rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.2.5 Rolling Update

it doesnt make it easy at all probably easy spotting your noob like ways. ive played arma for god knows how long and dayz for about three months the weapon didnt need changing and your a fuckwit if you think it did. your statement alone says you have never had the gun. bitterness never gets you anywhere little boy

I have played Arma and I have played DayZ and obtained plenty of L85 thermal scoped weapons. It is more or less a wallhack and takes very little skill.

I never liked the thermal scopes in normal/ace mod arma.

Sounds like someone is mad they lost their training wheels.

Fantastic update Rocket!! not only are the graphics glitches at Stary and NW airfield gone but I am loading into servers (that have the latest arma2 beat update and dayz update) MUCH faster! So far the times of servers have been as follows (13 seconds, 19 seconds, 31 seconds, 21 seconds and 23 seconds). Keep up the great work!!!!!!!

I can confirm there is now ZERO graphical glitches at NW Airfeild and Stary (where the tents are).

I have now joiend 5 different servers and none of them have the artifacts.

1. Download newest arma2 beta (make sure to move the .exe over to)

2. Download latest dayz file (replace all the files)

3. Join a server (graphics will probably still be there), leave the server and then go to main menu and change your overall graphics settings to something new and then put it back to what you usually have it on)

Doing those things worked for me. I would get unplayable grpahics glitches at those two places last night and for the last few weeks. Also when I first updated todays dayz update I had same glitches at NW Airfeild, I had to chance graphics settings and now its working perfectly (joined multiple servers, check out NW Airfield and Stary).

Edited by kozzy

Erm... What happened to "1.7.2.5 will not come out (it will be 1.7.3)"?

Edit: I'm not complaining, we all love updates, just being picky aha :D

This is just a 'Hot Fix' called 1.7.2.5 the full update they are working on is called 1.7.3 which is a much bigger update.

To those that say that removing the respawn was good, well you're wrong and I'll tell you why. Last night a D-bag teleported everyone on my server to the middle of nowhere in the ocean. Since I couldn't respawn, I had to wait 3 hours for my char to starve to death before I could play again. I'm sure there could be limitations put in place for respawning, like a limited frequency of maybe 1-2 times an hour. But removing it completely was just dumb. Games need stuck options. People get stuck. No stuck option and getting stuck = horseshit and it needs to be addressed.

I like how you talk, its like rocket and his team owe you something. Listen up, Rocket is working hard so you have the luxury of testing this mod before it becomes an actual game. Not everything is perfect.

• Like 3

Tents / Vehicles are not saving! The server that I was crashed (about 20 minutes after I saved my shits in it) and it disappeared! Any reason for that? in 1.7.2.4 wasn't with this problem.

Not sure if its allowed to post/ask it in here, but i hear some of u talk bout humanity and in some of your screenshots i see it aswell, but why dont i see my humanity in my debug monitor? (playing DayZ for like 3 weeks now)

No one lost anything. The "L85 is removed" post was a joke. All it proved is that 99% of you can't fucking read. So sad.

• Like 3

I like how you talk, its like rocket and his team owe you something. Listen up, Rocket is working hard so you have the luxury of testing this mod before it becomes an actual game. Not everything is perfect.

I wasn't talking like Rocket owe's me anything. I was talking like I was disagreeing with the people who think the respawn being gone is good when it's clearly not.

and in testing this game, this gentleman has managed to find a seriously broken feature that is further exploited by seriously broken anti cheat measures, at which point he did a pretty good job of outlining just why this is broken. guess what, people get frustrated when they have to waste their time due to broken mechanics. you tend to see that frustration come out in places such as forums. and keep in mind that if it weren't for the die hard testers, there would be no stand alone game coming to begin with. so while i hardly see his post as entitled, i'd say that's worth something.

@ Rocket (I hope you see this thru all the senseless NOISE lol)

Have you had a modeler do a close inspection of the assets causing the trouble? Could be unwelded vertexes or other modeling errors on a very small scale causing the trouble. I used to clean this sort of crap up for a living and I've untangled quite a few messy models.

Anyway, just some fresh food for thought in case it hasn't been considered

Keep up the great work, most engaging and innovative game I've played in a very long time

• Like 2

Still getting the gfx glitch at military tents in Berezino :(

Just updated using the torrent file, deleted my orginal dayz folder & replaced all teh files with the new ones. Tested on server Uk129

http://cloud.steampo...EC79FFF83B0609/

http://cloud-2.steam...09C46ABCDD69F8/

http://cloud-2.steam...0030A93E1E1659/

Not quite as bad as before, can get within say 200m before it starts to show

how do you display your GPU temp/load and fps like that?

Beta patch 95883

Runs much smoother and no graphical glitches.

Indeed...so far so good for me, too. I'm almost on two hours played with no graphical artifacts. For the sake of testing, I'll change the Video Memory to Very High and back to Default. I'm honestly hoping that this new beta has fixed the issue...

• Like 1

So is the six updater able to update and play. Its not a problem if i cant find a server ill find one eventually, night or day, empty or full Ill play it. Any knowledge would be great thanks.

hmm it seems im experiencing a lot of problems that might be due to not being able to update my beta (for some reason).

at least thats what i could understand after reading all the posts in here...

and the guide i found seemed very sketchy running a lot of scripts etc..

\\Wuggie

Rocket, now listen very closely.

I have played this mod that you're giving away for free, and I have decided that for whatever reason I am entitled to criticise you for making it available to me for free. After all, if someone for instance drops... for instance some food on the ground and I pick it up and eat it, and break my tooth. I would immediately rush and complain to them, visit their facebook page and stalk them and tell them how stupid they are for dropping substandard sandwiches.

I also have decided to tell you that your mod, is bad. I thought for five minutes whilst playing and I already know that this game that you've spent every day for the better part of a half year developing is going in the wrong direction. The reason why is that I don't like when I die too often, and when I can't feel uber and have to walk around and stuff. It is really annoying, you should probably give everyone... no, that would be stupid, you should give ME all the cool toys and weapons, and that would totally not be the same thing like what those script-kiddies are doing currently.

Also Rocket, if you plan on continuing making this bad, free mod that I decided to pick up and complain about - I will make sure I will tell you how bad you are for doing so. Because I myself completely fail at life and have nothing better to do than complain about people that actually accomplished something, because I really am jealous, especially ESPECIALLY if you make money doing something that you like. Because I didn't, oh... I will now download one of the hacks and cheat at this game, because HAHA, you can't catch me.

• Like 14

I can confirm there is now ZERO graphical glitches at NW Airfeild and Stary (where the tents are).

I have now joiend 5 different servers and none of them have the artifacts.

everything I'm about to say deals with my prior experience. I have not tested this patch:

the thing with the artifacts is they usually take time to show up. if I spawned near an area with them, I usually don't have them at all in that area. if I spawned somewhere else, and slowly made my way to an affected area, they would pop up

it seems it's gonna be hard to test if they're still there without playing for like 1hr+ on the same server, and visiting a few affected areas

Edited by daze23

apeople get frustrated when they have to waste their time due to broken mechanics. you tend to see that frustration come out in places such as forums

Dude...what time was wasted? Finding broken mechanics/code is the whole point. Getting frustrated over it in an alpha is beyond retarded, if you ask me.

Voicing one's opinion can be done without outrage, easily.

Seems like most of the servers in my list are running 1.7.2.5 now ... wonder when they will push it so Six Launcher updates to the new version.

Hey i dont know if anyone mentioned before, but at least camo suit is still buggy.

Equiped a camo suit and my alice pack turned into a patrol pack.

This also happened to me but with coyote pack

took you long enough dude....but thanks, for making my weekend fun.. :D

Edited by Allimania

Manually patched to 1.7.2.5, unable to join any 1.7.2.5 server, it just hangs on loading. Funnily enough I can still enter 1.7.2.4 servers just fine.

I have played Arma and I have played DayZ and obtained plenty of L85 thermal scoped weapons. It is more or less a wallhack and takes very little skill.

I never liked the thermal scopes in normal/ace mod arma.

fraid not mate no training wheels needed. wallhack your talking as much BS as the other guy. ive played arma for years pal ace and normal. its kit the acts pretty much like its very powerful real life counterparts (maybe a tad on distance but not by much). your just whinners if its that bad they would remove it from the game which it isnt. so deal with it. people please stop talking to me about this now im bored already.

Edited by harr0w

hi guys,

just registered here and wanna know what is the best method to patch dayz now ... already installed the newest AO beta patch, but i am not sure cause of so many different replies in this thread which method is the best ... is it a problem to use the dayz updater ?

regards