Sign in to follow this  
pekhe

What to do when you have the best gear?

Weapons, loot, tents and vehicles are the end game, it's just like in Terraria, once you have everything and been everywhere then what? Myself and the people I play with have everything and it didn't take really much effort or time. The point I am trying to convey is this, we don't need anything, we don't have reason to search for anything or go explore, we have done it all.

All there is left for us to do in this game is kill people which as you figured is what is happening, I am not a fan of senselessly killing other players unless it is for a reason like they have something I need. I need nothing and me traveling to places serves no purpose, so because of the game not being a large enough challenge I should just kill myself after being alive for 15 days and start over?

That is a major turn off, sandboxes are cool but the lack of long term objectivity is steadily turning me off to the experience which I loved 2 weeks ago.

Do what I'm planning on doing, Find an ALICE, Load it up with one good military rifle, 3 mags, painkillers, blood packs and a map, along with whatever else you want. Then take it to the clearing north of Cherno, dump it right at the crossroads, way out in the open. Get back to the treeline with binoculars and announce it in Side chat... then just watch the carnage unfold.

Do what I'm planning on doing' date=' Find an ALICE, Load it up with one good military rifle, 3 mags, painkillers, blood packs and a map, along with whatever else you want. Then take it to the clearing north of Cherno, dump it right at the crossroads, way out in the open. Get back to the treeline with binoculars and announce it in Side chat... then just watch the carnage unfold.

[/quote']We have already done this with M107's and DMR's, we used cars as bait though haha.

Maybe you should take a break from DayZ and come back to it later, I play all sorts of game, when I get bored with one, I go play another, and after a while I come back to the olders games. This is not supossed to be a MMORPG kind of game that you can play for years to come. Maybe later one there will be more content, but I gues this is not really a game for a real endgame kind of thing, I don't see raids or things like that being added, and PVP is allready in, what could be added as a endgame, that will keep people playing?

You already answered your own question. If you dont know what already know what a sandbox is than nobody can help you.

You did something it worked well, now push it to the next level or do something else. Simple as that.

When I got to the the end game gear in Terraria and had everything the game got instantly boring because there is nothing else to do or really work for. The thing is that took like 100 hours of actually objectively playing the game to get there and not really messing around too much. In DayZ as it is right now the end game items and gear can be attained in a single afternoon if you are persistent and then the only thing left to do really is kill people. This is why the game is gradually turning into a death match in the large cities and coastal areas; it's getting boring and that is the result.

Once the whole map is explored a few times it does become very small' date=' I can navigate most of the roads now and parts of the forest without even having to look at a map. So the problem as I see it is it's far to easy to get to end game status and once you do it's all downhill from there. I don't think much needs to change in the game but the difficulty and means of getting end game equipment should be much harder and take much longer.

I hate to say this but being at end game for nearly 2 weeks now I would not be opposed to some kind of far more advanced system of getting items and weapons such as actually having to construct them with parts. Even though this is a sandbox game it needs more objectivity in between start and getting to the end game.

[/quote']

I find your post completely contradicting. You can not speak of the game having an endgame, then turn around and say sand box, the two don't intermingle at all. In DayZ, regardless of your gear, anything is available to do, you don't need to gear up to hit a 'endgame' is DayZ, there is none.

I've been geared out since the beginning of May here, I'm only sitting out for the most part now to wait for Rocket to fix some of the bugs currently in the game (no rush, it is a Alpha) but when I do play, I make up things to do that add to the games challenge level. Go to Cherno and spend the day walking the city, if the Zeds don't get you, a player probably will, the challenge is, how many can you take down in self-defense, don't shoot without being shot at, and tally up, it's real good fun, and if you die... just regear. :D

DayZ is a Sandbox, it doesn't have a early - mid or end game, it boils down to, the game is what you make of it.

I find your post completely contradicting. You can not speak of the game having an endgame' date=' then turn around and say sand box, the two don't intermingle at all. In DayZ, regardless of your gear, anything is available to do, you don't need to gear up to hit a 'endgame' is DayZ, there is none.

I've been geared out since the beginning of May here, I'm only sitting out for the most part now to wait for Rocket to fix some of the bugs currently in the game (no rush, it is a Alpha) but when I do play, I make up things to do that add to the games challenge level. Go to Cherno and spend the day walking the city, if the Zeds don't get you, a player probably will, the challenge is, how many can you take down in self-defense, don't shoot without being shot at, and tally up, it's real good fun, and if you die... just regear. :D

DayZ is a Sandbox, it doesn't have a early - mid or end game, it boils down to, the game is what you make of it.

[/quote']Cool story, end game is not a contradictory term with a sandbox as it's apparent you are supposed to attain as much as you can and survive as long as you can. Just because the game is a sandbox does not mean there is no end game, you are limited by the objectivity of the game and how much longevity you can pull from it.

My company has end game items, basically all of them as far as I am aware and multiple of them. We have hundreds of magazines, tents packed to the brim, a boat, 6 cars and a helicopter (MIA) and I have personally been alive for going on 16 days. The point is this is basically the end all be all of stuff we can attain in this game, these are considered end game items.

End game anything signifies you can go no further from that point and that is exactly where we are. Sure we can run around killing people but that is boring unless we are actually going out for a purpose which does not exist anymore as we have everything and the entire point of going out is to find things.

We are at the end game.

Maybe you should take a break from DayZ and come back to it later' date=' I play all sorts of game, when I get bored with one, I go play another, and after a while I come back to the olders games. This is not supossed to be a MMORPG kind of game that you can play for years to come. Maybe later one there will be more content, but I gues this is not really a game for a real endgame kind of thing, I don't see raids or things like that being added, and PVP is allready in, what could be added as a endgame, that will keep people playing?

[/quote']That is what is going to have to happen until the mod has a system which makes the end game substantially harder to get to.

Here's a suggestion - how about going out and finding other "survivors" and trying to rebuild a community? i.e what most would try and do after a zombie outbreak.

Go out and find new people, help them acquire gear and such and help them survive the tough place that is Chernarus. As you build you can go out on zombie hunts with these people, find other bandit groups to hunt as rivals and other survivors to join your community.

Or you and another bandit group could declare war and fight over a town, airstrip or some other resource and challenge to see how long you can hold it.

Fun is what you make it, i would like to see the leader boards get started and be able to track my survival - eg. how many days\hours - and have all of this linked to my account so i could watch my progress over multiple lives, as such it is currently just abstract comparison of playthroughs\lives.

I have the best possible gear' date=' NVG, RangeFinder, DMR, Coyote pack, etc...

I wonder what there is to do anymore.

I don't want a chopper or a car because they make too much noise. Building a base alone is stupid.

Exploring is pointless as the game world is quite small after all, and I already have all the gear I need.

Killing other players is pointless. No reward.

Co-operating with someone is too dangerous, I can survive alone and isn't that the point of this mod?

This mod doesn't have an end-game. :huh:

[/quote']

Congratulations, you have won the game... now go do something else...

Or, keep playing and see how long it takes before someone shoots you when you arent looking, like i did once with my freshly found winchester... Killed a guy that i noticed before he noticed me, he had silenced M4, pdw backup weapon, night vision, biggest backpack, tons of ammo and food, a tent, all the important gear (except a rangefinder).

And he died simply because he was busy sneaing into a town that i happened to be in. And i was in a lousy mood, had almost no food and no water, so i shot him before he even saw me.

Thats your endgame... survive for as long as possible...

Also, this is an anti-game... it really doesnt have an end-game per say... its just you, trying to survive, for as long as possible...