rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.2.5 Rolling Update

*faceplam* They are working with Arma 2... a 3 years old, low budget simulator WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU EXPECTING ?

Wait some time hes gonna fix everything just fucking wait.. people these days

low budget? hahahah, i dont think so little boy.

• Like 1

I would pay four hundred USD for the standalone, and i would also suck the intelligence and talent from the tip of Mr. Halls penis. No homo, trolls be damned. This patch however is rather troublesome.

Any news on the tents/vehicles issues with this patch?

Really surprised to see it went official, we rolled back less than 6 hours of trying it. We won't apply it again until the vehicle saving is fixed.

We don't particularly want to be playing a game where all progress is rolled back every server reset.

If I have missed a thread addressing this, then apologies, but is this been looked into? I have not seen a response from the dev team in any of the relevant threads.

Rocket can you give us some info on this please?

It would be nice to get an official update on what they are working on from the devs.

• Like 1

Seems like I remember reading an article that said one of the reason Rocket built this mod was for artistic reasoning and he liked the idea of people being pissed off and rage quiting over the style of play.. maybe this (ignoring the community) is another way for him to do that.. Seems legit.

Let me just say this. Why don't I get the graphical artifacts, but some of you do. You don't know right? Do you think rocket knows? It's going to take some time, this is a mod and we are alpha testers, we aren't customers. I know, we bought arma 2 combined operations, that doesn't entitle us to anything but the ability to play arma 2 combined operations.

There are plenty of other games out there to kill time. I'm sure you all have other games as well. Why don't you take some time off from DayZ, go have some fun, and come back when the patch is out.

Let me just say this. Why don't I get the graphical artifacts, but some of you do. You don't know right? Do you think rocket knows? It's going to take some time, this is a mod and we are alpha testers, we aren't customers. I know, we bought arma 2 combined operations, that doesn't entitle us to anything but the ability to play arma 2 combined operations.

There are plenty of other games out there to kill time. I'm sure you all have other games as well. Why don't you take some time off from DayZ, go have some fun, and come back when the patch is out.

500% increase in Arma 2 sales after Dayz released so I would happily say the majority of us bought Arma specifically for Dayz. Also, Rocket is being paid by Bohemia and who did we pay? Bohemia, so no the mod isn't as free as you make it seem.

Like I said, we KNOW IT'S A FUKNG ALPHA! So stop using "its an alpha" to protect the integrity of the game, its an old argument.

Finally let me say I love this game, it would just be nice to know what the developers are up to since we are all helping and giving our input to the development of the game. After all, this is the model they were going after.

Edited by C0LDKILL
  • Like 4

since there is a stand alone now must be time to work on it and leave the mod alone

since there is a stand alone now must be time to work on it and leave the mod alone

Quoted from Griff "There will be continued support for DayZMOD alongside DayZ game."

500% increase in Arma 2 sales after Dayz released so I would happily say the majority of us bought Arma specifically for Dayz. Also, Rocket is being paid by Bohemia and who did we pay? Bohemia, so no the mod isn't as free as you make it seem.

Like I said, we KNOW IT'S A FUKNG ALPHA! So stop using "its an alpha" to protect the integrity of the game, its an old argument.

Finally let me say I love this game, it would just be nice to know what the developers are up to since we are all helping and giving our input to the development of the game. After all, this is the model they were going after.

People like you just need to rage quit and leave this community...

FOR THE LAST TIME...YOU DID NOT PAY FOR DAYZ!!!

NOBODY TOLD YOU, FORCED YOU, OR MADE YOU BUY ARMA 2 CO (2 FULL GAMES) FOR A FREE MOD!!!

STOP BITCHING AND TRY PLAYING THOSE TWO GAMES YOU PURCHASED!!!

^Going to be my "new" signiture soon... :lol:

BTW: It IS an "Alpha" Mod...it can't be an "old" argument since it's STILL in its "Alpha" testing phase...DERP!

Edited by Ash712

of course i know how it works. why do you assume everyone is stupid? i was just saying it is in fact a game. i didnt say anything else.

and no, its not arma. its not just another mission. its a modified version of arma. same way there is arma, and armaII. different shit. just like most games-they come from another game that gets modified (both using the same engine) to create a different game. the only difference here is we got in before "stand alone". if you got into left4dead for example, the same CORE ENGINGE type problems existed. the general public didnt see that "mod" until it went "stand alone" and didnt see the same type of issues and didnt realize or know that was too a "mod". same with a large percentage of video games today.

the same basic principles apply whether its arma or not.

Think of it this way. DayZ isn't a RV mod, its an arma 2 mod.

Just like garrysmod is a hl2 mod, not a source mod. Now garrysmod isn't as buggy, the main two reasons are that hl2 modding isn't as difficult and it's been out a long time.

But look at that new zombie mod. I can't remember what it was called, but it gained some popularity. It wasn't a hl2 mod, it was a source engine mod, which means it was based of the ENGINE, not hl2. And besides, this is free, if he does this in the standalone, feel free to complain, but he is letting people play his free mod.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression rocket was contracted for arma III when dayz was released, and with how popular DayZ was and with how it boosted sales, they hired him.I'm making this assumption of a post rocket made somewhere about not being a bohemia employee. Edited by JESUSARIUS REX

Just like garrysmod is a hl2 mod, not a source mod. Now garrysmod isn't as buggy, the main two reasons are that hl2 modding isn't as difficult and it's been out a long time.

But look at that new zombie mod. I can't remember what it was called, but it gained some popularity. It wasn't a hl2 mod, it was a source engine mod, which means it was based of the ENGINE, not hl2. And besides, this is free, if he does this in the standalone, feel free to complain, but he is letting people play his free mod.

"letting" :)

i'm sure Rocket doesn't get his share from the increased Arma 2 CO sell thanks to Dayz.

NOBODY TOLD YOU, FORCED YOU, OR MADE YOU BUY ARMA 2 CO (2 FULL GAMES) FOR A FREE MOD!!!

BTW: It IS an "Alpha" Mod...it can't be an "old" argument since it's STILL in its "Alpha" testing phase...DERP!

I did TRY to play ARMA 2/OA...it's terrible. Give me 14 hours, a tank of helium, a bottle of whiskey and a case of beer and I could have done better voice acting than this (voice acting is just the tip of the ice berg). Not to mention 90% of the other online servers that aren't DayZ are locked or empty.

The guy who you quoted and tried to dismantle his statement, couldn't be more correct.

Edited by Xyro

I did TRY to play ARMA 2/OA...it's terrible. Give me 14 hours, a tank of helium, a bottle of whiskey and a case of beer and I could have done better voice acting than this (voice acting is just the tip of the ice berg). Not to mention 90% of the other online servers that aren't DayZ are locked or empty.

The guy who you quoted and tried to dismantle his statement, couldn't be more correct.

Your not doing it right! He was talking about the multiplayer and mission editing. Everyone knows arma 2 has the shittiest voice acting and story ever. That's not the point of the game. It's about the awesome fun you can have in multiplayer, and how you can create anything in the mission editor.

• Like 1

I don't think Rocket even reads these posts.

All these replies barely have any use o.o.

Edited by Scratchz

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression rocket was contracted for arma III when dayz was released, and with how popular DayZ was and with how it boosted sales, they hired him.I'm making this assumption of a post rocket made somewhere about not being a bohemia employee.

Thank you for supporting my point.

you know that excuse is fine... only for the first thousand times. now it's just seems as a sad excuse.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

But look at that new zombie mod. I can't remember what it was called, but it gained some popularity. It wasn't a hl2 mod, it was a source engine mod, which means it was based of the ENGINE, not hl2. And besides, this is free, if he does this in the standalone, feel free to complain, but he is letting people play his free mod. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression rocket was contracted for arma III when dayz was released, and with how popular DayZ was and with how it boosted sales, they hired him.I'm making this assumption of a post rocket made somewhere about not being a bohemia employee.

i believe rocket was always with bohemia. from what i can tell he was working on arma 3. i could be wrong on that too..

im not sure where you are trying to go with the rest of this, my point was it is a game. again, its not an mp3 player, internet browser, cd ripper, or real life. its a game. even though its a "mod" and in alpha stage, its a game. that was the only point i was trying to make. and most games start out as mods from some other source engine. beyond that, it doesnt matter if its an arma mod, hl2 mod, or whatever. its still a mod, (same thing in the end), and still a game. playing and testing is mutually inclusive, and you cant do one without the other as long as the project is in development.

same as last time, different colours and big bold texts dont get you more attention, they get you ignored.

I never said "it's an alpha" I said we are alpha testers, we aren't customers, it is our job to test the game. Though we are free to come and go as we please. (The message below is not specifically just for you, it is meant as a general statement.)

My suggestion is that if you are getting graphical artifacts and you have already posted what settings you are using, what beta patch you are on, and information regarding your graphics card (what card, what drivers, etc). And haven't been able to find a solution via tweaking your settings, then you should go play something else until the next patch.

A majority of what we are seeing are people just blatantly complaining that they have artifacts, yet they don't post any useful information at all. Rocket and the dev team are busy, that much is obvious, when the patch is ready they will release it, and we can resume testing/playing.

Edited by Agent Lucien