm no computer noob :)

http://imgur.com/a/ZGIXX

First manual update for me....I unpacked rar to steam\steamapps\common\arma2OA\@DayZ\addons. In game version still shows 1.7.2.4

And I can join those games.....can't join any 2.5

Im launching through sixLauncher. Any suggestions?

If you have steam version why are you launching through six launcher? Non of my friends who use six updater can play on any of the new version servers (even if they update it manually like you did).

Still getting graphics glitches from bodies at bolota airfield and they are even more hardcore than they used to be, here is an album with like 4 shots of what it was doing. I used the flush command and it stopped but it still shouldn't be happening and yes I installed the new update correctly every single file. I'm no computer noob :)

3 zeds.

If you have steam version why are you launching through six launcher? Non of my friends who use six updater can play on any of the new version servers (even if they update it manually like you did).

IDK because I do. But even when I launch through steam it still says 1.7.2.4

am I missing some step?

Edited by playZ

RE: Graphical Glitches

Prior to the update, I did not have the same issues most people seemed to be having.

Updated all mod files to 1.7.2.5

Updated to the latest OA Beta (95883)

Entering Berezino from the NW - blinded by graphical artifacts and my FPS immediately dumped to about 5 fps.

This new issue appears to be caused by Tank Traps.

Edited by EliJRn
  • Like 1

People are going to kill me. I have updated to 1.7.2.5 on Six Launcher but it still says 1.7.2.4 when i go to join my hive server thats on 1.7.2.5 it says the server is outdated. What do i do?

SixLauncher afaik doesn't upgrade to 1.7.2.5 yet, what it did was downloading and applying the beta patch to your game. As the first post says, you have to download and put dayz manually in the proper folder.

IDK because I do. But even when I launch through steam it still says 1.7.2.4

am I missing some step?

Six Updater was giving me issues a month ago with the new patches,etc.. so I just deleted that crap, nothign but problems for me when it comes to DAYZ.

All I do is update arma2 beta and dayz updates manually (put the days files in the @dayz folder under steam/arma2/etc.. and then for arma2 beta after I install the exe I move the ao2.exe file from steam/arma2/expansion/beta and paste it into the main arma2 folder and replace it).

For my launch info I have it as "-mod=@dayz -nosplash"

You must have six updater fully uninstalled though or else it still says the wrong version.

With the steps above it says the newest version,etc... and works fine when joining the servers.

Me and 4 of my friends on steam who DONT have Six Updater are playing fine after updating manually. My other friends (around 10 or 12 of them) who use six updater are not able to join any of the newest update servers and it still says 1.7.2.4

For me and my other friedns not using SU it says 1.7.2.5

Edited by kozzy
  • Like 2

hardcore indeed

Great patch... was tired of those graphic glitches... good and bad re beartraps... will be more careful frolicking around the countryside at night..LOL... And being an ex tanker myself... are there any in the game we can find and drive... would be awesome to mow down a few zombies with... : ) or gate crash some campfire party....LOL..