rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.2.5 Rolling Update

which beta patch are you on?

I know you didn't ask me directly but just to clarify I'm still running 95417 and everything is flawless at the moment.

• Like 2

Just saw someone get kicked by battleye for having a restricted script. Is this new? are we rid of hackers. I can only hope so.

1. Make sure you have installed correctly.
  2. Post your Beta patch and answer Yes or No to graphics glitch.

Simples.

Im no mod or dev or anything, but it almost seems worth the time to downgrade to 417 and try this patch if you are on the new beta.

I'll test every beta then I guess...someone has to do it. ^_^

EDIT: I'm not re-posting anything about 1.7.2.5 beta 95819. You can all scroll up to see the verdict on that...

EDIT 2: Launching 1.7.2.5 beta 95417 to see what all the fuss is about... :rolleyes:

Edited by TyRobot

Hi,

I update DayZ usually by using this website: http://se1.dayz.nu/l.....<br /><br />Usually there is a list of 7 rar files

But with this update there is only this DayZ-1.7.2.5.rar file. That is apparantly is going to take 3 hours?

Surely that can't be right for some fixes?

EDIT

In DayZ commander if I detect versions it says:

Filenames dont match expected.

Your version: 1.7.2.4

Slightly confused :P

Bro...manual is slower than molasses. That's why the torrent option is there. ALWAYS use the torrent.

To help take away your confusion, this time the RAR file available in the manual download area has all of the individual files included within it. That's why the manual download time is so much longer than normal and the file size is larger. With the manual download option you will be looking at about a two hour wait. Use the torrent and you'll be done in two to three minutes.

• Like 2

Im no mod or dev or anything, but it almost seems worth the time to downgrade to 417 and try this patch if you are on the new beta.

Yes I'm running the new patch.

1.7.2.5 + 95417 = completely flawless for me at the moment (knock on wood)

Our server DE 730 Is upto date now. I played and no more problems. I am going to NW Airfield again. Thanks greets Mike

Just saw someone get kicked by battleye for having a restricted script. Is this new? are we rid of hackers. I can only hope so.

that happens all the time to me and my friends when just joining or rejoining after restarting to try and fix graphical errors

or just at random :lol:

1. Make sure you have installed correctly.
  2. Post your Beta patch and answer Yes or No to graphics glitch.

Simples.

Why only post the Beta version? VSync on/off and Scene Complexity value allegedly affect these phenomena as well. Also, it might be relevant whether flushing helps and what kind of object is the cause for the specific artifacts the player experienxes.

There's loads more info to post, not so Simples.

Wouldn't even surprise me, if some (s o m e) peeps, reporting artifacts here, only use SU and are still on 1.7.2.4 without their knowledge...

Edited by Fector

Why only post the Beta version? VSync on/off and Scene Complexity value allegedly affect these phenomena as well. Also, it might be relevant whether flushing helps and what kind of object is the cause for the specific artifacts the player experienxes.

So, you know that Vsync and Video

We are basing our theory of beta influence on reading all 12 pages of this thread and seeing a trend in the people who have, and those who do not have the artifacts still.

I am not disputing the influence of those settings on this issue, but for now, all a few of us random folks were lookin at was a trend in beta version.

can any1 give me a guide how to update?? i think i did it wrong,six launcher still says that i have 1.7.2.4 and game does so...

Version: 1.7.2.5/95417 (downgraded for testing's sake)

VSync: On

Scene Complexity: 100,000

Video Settings: Very High

Still got artefacts on the few servers I could get into.

VSync: Off

Disabling VSync on a server that has given me artefacts before made them disappear.

Will investigate further with 95819 as there are more test servers available.

• Like 3

Wouldn't even surprise me, if some (s o m e) peeps, reporting artifacts here, only use SU and are still on 1.7.2.4 without their knowledge...

I have never used SU or the Commander program. I did a manual install and created the shortcut to run the game from the CMD as instructed in the manual install instructions on the DayZ wiki page. So I know for a fact I'm running 1.7.2.5.

Also, not sure how Vsync would affect things but I have Vsync OFF. I have it off in every game I own.

Two other things I have had disabled since starting to play DayZ are Shadow Detal and Postprocess Effects. Both are DISABLED.

So....1.7.2.5 + 95417 + Vsync, Shadow Detail, and Postprocess DISABLED = WIN for me

I just downgraded my beta from 95819 to 95417, and I still experienced the same artifacts and graphical issues. Regardless of the beta version, I have never experienced any graphical issue until DAYZ updated to 1.7.2.4. I hope this information is useful...

EDIT: As of now, I have tested every single beta from 95417 to 95819. I have tested all of these at the NWAF running the new 1.7.2.5 patch. I have nothing else to give you lol... :lol:

Edited by TyRobot
  • Like 1

We are basing our theory of beta influence on reading all 12 pages of this thread and seeing a trend in the people who have, and those who do not have the artifacts still.

I am not disputing the influence of those settings on this issue, but for now, all a few of us random folks were lookin at was a trend in beta version.

Exactly. The common thread as to whether it works or not so far seems to be beta patch.

Edit: or not, lol

Edited by Nyz

can any1 give me a guide how to update?? i think i did it wrong,six launcher still says that i have 1.7.2.4 and game does so...

http://www.dayzwiki.com/wiki/How_to_install_DayZ

Follow the step by step instructions on how to complete the manual install and create a shortcut to your desktop to run the game from the command prompt.

Leave Six Updater out of the equation. It's just one more thing to worry about.

Don't use SU yet.

Torrent the file in the op and unzip it.

Find your Arma2 OA folder (if Steam, it's something like steam->steamApps->common->Arma2 OA->@Dayz->Addons

Delete the content of this folder and move the unzipped files there.

Start your game via Launch Arma2 OA beta (in the Arma2 OA folder). If you have only used SU to launch so far, you probably have to go to Expansions, enable Dayz and restart the game.

Then you should be set.

Use the torrent and you'll be done in two to three minutes.

I'm using uTorrent and my downloads speeds are respectable. However this is taking a very long time to complete, ETA 3hrs. Why is this? Is there huge load on the server or just not enough seeds?

Disabling VSync on a server that has given me artefacts before made them disappear.

Try putting Video Memory to Default if you havent allready :)

Thank you for feeding my dying curiosity.