Sign in to follow this  
famas (DayZ)

Global Ban on 2 accounts: DayZ

Hey,

I was playing DayZ with 3 of my friends a week ago. 2 of us including me, had found some modded files which we put into our dayz folder to spawn weapons on our private server. But after running the scripts, we 2 were banned even though it was a private server which I had assumed to be safe. Anyway, the ban carried on to all public servers and I could not find any server I could play on. I didn't feel like buying another game, but today I took the plunge and bought another copy on a new account that I made. I tried running the game, but I am still banned on my new account. How can I fix this? I would appreciate any help that I could get from you guys.

PS:

If you want to make posts like "fu hacker", "go play cod" stop wasting your time. I will not respond to those. All I can say is I was trying it on a private server because I wanted to get the FN FAL. I had no intentions of running it on a public server and I was of the opinion that you could do whatever you wanted to in a private server, but apparently not.

I was playing DayZ with 3 of my friends a week ago. 2 of us including me, had found some modded files which we put into our dayz folder to spawn weapons on our private server.

Aaaaand you thought that was a smart idea? LOL enjoy your ban, cheater.

First - BattleEye is separate from DayZ and issues 'Global Bans' to people who cheat, which then makes that person unable to join any game that has BattleEye enabled regardless of its a private server or not.

Second - Private servers are against the server hosting rules set forth by the Dev team.

Lastly - I'm not sure buying a new account works for getting around the Global Ban. Have you uninstalled ArmA 2 and all of its expansions and installed it using the new game?

You had an Intention to hack on DayZ. Doesn't matter if it's a private server. You still HACKED.

GLOBAL BANS WILL NOT BE REVERSED.

Delete the registry values from arma 2 and oa, then relaunch the game(s) through steam, as admin to rewrite them with the new key.

Op is a complete dumbass thought he was a good haxor but come to find out he was terrible and got caught red handed enjoy your two paperweight copies of Dayz

Hello there

Check BE's FAQ you can get GB'ed from running naughty stuff on your server too.

rgds

LoK

Delete the registry values from arma 2 and oa, then relaunch the game(s) through steam, as admin to rewrite them with the new key.

Thanks. It works :D.

Hello there

Check BE's FAQ you can get GB'ed from running naughty stuff on your server too.

rgds

LoK

Yeah thanks. I just checked it out.

• Like 1

Here is a Tutorial Video. I made a thread for this but it got deleted for some reason.

Thanks. It works :D.

why would that work? isnt the arma keys registered to your steam account and just put the banned key in?

First - BattleEye is separate from DayZ and issues 'Global Bans' to people who cheat, which then makes that person unable to join any game that has BattleEye enabled regardless of its a private server or not.

Second - Private servers are against the server hosting rules set forth by the Dev team.

Lastly - I'm not sure buying a new account works for getting around the Global Ban. Have you uninstalled ArmA 2 and all of its expansions and installed it using the new game?

Thanks. I am aware the Battleye is different, but it seems like this is an issue with the way guids are reported to DayZ servers.

Op is a complete dumbass thought he was a good haxor but come to find out he was terrible and got caught red handed enjoy your two paperweight copies of Dayz

You had an Intention to hack on DayZ. Doesn't matter if it's a private server. You still HACKED.

GLOBAL BANS WILL NOT BE REVERSED.

My DayZ is working. You can go ahead and troll other posts now.

Edited by famas
  • Like 2

Hey,

I was playing DayZ with 3 of my friends a week ago. 2 of us including me, had found some modded files which we put into our dayz folder to spawn weapons on our private server. But after running the scripts, we 2 were banned even though it was a private server which I had assumed to be safe. Anyway, the ban carried on to all public servers and I could not find any server I could play on. I didn't feel like buying another game, but today I took the plunge and bought another copy on a new account that I made. I tried running the game, but I am still banned on my new account. How can I fix this? I would appreciate any help that I could get from you guys.

PS:

If you want to make posts like "fu hacker", "go play cod" stop wasting your time. I will not respond to those. All I can say is I was trying it on a private server because I wanted to get the FN FAL. I had no intentions of running it on a public server and I was of the opinion that you could do whatever you wanted to in a private server, but apparently not.

the FN FAL is a very easy gun to find you didnt need to hack to get that..

why would that work? isnt the arma keys registered to your steam account and just put the banned key in?

Your cd key is registered as a hashed value in your registry, when you connect to a BE server, BE reads the hash and created a GUID based on this, this is your "CD key identifier" in BE's eyes, when you change your CD key in the registry, your guid will differ when connecting to a server, this allowing you in.

Hope you need to go to the hasstle of reformatting for a new HWID

Battleye do not do hwid bans

the FN FAL is a very easy gun to find you didnt need to hack to get that..

Forgive me. I am new to the game, and the only guns i have tried are the enfield, double barrel shotgun and some pistols. I wanted to try the other ones, especially the FAL.

Thanks to Suspenseol for his help. I would request the admins to close this post as the issue has been resolved.

so, other then to be like everyone else and work towards finding the gun, you went down the cheater road and hacked in a few for yourself.

No matter your story, you have the mentality of a cheater and a hacker.

Famas, I have some empathy for you. There are a lot of negative nancies on the forums, you should ignore the hate that will quickly build up. People are very bitter towards the hackers in Dayz atm, so anything you mention that could possibly place you in that category will make everyone hate you as well.

I personally think your intentions were completely innocent and, frankly, logical, especially since you are a new player and wanted to familiarize yourself with the game. I can completely understand that. I am sorry that you have people laughing at the fact you had to buy a 2nd copy of the game just because you weren't crystal clear on Arma II's hacking policies.

I'd recommend doing something like that on the Armory in Arma II: OA or at least hosting your custom server on LAN only with no internet access, with battleye uninstalled. Modding makes games fun, Dayz and Minecraft have both shown us this, and you got screwed over. Sorry about that.

+1 to empathy

Edited by Jivix