Sign in to follow this  
A.Williams

Got idea for next map

A shrunk down uk with best known citys and towns the odd village and reduced amounts of land between them to make it easyer to get from place to place but guns will just be uk legal guns (shotguns,bolt rifles,archery and crossbowsand air guns and police and uk army weapons)

• Like 1

That would be cool. Manhattan would be better.

• Like 2

I just think more maps would be cool, I honestly don't care what features they have. What you guys are suggesting sounds like an urban style map, which would be cool. Chernarus is mostly forests, the unofficial Lingor Island map is a jungle, which I expect either will soon be added or the DayZ team will find another jungle map to use. Desert maps could be interesting too just because there is so much less brush it would change the tactics a little. Tundras as well. These would probably have to be on different HIVES though, as some maps would probably be easier to loot for one thing, and you wouldn't want to take a white ghillie suit from the tundra into a jungle.

• Like 1

the boats have 2 be more usefull, they will have 2 add something like big container ships 2 find at see, kind of like the crashed helicopters

well now that dayz is going to be a stand-alone game its possible they are gonna have new maps. so I hope big known places are in the game

a big city could be nice, maybe even a megalopolis, but that could be one of the maps

the boats have 2 be more usefull, they will have 2 add something like big container ships 2 find at see, kind of like the crashed helicopters

Work on that grammar a bit.

Also, on-topic, I can't see why they can't use whatever ArmA III has to offer... It would take A LOT of time to make huge maps like Chernarus. I, of course, would like to see custom maps, but I wouldn't like them to be known place like Manhattan or something, it should be something that isn't known to a lot of people, just to get the feeling of being completely helpless.

I see what you're trying to say here. I can see how fishing boats would be used to get to larger wrecks farther in the ocean. For example, using a fishing boat to get to a wrecked cargo ship, or even a large military boat such as a carrier or battleship as another high-value military spawn point.

• Like 1

Hopefully the standalone has a few maps. A jungle and an urban map would be cool.

I think the option to have multiple choices for maps would be the best route for this :)

The global map is possible but most of it would be coppy and paste style like deserts and areas that don't change much

Not maps just one really huge one perhaps a global map

If they managed that it would be awsome but it would be very difficult for a world wide map to be made

I want a map where its located in Athens Greece.

And running into museums to have a rare chance to find ancient spears and swords.

But we must have maps that are either tropical, dessert, or winter lands....

Could you at least post some pictures of it? I know it didn't occur to you, but not everyone knows what it looks like.

and every building is completely enterable, yes because you would never run out of food, and guns and knives everywhere, tons of cars.... imagine the sniping spots..... you wouldn't ever be able to find the sniper with all the buildings windows

Yeah I agree a UK map would be cool, but would take a LOT of work to model all the buildings etc. Most of the maps for ArmA 2 use the same buildings, trees, textures etc. There are too many maps that are 'russian like' IMO they're a bit 'samey'. I understand why this is ofc, as like I said they can just use the buildings already made which are the russian type ones (or the desert Takistan style). A lot of people who make the maps dont make their own buildings. Would be cool, if more people would make buildings.

The closest thing at the moment what looks like a UK map is Carraigdubh whats a normal map based in Ireland what hasn't been zombiefied yet.

a big city could be nice

I would like them to increase the size of Chernarus, maybe even four times as large, and put a capital in the center or further west at the coast.

And maybe also add some cool landscapes like mountains.

I'd rather have a huge chernarus map instead of several smaller individual maps