Sign in to follow this  
suspectmammal

Why do my tents keep getting discovered?

So me and my squad of around 8 people were all fully geared and instead of going to the coast and killing noobs we decided to build a camp. We have tried this about 6 times and every single time it gets raided we set them up in the most remote places of the map and still manage to get raided i know for a fact its not one of my teammates betraying us because they are all my real life friends. so what do you guys think, is it hackers? or just bad luck ?

Edited by suspectmammal

8 people were all fully geared and instead of going to the coast and killing noobs

Wow dude, thats just wrong

So me and my squad of around 8 people were all fully geared and instead of going to the coast and killing noobs

Sounds like your the noobs

• Like 1

How is it wrong that he ISN'T deciding to be a douchebag?

To the OP, if your placin them on the outside of the map that's why. People will just ride around on dirt bikes just to find camps because that's such a popular spot.

Wow dude, thats just wrong

this....

when you are fully geared go and kill other good geared people if you want to have pvp -.- but killing unarmed at the coast is just....no..

Players search for tents in the remote places.

Maybe if you made a camp in Cherno, they'd never think of looking there. :D

Then the people that weren't searching would just find them...

Damned if you do damned if you don't

The key is too hide them in plain site meaning hide them well in a place they wouldn't think to look so you fool both groups

Tents sometimes don't save correctly so that could be the problem, but you could be putting them in traffic areas that you may not think of as traffic areas.

Remember people like to travel through the woods unless in a vehicle but try to avoid areas people would go from city to city.

Also the top of the map is a terrible place, everyone already goes to search for bases there.

I rarely use tents...if I can't carry it on me...I don't need it. And there is nothing I can't get within half an hour of starting over either.

People hack, people follow you to your camp and people search for camps in remote locations.

I normally get geared up by finding tents like yours. If there's not much there sometimes I just note the location and let it set for awhile, let the owner think it's safe. Then once he loads it up I raid it. Tent finding is also just one of my favorite activities in game.

• Like 2

we set them up in the most remote places of the map

Also known as the first place anybody with half a brain looks for tents. Just saying.

After a few months play you realise that the map actully isn't very big to be able to stash stuff away for long periods of time.

Couple of tips on placing tents well:

Don't put them on areas of high line-of-sight.

Place them away from any landmarks (this includes any distinguisable places on the ingame map and rocks)

Put them next to 'christmas' trees & bushes for better cover (sometimes this can be bad because people mark areas to look where there is alot of these trees)

I hope that helps, even if you knew this already.

• Like 1

People have the false sense of security when they place their crap in the woods. I have found countless amounts of tents when just running between cities. So dumpy.

My suggestion is get a boat and go to that island to the right of Olsha right accross that river Guba

That is my endgame goal for DayZ, I've been working for it forever. Always wanted to head across that way.

Yep. Finding other people's stuff has become a fun past time. So, yeah, there's really no security. But then that's really life. But then again, it's hard to say what exactly is the probelm. Tents come and go now...they're there, got stuff, saved, server restart, they're gone. A couple restarts later they're back but with different stuff. Some times they are bugged and you can't add anything...but the good news is you'll never run out of NVG's because the same two pair are there every time the server restarts.

That last parts not as fun as it sounds...I swore to the gods I had put another DMR and the ammo I found in one of our tents...but it wasn't there. It wasn't until a couple days later when I KNEW I had put that AK74 I had picked up after a new life...only to find it gone and all the same stuff in there that I figured out that tent was bugged and was never gonna let me add stuff.

Vehicles come and go to. So, it's hard to tell...hackers? Bugs? Raiders? Can't really answer until the tent and vehicle bugs are fixed (hopefully in the mod for some stability for other features to be worked out for the stand alone).

I don't hackers...they don't need to raid your stuff. Besides, thunderdoming and letting you do some HALO without a parachute seems more interesting.

As far as where you are placing them? Yeah...good luck with that. Every one looks for them. And that 70's washed out woodland texture is really easy to spot...so...it's kinda a fun game to look for them.

As an aside, I would like to see a better tent texture, or textures...and I would love some camo netting to. Real cmo netting...the kind that jacks with IR. Oh...that would be a nice addition to the camo clothes - IR resistent (and after I jacked with that guy about him wanting to make camo clothes specialer).

Out.

At least you're putting that in remote places. Some good guy Greg put a tent inside Berezino hospital with a CZ550 fully loaded... go figure...

How is it wrong that he ISN'T deciding to be a douchebag?

To the OP, if your placin them on the outside of the map that's why. People will just ride around on dirt bikes just to find camps because that's such a popular spot.

they weren't outside the map there were near the edges yes but in really dense forest and near pine trees

Killing noobs and making a camp?

Please tell me you have a tent that's exclusively filled with flashlights with their victim's names written on each one in sharpie.