rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.2.5 Rolling Update

The last patch was only released 10 days ago

Tents bug, vehicule bug, and GFX bug was there in 2.4.

1 month ago.

Edited by Orox

How about some communication from the Dev team? We are left in the dark atm. This doesnt boost confidence in the team when the game goes stand-alone. If the communication is crappy then aswell it will be a waste of money. I am not gonna spend money on a game where the devs have problems communicating with the ommunity.

You expecting an update everyday or something? Updates aren't always necessarily posted on the site right away. Look at other sources! DayZ Reddit, the dev teams twitter. Also if you haven't noticed, gamescom has just been and gone. They would have been prepping for that days before the event, and obviously there during the event! Look at interviews from the event, theres your updates!

It sounds like everyone expects dev teams to be sat in offices 24/7, doing nothing but work. Well believe it or not, developers have lives. And more often than probably most other office jobs, they spend a fair bit of it relaxing and un-winding. Game development is no easy business, it's one of the most stressful office jobs out there that often require long hours to get a job done, tough decisions to make and also constantly working to deadlines. It's not a walk in the park! Plus, not everything they do can be published to the world everyday. Just keep calm and be patient, an announcement of an update will come when it's ready.

• Like 3

Its getting time we hear something from the devs...

Whats up.... we havent heard of you for over 2 weeks.

I know u been @ gamescom but that isnt an excuse to not communicate with the players.

I demand more info within the next 3 days.

You expecting an update everyday or something? Updates aren't always necessarily posted on the site right away. Look at other sources! DayZ Reddit, the dev teams twitter. Also if you haven't noticed, gamescom has just been and gone. They would have been prepping for that days before the event, and obviously there during the event! Look at interviews from the event, theres your updates!

It sounds like everyone expects dev teams to be sat in offices 24/7, doing nothing but work. Well believe it or not, developers have lives. And more often than probably most other office jobs, they spend a fair bit of it relaxing and un-winding. Game development is no easy business, it's one of the most stressful office jobs out there that often require long hours to get a job done, tough decisions to make and also constantly working to deadlines. It's not a walk in the park! Plus, not everything they do can be published to the world everyday. Just keep calm and be patient, an announcement of an update will come when it's ready.

Dude u dont get the point. Ofcoarse they have alot to do, but not posting ANYTHING for over 2 weeks is just bad. Its plain and simple.

-154k humanity. No wonder you chose to hide your name.

Is it forbidden ?

Not being able to place a 1911 in my tent without it dissapearing is annoying. Same for the SD CCO's i have placed in there over the last couple of days.

Strange how ive put a FAL and a regular M4 in teh tend, just cant do the SD version.

It ate my binoculars and compass too. ...

Would be nice to get an update from the devs. Still loving the game though.

Its getting time we hear something from the devs...

Whats up.... we havent heard of you for over 2 weeks.

I know u been @ gamescom but that isnt an excuse to not communicate with the players.

I demand more info within the next 3 days.

Like I said in my post, look at the stuff from Gamescom! That is there communication so far. Just because it's not on the forums doesn't mean that it's not official. The forums IS NOT the only way to communicate with the public.

Dude u dont get the point. Ofcoarse they have alot to do, but not posting ANYTHING for over 2 weeks is just bad. Its plain and simple.

There are a ton of devs that post nothing, for months! Also Rocket has said it himself countless times, he's not going to say anything about any new features until they are confirmed ready for the patch. I'd much rather be left in the dark for a couple of weeks, than the devs to say a load of cool features that they want in the next patch and us all to get hyped about, for 90% of them to be cancelled and not make it into the patch. If theres nothing to announce, they're not going to announce anything! Your just adding unnecessary pressure to get something done, which could result it being done half assed, and ruining the mod.

• Like 2

At least WarZ has a few potentially photoshopped "screen shots" and nothing else but pretty words from a VERY sketchy dude.

Fixed that for ya.

• Like 1

ok updated through six launcher and am still having a problem! stuck on loading screen! it is infinite! i left if on for several hours and boom...nothing! plz fix

The annoying thing is some fixes have been posted for the dev's on how to fix the save bugs, as at the moment the save bugs make the game pretty much unplayable.

Also I understand the mod is alpha, but without us buying arma II to play this alpha mod the mod would have never have been considered to be a standalone game. As at the moment it seems they have attracted us in with this cool alpha mod to just bait and switch us to the standalone as devolopment will be next to nothing on the original mod.

• Like 1

none of the fixes actually work for the artifacts.

as said numerous times all that really needs doing to calm half of the players down or even make them happy while game is updated is just fix the simple artifacting. its not even hard to fix it wasnt in 1.7.1.5 .

also people who say patch is only ten days old this was a patch to fix previous stuff which it didnt so the last patch was pointless. so its not really ten days its closer a month of the graphical glitches which are annoying and like said quite easy for them to fix.

• Like 4

i think 1.7.2.5 works pretty good. Sometime i get the graphical glitch but it dissapers when you flush.

But some zeds aggro from waaaaay to far. But hey! Its an Alpha. :P

The worst is the cheaters/hackers/scripters.

Is it normal that stuff from lootpiles sometimes just vanishes?

I went to fireguard station in Elektro, there was DMR on first floor, I went to check other floors too, found and took AKM, went back for DMR and just as I was about to grab it from lootpile it vanished in thin air and every other loot in that building too.

installed 2.5 - tested - total fail redo it.

Another suggestion - REMOVE THE BROKEN ITEMS FROM THE GAME. If it is static dead bodies and barb wire then how about you TURN THEM OFF ON LOAD, if you dont make them load on server start no more problems, then you can get back to smiling for the camera until you get around to fixing basic issues with your game, let alone the issues of rampant hacking and patches that dont do what they say they do.

• Like 3

Is it normal that stuff from lootpiles sometimes just vanishes?

I went to fireguard station in Elektro, there was DMR on first floor, I went to check other floors too, found and took AKM, went back for DMR and just as I was about to grab it from lootpile it vanished in thin air and every other loot in that building too.

I believe that is a sign of a fresh loot spawn that was about to happen.

a month of graphical glitches from some stupid and unnecesary models and a 2 week in hotfix fixes nothing. how can it be so difficult to fix some simple stupid models from glitching. total fail.

• Like 1

It was supposed to be a hotfix. we were promised .3 after gamescom and thats over soooooooooooo yaaaaaaa............

Tents and vehicles a priority please, them not saving has really been an issue for me and the clan. Graphical glitches are still a problem for me, though I know some members of my team have not had a problem with them since the new patch. The graphical glitches are so bad though that they could cause seizures in an epileptic and perhaps should be a larger priority than they have been.

Respawning on the coast with or without all gear, sometimes stuck to the ground knocked out.

Losing pack every time I gain or lose too much humanity.

Good luck with it devs.

Edited by Criminal

This topic should be called:

Hotfix Build 1.7.2.5 TROLLING Update.

I wonder about Rocket ability to make a standalone.

Mod was fun but there isn't many well done things - from technical side.

If standalone gonna be the same bugfest like this I really don't think that will be worth money.

*faceplam* They are working with Arma 2... a 3 years old, low budget simulator WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU EXPECTING ?

Wait some time hes gonna fix everything just fucking wait.. people these days

No, it's still arma. Its not a different game. It's basically a different mission, with a bunch of custom scripts and models and animations etc. You don't seem to understand how arma works. It's different from a source engine mod. With source, you have a lot of freedom with the core engine. With arma, you have freedom with scripts and content, but as far as how the core engine behaves, you have no control, making it hard to fix problems. The DayZ GAME however will be a lot less buggy, be updated more frequently, and generally be smoother because rocket is editing the CORE ENGINE(getting rid of features that aren't needed, and reworking features to fix bugs), not overlaying scripts that adding some mechanics/putting in models.

of course i know how it works. why do you assume everyone is stupid? i was just saying it is in fact a game. i didnt say anything else.

and no, its not arma. its not just another mission. its a modified version of arma. same way there is arma, and armaII. different shit. just like most games-they come from another game that gets modified (both using the same engine) to create a different game. the only difference here is we got in before "stand alone". if you got into left4dead for example, the same CORE ENGINGE type problems existed. the general public didnt see that "mod" until it went "stand alone" and didnt see the same type of issues and didnt realize or know that was too a "mod". same with a large percentage of video games today.

the same basic principles apply whether its arma or not.

Edited by sivart
  • Like 1

.....maybe read a few pages of this thread before posting. Every other damn post is this, this is not an original or groundbreaking fix. Your flushes and quick fixes DON'T WORK FOR EVERYONE. You are not the first person to post this, but for the love of god I hope you are the last.

People are gonna keep saying it because this thread is OVER ONE HUNDRED pages. I bet less than 1% will read 2% of it.

• Like 1