Novalis

Screw the hacking! Finally dogs!

Two sentences:

Firstly, 1.7.2.5 will not come out (it will be 1.7.3)

Secondly, WOOF WOOF.

Let's hope we get something regarding hackers in 1.7.3 and not just some stupid dogs and other useless stuff.

I have the feeling the whole DayZ project lacks project management from someone who gets his priorities straight.

Rocket may be delighted adding dogs into the game, but if that's more important than the current impact of hacking something is terribly wrong.

I really hope there are dogs AND measures against hackers in 1.7.3

• Like 7

It's an Alpha, the priority is in adding new things to the game. Moron.

• Like 2

And the standalone game will also be "alpha." So what?

Edited by Thorne

Well I've heard Rocket really wants to fix all the bugs and work with the coding as that's what people really want atm. But he says that's very boring and takes a lot of time. The only way to get headlined on sites such as Kotaku is by adding new features/items, and I don't mind as long as he's enjoying what he's doing. He must hop back n' forth between code/bugs to new items/features as to keep his team happy and engaged in the mod.

Time will only tell, and I don't mind waiting.

Edited by CerebralZombie
  • Like 3

Let's hope we get something regarding hackers in 1.7.3 and not just some stupid dogs and other useless stuff.

I have the feeling the whole DayZ project lacks project management from someone who gets his priorities straight.

Rocket may be delighted adding dogs into the game, but if that's more important than the current impact of hacking something is terribly wrong.

I really hope there are dogs AND measures against hackers in 1.7.3

Here here

Absolutely. Hopefully, new anti-cheat measures are among the things added in the next patch.

Rocket already SAID that hacking is the first priority, but they can't do anything cause THIS IS A MOD!!!

As a programmer I have to admit:

-Adding new features, like dogs, is a lot of fun.

-Having to lock everything down to prevent morons with scripts is not fun.

That being said, as a player, I couldn't care less if dogs were introduced. Just gives me something else to shoot.

• Like 2

no,

people must have to be so angry at hackers that they forget they already paid for arma 2 to play day z, and will now have to pay for stand alone to play dayz

you have to get really really angry, otherwise paying twice to play the same mod will cause people to not pay the 2nd time

• Like 1

Let's see

> Rebuild game engine that's based on trusted clients which intends to use on-the-fly scripting as a primary feature

OR

> Since game is in Alpha, and will be moving to a more updated version of the engine in the standalone release, focus on adding core gameplay to a mod in it's current state is: Find food, Find Water, Find Morphine, Find Sniper, Camp Cherno / Starry.

Option #2 please

And the standalone game will also be "alpha." So what?

The standalone will be a finished product with it's own alpha and beta. The beta is where most of the bug fixing comes in. Also this is a mod, only so much they can do with it. You want to stop hackers? Get a private hive, lock it, and only invite people you trust. That's what my clan is doing.

no,

people must have to be so angry at hackers that they forget they already paid for arma 2 to play day z, and will now have to pay for stand alone to play dayz

you have to get really really angry, otherwise paying twice to play the same mod will cause people to not pay the 2nd time

Many of us can understand the difference between the mod and the upcoming game.

I bought five copies of Arma for myself and various people in May. I am the only one really still playing. Oh well.

I will have no problem ponying up the chump change necessary to get in on beta as soon as they will take it.

And I won't even complain if the alpha of the game breaks all the time!

Did it with Minecraft, enjoyed it.

• Like 7

Rocket already SAID that hacking is the first priority, but they can't do anything cause THIS IS A MOD!!!

This.

To stop the script kiddies Arma 2 has to be changed, the game the mod plays on. BI has been trying to find a balance between allowing scripts being used by Arma 2 players and preventing them for DayZ players.

Now that DayZ is officially part of BI, we can only hope that there will be separate patches to Arma 2 that disables scripts so we can play DayZ in peace.

• Like 3

So he is a moron? Wow..

And as for the hacking, Battleye is attempting to address this issue.

Edited by SyndicateFaction

Oh, and dog behavior on a goat skin would be pure gold.

• Like 1

Want some cheese with that whine?

The DayZ development team has NOTHING to do with hackers or the anti-cheat.

Stop crying and wait for BE to do something about it, they know the problem is there, and they are working on it.

Finally!! Someone who doesn't use the search function. Screw reading!! Otherwise I'd know hacking can't be controlled at this stage by rocket.

Rocket does not work for Battleye. His main focus was the mod content and bugs... Until he went stand alone. Focus should now be on a quality retail product. Not here (even though we DO need this patch.)

Here's an idea, instead of just being able to tame dogs, lets be able to train attack chickens. Hell, I could train the rabbit from Monty Python and the Holy Grail!!

• Like 1

Here's an idea, instead of just being able to tame dogs, lets be able to train attack chickens. Hell, I could train the rabbit from Monty Python and the Holy Grail!!

This idea deserves a new thread. :D

Oh. My. God. Rocket and Day Z staff cannot do anything to prevent the hackers. They have nothing to do with the prevention of cheating, that all goes through BattleEye. Can we get a sticky'd topic saying that as, like, the first fucking post? Please?

Oh. My. God. Rocket and Day Z staff cannot do anything to prevent the hackers. They have nothing to do with the prevention of cheating, that all goes through BattleEye. Can we get a sticky'd topic saying that as, like, the first fucking post? Please?

Shutup....
  • Like 1