Another question: How does one obtain Mountain Dew?

And @ the poster above me, when do those creatures appear? What do I need to do to summon them? Or is that totally random? (If it's true)

Edited by The Alphabeat.

And @ the poster above me, when do those creatures appear? What do I need to do to summon them? Or is that totally random? (If it's true)

The guy with an axe playing the audio file is just a hacker having some creative fun (better than putting everyone in the air / ocean / LOLTHUNDERDOME). There's been videos posted on youtube about it, try looking for naucht de horror or something of the sort on youtube

There is quite a few hackers that play the creepy little girl singing "It's raining, it's pouring..." and also giggling. I've encounter one joining a server with 2 friends, and the gplayer doing it looked like a normal player. I've seen videos with a guy wearing a Jason mask and blood coming down his face, and more.

I went to Green Mountain (for the first time and alone) a few days ago. I spent a good while watching and observing the gate for zombies and other players (though I had no idea there were all of these myths and whatnot). While I was hiding in a pretty decent spot with a good field of view, I heard a solitary gunshot and sort of panicked. I froze, not really wanting to alert the shooter or the zombies to my presence. After a few more minutes of observation, I could see nothing but ~5 zombies.

Then I got called away and had to leave.

But when I logged into a different server later on, I noticed the mass grave and was instantly quite creeped out - mainly because of the flies which I associate with, y'know, areas of pretty intense danger and implied player violence. Not to mention the fact that mass graves are generally pretty goddamn creepy anyway.

I didn't find any significant loot and the vehicles were absent, but I did notice some bizarre zombie behaviour.

They had spawned outside the gate and were not aggro'd to me, but when I turned around from the corpse pile and the military loot spawn, every single one of them (by this point I'd estimate about 15 had spawned in) was within the compound. I stayed completely motionless out of fear of a zombie siege battle in the tower. Then I realised that they were all walking in single file out of the compound. This freaked the ever-loving fuck out of me so I decided to just leave.

This was all in the daytime. I might go there again at night - just because it might be fun to scare myself shitless.

So all in all, some mildly strange things happened and I solidified my status as a DayZ pansy.

Oh, but the deer stands had some okay loot.

• Like 1

I have a solution to the evil at green mountain......

We need to find a large clan... Willing to risk everything to lay c4 up and down Green Mountain and blow it to hell. Problem solved no??

You don't want Mountain Dew. The Mountain gave me the Dew. For what reason, I don't know. All I know is that I haven't slept easy since then. It's the tower you see. It's always there. In your dreams, your nightmares, in your mind. The Dew is connected to 'that' place. I've tried to get rid of it, but I can't, it won't let itself be abandoned. Now I wander Chernarus, constantly moving, trying to evade the towers look, and if fate allows it, free myself from this curse.

You don't simply "obtain" Mountain Dew, Mountain Dew lets itself be found when the time is right.

If you see a can of this stuff, let one of your friends pick it up.

You don't want Mountain Dew. The Mountain gave me the Dew. For what reason, I don't know. All I know is that I haven't slept easy since then. It's the tower you see. It's always there. In your dreams, your nightmares, in your mind. The Dew is connected to 'that' place. I've tried to get rid of it, but I can't, it won't let itself be abandoned. Now I wander Chernarus, constantly moving, trying to evade the towers look, and if fate allows it, free myself from this curse.

I didn't know Frodo played DayZ :o

So...i went up there with a DMR in my pack...

and upon leaving, my DMR is now an M4a3 CC0...wtf?

i know i have not run across a M4A3 AT ALL on the way here..no possible room for "mistake"....wtf.

There is a myth, that people keep saying it is but it's a fact.. The MOUNTAIN that must not be named is cursed, it is more cursed that the bermuda triangle, and that explains the dead body pile of Chernaurus Defence Force soldiers and broken humvees. The MOUNTAIN killed them.

Of course, not the homosexual meaning.

But really, why are people so afraid of Green Mountain? I've been there numerous times and nothing bad has happened.

inb4 I just jinxed myself

Oh I see, this is a similar thread that was talked about. Apologies for my ignorance.

I once heard of a Pilot who flew over this said Mountain and suddenly crashed into the forest for no reason. He was never heard from again.

I once heard of a Pilot who flew over this said Mountain and suddenly crashed into the forest for no reason. He was never heard from again.

the tower drags flying victims into the forest

seen videos about it.

the place is still haunted (not that much) in normal Arma 2

try holding a f-35b stable while you hover over it

Edited by LawsOfFire

I had such scary stuff happen there. In domination there used to be a sidemission on that mountain. I once got there right after the sidemission popped up, I was alone on the server, but all enemies were already dead. Scary as fuck.

I accidently stumbled into it...

Since then ive slept with my kitty in a death-like grip :|

Never again....

I'm going there now. US 1040. Wish me luck.

Good luck. You are a brave man. I hope you'll make it out alive.