KetchupOnTheDog

Hackers, and the state of the standalone game?

thats why im playing on that lingor island map now, never seen a hacker there, an also is a whole new world to explore. It have like 6 airfields i think

I envy the people who can honestly say "I've never seen a hacker" or "I've only been hacked once"

Only seen 2 hackers. 1 set elektro on fire, another (or group) was spawning/despawning buses, helicopters, shooting green lazers, teleporting people and and getting an unlimited amount of grenades.

And for anyone saying the graphics glitch makes the game unplayable, it doesnt. I'd like proof that the glitch occurs in 100% of the map and if you look away, the glitch doesn't go away. I've actually walked past the source of the glitch to have the other side completely fine. You can type flush, DC from the server all the way to six launcher, restart your computer, or avoid Stary, NW Airfield, Berezino military camp, International Airport, Green Mountain, and i've heard some part of cherno but never experienced it myself and only read about it once..

edit:

thats why im playing on that lingor island map now, never seen a hacker there, an also is a whole new world to explore. It have like 6 airfields i think

How?

Edited by Littleassassin2

lol this game is a joke now.. nice way to lose your fan base rocket.

Rocket made DayZ for the joy of it. Not to make a billion dollars and suck every penny from gamers with the same old repetitive games. Some appreciation is in order, especially since the mod is free. Im sure you had some fun from it otherwise you wouldnt be here.

Hackers are indeed an issue but I will keep moving server until I find a good one. It seems to work.

Edited by OoieGooie

you act like rocket will be able to fix this come release..

Database level ban on invalid items after 3 strikes, done - solves a good chunk of the idiots, without any involvement from BattlEye.

class Player
{
int numberOfOffences = 0;
}

// On read/write:
foreach(Item item in player.inventory)
{
if(!LegalItems.Contains(item))
{
player.numberOfOffences++;
}
}

// On player join:
if(player.numberOfOffences > MAX_OFFENCES)
{
DatabaseBan(player);
}

Also,

tags are potatoes.

Edit: Also, why the hell is this thread stickied?

Edited by Publik
  • Like 2

What i wonder is: It says there been 10.000 bans or more and they working on the issues with hackers. I wonder if they did get all hackers or if there inocent people in it to. Since the game trusts client that gets in it might be easy for the hackers to bypass stuff like this and maybe let others get the blame on it. So honestly i doubt if its all "real" hackers

My favorite part is all the people defending the script kiddies. That is my favorite part.

I also enjoy how many seem to think simply banning cheaters will do anything. It's like putting a bandaid on a severed artery...

I quit... 3 servers tonight, within 30min, no exaggeration, not joke, the entire server is killed.

The last server, I spawned at Krutoy. 3 min later I am ported to debug along with every one else. I run, I survive, legs break, thrown in the air. I respawn after a few players are kicked by BE thinking that maybe that got rid of the hacker. I find a Lee, a mak, some food and water, some tools. 30 seconds later, my entire inventory is deleted. 15 seconds after that, I have broken legs, and finally 10 seconds after that, me and the rest of the server are dead.

BI and rocket are losing new fans. Imagine I just bought OA and what not for $30 because of all of this hype about dayz. If I had played this game for more than hour, I would get killed by hackers. A few more instances of this in a night and would put DayZ to bed.

I think the only hope is the standalone that doesn't have the openess of the Arma 2 and OA. I'm sorry, but BE is useless

• Like 1

Realistically, the only way to prevent seeing a hacker is to always be on a low pop server and make it your home.

we did that, we found some other people's base in the game. Then admin accuse us hacking and banned us shortly after.

we figured those are probably the admin's vehicles that we took

Hacker + admin abuse is a huge problem.

I could very much simply copy/paste my last post, but I'll try to make it shorter; your answer proves that I touched a subject that needs/needed discussions, clarifications, theories or praises.

@grammar nazying: u mad ? Making fun of someone's else second language, that must take balls. :) So yeah, we can keep that going on forever, I proved twice that everything you tried to blame me for was wrong, so I'll just ignore you from now on.

2dgiz29.jpg

I'm done banging my head against a wall.

you act like rocket will be able to fix this come release..

shut up and be happy with your scheme-f game where you only get artificial addicting levelling and rank system progression as a stimulant

i'm happy with adrenaline rushing pvp and real experience coming into play

meanwhile:

1)rocket has no tools against the current hacking

2)rocket has MADE an awesome game, not copied it blatantly and pointed out when they bought the name

3)praising a game leeching from success of a new kind of game, using same looks and name, is like praising the plague

go to this game, and be bored after two hours like in every other MMO copy-paste work

Database level ban on invalid items after 3 strikes, done - solves a good chunk of the idiots, without any involvement from BattlEye.

class Player
{
int numberOfOffences = 0;
}

// On read/write:
foreach(Item item in player.inventory)
{
if(!LegalItems.Contains(item))
{
player.numberOfOffences++;
}
}

// On player join:
if(player.numberOfOffences > MAX_OFFENCES)
{
DatabaseBan(player);
}

Also,

tags are potatoes.

Edit: Also, why the hell is this thread stickied?

OK This is a terrible idea. Lets see how you feel about this after a hacker gives you an illegal weapon three times in a row and gets you banned.

Also, yes hacking is prolific and everywhere. Again today, hacker teleports to my camp, steals vehicle. I mean come on, spawn your own fucking vehicles, don't steal everyone elses. You know what? NWAF is an HOUR RUN away from the coast. A fucking hour. I'd like to see you do that two or three times a day and not get pissed off.

Obviously, it's not Rocket's fault but really, there needs to be some fixes sooner rather then later. I think locking servers and making them whitelist only would go a long way to helping cut back on hackers...

OK This is a terrible idea. Lets see how you feel about this after a hacker gives you an illegal weapon three times in a row and gets you banned.

....aaaaaand now we start to see why this problem isn't solved as easily as everyone seems to think it should be.

• Like 3

If the standalone is C++ with important files run client side, I'm staying away from DayZ. I've not seen any writing on what engine they are moving to, which makes me concerned for my money!

Really? Please tell me more about your advanced computer and programming knowledge.

Could people that have no clue about programming, engines and hacking please refrain from talking about it? Your OP states that you are worried about hackers in an other game, DayZmod is NOT the DayZgame.

• Like 1

If you really wanted to know, you could uave used the seach function... this is stickied now anyway.

Also, battleye has seemed to got act together even more so lately and has banned a lot of hackers.

Finally, they will most likely tweak the engine so hackers have a harder time making scripts

Oh cool, another unfunny sarcasm post about a thread the author didn't want to read, but did anyway and chooses now to bitch about it.

How clever and original you are.

Or....Oh cool another Douche bag. I could care less if 100k unique users post the same damn topic on every thread in the forums....maybe that will make them work to fix the problem a little quicker. If you dont like it.....dont read it morons.

I've been killed by a cheater again... The most ridiculous way !! Dude teleported all players into a field, as sheeps... yea, sheeps. Then I alt'F4'd, and get a message : ""you don't get out this easy, I remapped alt F4 to suicide""... Man I couldn't even abort from the esc menu, the option was unavailable, pretty much had to Ctrl Alt Supp it... so all in all today... hacked to death 3 times in 2 hours... awesome !! Well that's it as far as I love the game I'm not touching it again till at least a temporary solution is available...

Edited by fraktal
  • Like 1

Or....Oh cool another Douche bag. I could care less if 100k unique users post the same damn topic on every thread in the forums....maybe that will make them work to fix the problem a little quicker. If you dont like it.....dont read it morons.

I agree... The more we spam forums about this the more they understand it's game breaking and people won't buy or preorder anything if this doesn't change soon

When I start seeing characters from TF2 appear on my server, I want to be able to find a flame thrower and hide out in the fire towers with an Engi and Heavy covering my back. Otherwise, I am not exactly thrilled about having dudes on my server f**ing around with my hard work!

I would say that I have experienced 7/10 of these hacks on various servers (inc. my own) in the past week:

The following is a DayZ Script Hack Package (V.I.P LostDay) with the following features:

1) Boost Hack (move to the direction of view in set number of meters specified in settings)

2) Give Weapon Set Hack (give a weapon and an item, specified in the settings)

3) Change Skin Hack (change skin to any here)

4) Heal Yourself Hack (recovery meter temperature, hunger, thirst)

5) Repair Car Hack (repair vehicle next to you)

6) Car TP Hack (randomly teleport a vehicle to you)

7) Spawn Object Hack (spawns an object - house, tent, helicopter crashes, the lighthouse, etc)

8) Map Hack (Shows the location of the players, vehicles, tents, crashes, etc)

9) Spawn Vehicle Hack (spawn a vehicle)

10) Invisible Hack (you are completely invisible)

YOU NEED A BYPASS TO GET THESE HACKS TO WORK, SOME MAY GET YOU BANNED INSTANTLY (VEHICLE SPAWN/TELEPORT)

source: **************************LINK REmoved

Fun times!

DO not post links to Hacks/Sites,,,,, whatever the reason.

4 posts and you're out already, ffs.

Edited by Boneboys

I really didn't think hacking was that big of an issue until it happened to me. Two separate, highly suspicious loss-of-chopper incidences in three days was enough to bring me to this thread.

The first one occurred after my clan had gathered two vehicles. We were near a dear stand raiding it (with our cars stupidly parked in the open field; lesson learned) when we heard a chopper approaching nearby. Sure enough they saw the vehicles and began lighting up the forest with their M240's. We all took cover in bushes, and held firm. Eventually they landed (probably thought we disconnected) and we lit them up pretty damn good with 2 M4's and an M24. We saw from the kill list that it was members of some other clan.

We then stole that chopper and flew extremely far northwest sometime after the engagement (just off the DayZdb map). A couple minutes after landing, our (undamaged) chopper exploded out of nowhere. Maybe 30 seconds after this, we heard the sounds of another chopper (and this was after the patch where there is now only 1 chopper per server), who subsequently mowed us down as we had very little cover where we had landed. Not only that, someone with a silenced MP5 was somehow on the ground (out in the middle of nowhere) and killed the last one of us who was perfectly hidden in a ghillie suit.

The second time, we had actually found a server with an unfixed chopper on the SE island. We spent the whole damn day searching for parts and jerry cans, taking the damn 14km/h small boat back and forth, until we finally had a fully-functional chopper. The next day, we spent another 6 hours flying around the server scouting for vehicles until we had collected 6 vehicles and a bike to compliment our chopper, along with 2 days worth of loot tucked inside them, all tucked away in a remote camp. Just as we were getting ready to disconnect to take a break, the last three of us came under fire from a guy in a ghillie suit with a silenced M4. However, this wasn't a legitimate bandit attack; he was teleporting around us and killing us point blank. I saw the guy with my own eyes disappear right in front of me after shooting my friend 100 meters away and then simply reappear right next to me in my bush!

Our last guy alive actually managed to get to the chopper and get it in the air. As he was taking off, this hacker teleported right in front of him and started to shoot him, but to no avail. The pilot came to me on the coast to pick me up. We were headed back to our camp at quite a high altitude when out of nowhere (with no gunshots being heard or felt), we were instantly ejected from the helicopter; about 10 seconds later, the chopper exploded and we were killed in mid-air...

Like someone said earlier about the loot/vehicle loss, if it's a genuine bandit killing you, well that's part of the game and whining about it is like whining about the brutal truths in life like taxes and death: it's unavoidable, so why give it concern? However, when it's someone who kills unfairly just for the sake of doing so... well that is game-breaking when you can lose the accumulation of hours of your life at the push of a hacker's button.

After reading about how the mod is basically a script itself built on top of the Arma II hard code, the state of scripting in the game makes a lot of sense (not that it makes it any more excusable).

I just hope the standalone has at least an average amount of PC hackers; that I could deal with. Losing the only two choppers I've ever come across to hackers in the past three days out of four weeks of playing is just... sadface :(

I can take losing a chopper fair and square (like how we took our first one), but I can't stomach it from scripting.....

Edited by Capco
  • Like 1

Every day I run into the drop ppl from sky thing and yesterday, after getting some nice gear, I was killed by an invisible guy that was walking beside me. I could hear the foot steps right beside me and I was in an open field.. yeah awesome. Then I log into a different server and all of Cherno is on fire... Not really worth playing the game the way it is designed to be played (ie. survival) since it is just hackers vs suckers atm.