tandwan

To the chumps who Alt F4 and abort.

Why are you even in this forum? I mean, being a bandit for some of us means stalking someone, setting up the kill, working it to our advantage and then if / when we die learning from the experience. Why do you call yourself a bandit if the moment you get shot at you hit that macro you have which institutes an alt F4 and saves you because you were stupid?

My most recent story of an Alt F4ilure.

Snooping around at the NW airfield, had just satchel charged some poor tool who walked in (can't alt F4 from a satchel charge, asshole) and got C4 in the face, so decided to move around. Was headed to the southern barracks when I get the usual memory loss, FPS loss and aborted out to clear it. As I log back in, I immediately begin taking fire from somewhere I couldn't see. I assumed the guy was danger close because I was hearing the bang / snap within seconds of each other. I take off, full sprint into the woods and lucky for me the guys a terrible shot. I run out into the woods and spin around hoping he was following me. He wasn't so I decided to move in and see if I could catch him looking the other way. I slowly make my way up and after about 20 meters of move|scan|move|scan I catch him prone on the outside rooftop of the firehouse.

I pull out my M107 and scope in, judge the shot to be 100 meters or so and fire, round goes low and hits the wall just in front of him (hindsight, should have ranged him then he wouldn't have lived). He doesn't even scan or try to find him me, he aborts out and runs for the hills.

I know, beyond a doubt, this guy will go to another server and set up to pick up bad players all because he was able to abort out faster then I could get a second shot into him. I have -3 player kills on the 'I' menu right now because out of the 7 kills at the NW airfield: 2 were murders, 2 were shots I missed and regretted and 3 were people who hit the Alt F4 button and died but didn't leave a corpse (I confirmed one was a headshot, and still didn't give me a murder). Absolutely stupid, really stupid and hopefully Rocket can fix this issue very soon to make people who abort out of combat or alt F4 out of combat get some kind of penalty.

So as I said at start if you abort out of a firefight or you Alt F4 out of combat or a death then you're not a bandit, you're a pretend bandit. Grow some sack, lose some gear, learn from your mistakes and until then get out of this forum. You haven't earned the right to be here, yet.

• Like 23

i am sorry but i am partially confused about where you say he's a bandit :) ?

where did that person claim he was.

off-topic:

it seems you got 2 diffrent topics wich are the same O.o ?

nvm you already realised ^^

Edited by aru_azif

alt + f4 worst Thing made Bandits Enjoy the challenge don't alt f4 that is just being a pussy not even a real bandit you afraid of getting shot at dont shoot at them

and i like when guys kill me i think a reset on gear is fun its cool. you can just run in to town its fuck Dont alt f4 and Dont be a bitch

• Like 1

Worst thing is when a random guy opens fire on you, so you decide to shoot back, then he DC's because he's a crappy shot. If you're going to open fire, finish the job or live with the consequences.

• Like 2

i am sorry but i am partially confused about where you say he's a bandit :) ?

where did that person claim he was.

off-topic:

it seems you got 2 diffrent topics wich are the same O.o ?

nvm you already realised ^^

You don't go to the NW airfield, sit on top of a tower in a ghilli suit and shoot at players not trying to be a bandit. I will give benefit though, I suppose I could have this is in regards to ALL players who abort and Alt F4 to save their own ass. Truth be told, I think it should be a ban offense to abort zombies off you, abort from combat, alt F4 from combat and so forth but then this game would be pretty dead with the amount of players thrown headfirst kicking and screaming off a server because they wanted to save their precious AKS.

i love alt-f4'ers.... just the other day i shot at a guy, he disapered... 5 mins later appeared behind me (prolly did a server hop and snuck up behind me, then rejoined that server) and killed me, lost n as50, coyote, m4a1, no biggie... i guess some kids just have to resort to this sort of thing to get a kill... not mad one bit, its these other kids with NO HONOR that should be mad lol

• Like 1

c4??????? does this spawn in dayz i have not found any

What do you think is in a satchel charge? Bottle rockets?

• Like 1

Just food for thought, but if you missed its not necessarily true that he alt f4'd. He could have aborted from the game normally.

You don't go to the NW airfield, sit on top of a tower in a ghilli suit and shoot at players not trying to be a bandit. I will give benefit though, I suppose I could have this is in regards to ALL players who abort and Alt F4 to save their own ass. Truth be told, I think it should be a ban offense to abort zombies off you, abort from combat, alt F4 from combat and so forth but then this game would be pretty dead with the amount of players thrown headfirst kicking and screaming off a server because they wanted to save their precious AKS.

Why would you sit on top of a tower in a ghillie suit to begin with?...

Also, just because he left the server doesn't mean that he Alt F4'd. If you missed he could have left the legitimate way, through disconnecting.

Most of the people that alt f4 have godo stuff. One time a sniper alt f4ed and killed me and my friend and we lost all of our good shit: NVGs, GPSes, coyote packs, etc.

i love alt-f4'ers.... just the other day i shot at a guy, he disapered... 5 mins later appeared behind me (prolly did a server hop and snuck up behind me, then rejoined that server) and killed me, lost n as50, coyote, m4a1, no biggie... i guess some kids just have to resort to this sort of thing to get a kill... not mad one bit, its these other kids with NO HONOR that should be mad lol

You stayed in the same spot after an Alt F4? What are you? Retarded?

Just food for thought, but if you missed its not necessarily true that he alt f4'd. He could have aborted from the game normally.

Also, just because he left the server doesn't mean that he Alt F4'd. If you missed he could have left the legitimate way, through disconnecting.

Just because he did it the "legitimate way" doesn't make it any more right... It just means it took him slightly longer. It is still considered a combat disconnect, and is against the rules.

The legitimate way to death dodge, best I have heard today thanks.

You stayed in the same spot after an Alt F4? What are you? Retarded?

... He was saying that they Ghosted. You know, the term used to reference when someone logs off of a server during a fire fight, logs into a DIFFERENT server, moves to an advantageous position, then logs out of that server and connects back to the server where the fire fight is going on.

Alt F4 is inevitable, sucks hard, but inevitable lol

Most of the people that alt f4 have godo stuff. One time a sniper alt f4ed and killed me and my friend and we lost all of our good shit: NVGs, GPSes, coyote packs, etc.

Coyote packs are the packs we start with correct? if not...then wtf is it, I have an Alice and I lurv it

its a part of the game until Rocket fixes it. Period.

Rocket has also said you can can be banned for doing it. It is considered an exploit. Why do so many people think "it's in the game, so it's okay to do". Just because you CAN murder someone in real life doesn't mean you do. You know it's wrong, so you don't.

• Like 2

Ok your creeping in the woods ,you spot this poor soul running in a open field so you stock him/here for good 5 to 10 mins .

they stop long nuff for you to get rang on him/her ,they stop agin you put 3 center mass nothing happins they take cover after min or so they come out cover firing where you are at you jump up and shag ass you think you have lost them trow woods but nope there still on you firing at you there aim is crap they have for got to put auto aim on so u jump out with your AKM you just pulled out back pack open fire they keep running fire you die .... what would you do?

The legitimate way to death dodge, best I have heard today thanks.

Just pointing out that there is no 'rule' stating you have to stay in a fire fight until either you or your opponent dies. If someone gets away from you, like the OP did in the beginning of his post and then logs to avoid further fire fights, then thats hardly abusing a game mechanic.

Alt F4'ing is cheap, I'm just pointing out that the dude could have logged or been in the process of logging when the OP missed his first shot.

Just pointing out that there is no 'rule' stating you have to stay in a fire fight until either you or your opponent dies. If someone gets away from you, like the OP did in the beginning of his post and then logs to avoid further fire fights, then thats hardly abusing a game mechanic.

Alt F4'ing is cheap, I'm just pointing out that the dude could have logged or been in the process of logging when the OP missed his first shot.

Actually, yes, there is a rule that you can't combat disconnect. It is a bannable offense.

What do you think is in a satchel charge? Bottle rockets?

i know what it is ,how you get it ????i have not found one that spawns Edited by BigFatJohnSon

, so decided to move around. Was headed to the southern barracks when I get the usual memory loss, FPS loss and aborted out to clear it. As I log back in,.

this is my fav. part of your story..

Yeah, alt f4's pretty much suck total ass. Me and a buddy were firing at some vehicle heading for stary, and of course I see them disappear off the server list once they drive into the town. suddenly 3 people connect at the same time, and before too long we get sniped. pretty obvious what happened. there.

Coyote packs are the packs we start with correct? if not...then wtf is it, I have an Alice and I lurv it

there is the starter coyote patrol pack, but the biggest pack in the game is the regular coyote pack (it just says coyote pack, no patrol in there)

Coyote Backpack =! Coyote Patrol Pack

there are 2 types of coyote bags, one you start with then another that holds 24 slots, they have similar names just have to keep an eye out to see the differences in shape. (ones huge with many pockets other is just the normal backpack you start with)