unhap

Global Bans for legit players?

Yeah. Gods forbid players, who were mistakenly banned, go to a place where they might find other players who were mistakenly banned, to discuss how they were mistakenly banned. And gods forbid they not simply smile and nod when they're called skiddies and scum, and told they should never play again.

Fuck these guys for being mistakenly banned and then having their accounts restored, fucking bastards. I can totally see why any sane person would be angry at people not enjoying being banned for no reason, and I can see why you'd then rage because they got unbanned again.

Emphasis on "then flame people for not believing you" and "Sending an appeal to BE themselves would suffice. If enough people can prove they weren't guilty, they'll look at it".

If you bought the game recently (within 3 months) call your CC company and reverse the charges. This places them in the position of justifying why you owe them money. This would probably result in no push back,. Then use that money to buy a new CD key.

Their only real choice in that situation is to sue you, then prove in court why you should owe them money when they have prevented you from using their product. They would not do this as court costs would far exceed the amount at issue.

If you didn't buy the game recently, you are screwed unless you can get them to help you.

Emphasis on "then flame people for not believing you" and "Sending an appeal to BE themselves would suffice. If enough people can prove they weren't guilty, they'll look at it".

They sent their appeals and got unbanned, why couldn't they just discuss the issue amongst themselves without all the abuse? It's crazy how far you're bending over backwards to justify being a complete douche to people just because you assume they were guilty.

It's called hijacking a GUID. If a hacker can obtain your GUID, he can use it as his own, effectively getting you banned, not him.

My friend had it happen to him.

• Like 1

Guest Dwarden

that is another story as if your unique key was stolen then You out of luck , in any online game with any anticheat , not just ARMA with BE

that is another story as if your unique key was stolen then You out of luck , in any online game with any anticheat , not just ARMA with BE

I'm not trying to be a smart-arse, genuinely, but surely it's not "another story" if you and BE are claiming innocents haven't been caught in the crossfire.

I left for work this morning before being able to see if I was still banned. Anyone else get unbanned?

I haven't received any sort of email back from BE regarding it.

I was on patch 95724 for the people asking.

Edited by unhap

It's just like what Microsoft did prior to forza 3 release..people thought they were safe and then a massive banwave, thousands of people banned at once for pirating/hacking and so on.

This is what has happened here, all these people thought they were getting away with it and the ban hammer has come down hard!

You all hacked and got caught, now go back to cod!

3qar50.jpg

Hackers can spoof IDs. I suspect your ID got spoofed when he got 'banned'

The bypass they use allows them to change how battleye perceives their ID. It can be changed to other players IDs.

So chances are Mr. Hacker is running around free as a bird while your guid was banned. Tough Break.

Nothing will ever fix battleye, It's a complete fucking joke

Edited by skyter
  • Like 2

Well, if the key was stolen because of issues in security of e.g. ARMA, it's BI fault, that they screwed up their software, and not fault of customer.

• Like 2

It's called hijacking a GUID. If a hacker can obtain your GUID, he can use it as his own, effectively getting you banned, not him.

My friend had it happen to him.

AFAIK, you cannot change your GUID without changing cd-key. Source.

There are programs that allow you to change cd-keys (or you could simply re-install) but not your GUID. And you can't reverse another player's GUID to find his CD-key.

Edit: Wrote this while this was posted. If that's correct it has the same effect has changing your GUID.

Double-edit: It was deleted so I won't comment further.

Edited by Rakrul

as major minion of Bohemia Interactive empire i can confirm the tale about brave hero Bastian from castle BattlEye fighting evil forces on our borders

or spies confirmed no innocent was slaughtered ... yet

weird because i can confirm with 100% certainty that there are bans for players who are not hackers....seeing as how I was one of them.

It's very easy for people to sit and say "you're just lying" - I would probably be doing the same thing if I had not experienced this shit first hand.

weird because i can confirm with 100% certainty that there are bans for players who are not hackers....seeing as how I was one of them.

It's very easy for people to sit and say "you're just lying" - I would probably be doing the same thing if I had not experienced this shit first hand.

wow. just wow. have you considered auditioning for any upcoming movies? you're on a par with the greats like "You had me at hello" and "AK47, the very best there is"

@Dwarden, care to comment why you guys put SVI back in the latest patch?

Isn't that one of the best way to stop the pesky script kiddies? <_<

wow. just wow. have you considered auditioning for any upcoming movies? you're on a par with the greats like "You had me at hello" and "AK47, the very best there is"

You're being an idiot.

Why would I come on here and try to get to the bottom of this shit if I had been hacking? If I were a hacker I would know why I was banned. There would be literally no point to me coming on these forums.

BE doesn't read or care about these forums - so i'm not goin to "trick" them into reversing my ban by coming on the forums.

• Like 1

Why would I come on here and try to get to the bottom of this shit if I had been hacking? If I were a hacker I would know why I was banned. There would be literally no point to me coming on these forums.

BE doesn't read or care about these forums - so i'm not goin to "trick" them into reversing my ban by coming on the forums.

Ok i will guess. You came because its gonna be a while till you have enough pocketmoney for another steam buy? To occupy yourself? Believable.

And you clearly are posting from a 2nd account. You even made an image appear before your 10th post. gg. you may con some of these lot but you can take a walk from my view

If you are not a player affected by the recent wave of false positive global bans please stay out of this thread and don't clog it up with your nonsense. If you feel the need to hear yourself speak and want to tell us we're all just lying or to suck it up and go buy a new key - go to another thread.

The only purpose of this thread is for those of us affected to try to get to the bottom of what we have in commong to see if there is anything that could be affecting us.

My set up:

• Using dayzcommander to launch the game with startup parameters for quad core processor -cpucount=4, etc.
  • Have sixlauncher installed but dont use it.
  • Used worrom updater to update to latest version of dayz.
  • the AObeta.
  • running beta patch 95724
  • no lingor island, custom skins, etc. only modified file in my steam directory was the AObeta file that I used to run dayz before getting dayzcommander - the only modification was where I put @dayz in the line to run the mod.
  • yesterday right before my play session that i got banned i loaded up and played Arma 2: OA vanilla for the first time but only for about 10 minutes. I don't know if I disabled dayz or whatever but it didn't appear to be running the dayz mod during my OA play session.
  • during the play session I got the global banned I was killed by someone who I believe to be a hacker. I lit him up with my gun and he didn't die but then came at me and killed me in 1 shot from behind a tree (neither of us could see eachother when I died)

Once again I have no idea if any of these could trigger a ban or have anything to do with anything. I'm just posting everything I can think of to try to find a common thread between us.

Please post anything you can think of so we can try to find anything in common.

Edited by unhap
  • Like 1

My setup:

• Starting the game through Steam (launch parameters : -nosplash -cpuCount=4 -skipIntro -maxMem=2047 -mod=@dayz;Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion)
  • Been running the game with the beta patch 95660 when I got banned twice
  • Have Six Loader/Launcher installed but never using it
  • Always connected to Mumble, Skype, MSN, AIM when I'm playing
  • Have NOD32
  • Played 2 days on Lingor
  • Using dual monitors
  • 1st play session before realizing I got banned: Was driving a bus at the south of the NE Airstrip when the server appeared to crash (the end of briefing window appeared, it was late so I decided to disconnect and go to bed). It was on a 4 slot server so I don't think there was a hacker on it.
  • 2nd play session, earlier today : Was hiding in a farm to kill zombies who were chasing me in Berezino, as I finished I decided to disconnect to be right back after (got some things to do IRL). When I tried to reconnect, I got banned again .. and it's same ID of the ban of the first play session

Do people who got banned have something in common with me ?

Fuck it. Haven't played DayZ in almost two months. Downloading now to make sure I didn't get caught in this wave of bans. Sounds like a lot of legit players got banned.

its very very easy to hijack someone in this game if you know the person's guid, you dont even need a cd key just a guid. you just need to sniff around the memory and replace your guid with the other person's guid and bam you log in as the said hijacked person. should the hijacker decide to hack on that person's account the person suffers the consequence from battleye and the hijacker moves on to a new guid.

its very very easy to obtain a list of guid if you host a server. even if bohemia fixes this a hijacker already have hundreds of thousands of guids to use from.

My setup:

• I start the game using DayZ Commander or sometimes Steam (launch parameters : -mod=@dayz -nosplash -cpuCount=4 -world=Chernarus -noPause)
  • I was running the 95777 for ~5mins (I have my RPT and log files. Since I'm the admin of the server.)
  • Have Six Launcher installed but never use it.
  • Always connected to TS when playing.
  • I've never played Lingor.
  • I was on foot, running north near Skalka and got banned.
  • Emailed BE immediately - I await their response.
  • This is horse shit.

EDIT:

I typo'd horse shit

Edited by RS-Dolph

My setup:
  • I start the game using DayZ Commander or sometimes Steam (launch parameters : -mod=@dayz -nosplash -cpuCount=4 -world=Chernarus -noPause)
  • I was running the 95777 for ~5mins (I have my RPT and log files. Since I'm the admin of the server.)
  • Have Six Launcher installed but never use it.
  • Always connected to TS when playing.
  • I've never played Lingor.
  • I was on foot, running north near Skalka and got banned.
  • Emailed BE immediately - I await their response.
  • This is hose shit.

Lol hose shit.

Anyways that sucks. Ill check wit my guys to see if they got global banned.

If anyone wants to test, dl the 95777 and join US 1325 which is running 95417.

That's all I did. Run around for a few minutes.