tandwan

To the chumps who Alt F4 and abort.

I can't believe how many people in this thread support combat disconnects... I guess that just says something about people in general though.

Says that most want to live and keep their gear then to be a "man" and die?

I mean, i don't support disconnects during combat, but to expect a huge mass of people to bite the bullet... ...kinda pushing it.

Seriously Rocket, even RUNESCAPE has a method (as far as i can remember) to prevent combat logging!

It's easy, if you log out, may you're character be left in the game for 10 seconds. Sure this might be bad for people who decide to log out inside a firestation in electro, but they are few and we are a majority of loyal players that require an imidiate solution!

keep telling yourself your reasons for logging out are ok, but someone elses are wrong..

how do you know they didnt log for EXACTLY the same reasons ???

oh right because you have no idea, thats why..

You're cute. Yes, I will give the guy the benefit of the doubt. I'm sure this guys FPS tanked out 1 second after a m107 round clipped off the ground in front of him and he decided to fix his FPS by aborting out and going to another server. Nope, can't go back to that server cause when people shoot at me my frame-rate just tanks on me! I know, i'll solve that problem by going to a server where nobody is shooting at me, problem solved!

• Like 3

Says that most want to live and keep their gear then to be a "man" and die?

I mean, i don't support disconnects during combat, but to expect a huge mass of people to bite the bullet... ...kinda pushing it.

I get that sentiment, but I would expect a little shame from these people trying to defend their cheap moves. Go ahead and be cheap (not you but those who actually use combat logging), but do not try to sell it as a legitimate tactic in this game. It will be fixed (at least I hope it will), but until then it separates the good players from the cheap players who will never learn how to pvp until this option is removed. Also stop using the excuse of "well I am a survivor and do not want to pvp in the first place," that is fine but you are playing a game with a significant pvp function. You can attempt to avoid conflict when possible, but every once in awhile you will need to put on your big boy pants and actually mix it up.

Having said that I normally do not rage on this topic nor do I spend much time thinking about the people who disconnect when I am shooting at them, like most things in Dayz you just have to move on. But as someone else said if someone is cheap enough to disconnect they are most likely cheap enough to ghost you, so move positions after someone disconnects to avoid the cheapest player besides a hacker, the ghoster.

Edited by Megatron
  • Like 2

Agreed, if i'm getting shot at I don't log. If I think there's someone nearby I don't log. Having a timer wouldn't bother me one bit but it would literally kill the people who do it to escape my bullets.

I think the best idea is to implement a system that does not allow a player to log out or leave the game once they take damage for a certain period of time. If someone ALT-F4's or uses some other means of closing the game, the character remains in the world for some time (30 seconds to a minute maybe?) since the last time they took damage before they are logged out.

This means you can hunt people, and if you land a shot on them you have a small amount of time to get close to them and finish them off. It also prevents people from cheesing the Abort/ALT-F4 to avoid deaths.

Edited by Spankydoodle

Something occured to me, this sort of anti- combat avoidance feature would benefit hackers who can teleport around or abuse the game in other ways. The only time it would make sense to implement it would be in the standalone version of the game which should be locking down the client-side scripting abilities and making the game much more secure.

Alt-F4 used to annoy me.

Now whenever someone does it to me, I just picture them throwing down their weapon and running away screaming. The coward dies 1,000 deaths.

I was sniping Starry last night and I got eight kills...

Only three were confirmed. The rest I'd shoot and see blood as they'd fold but then the bodies would disappear. Worst thing is groups that Combat Log at once.

A group with a bus came in from the southern road - right past me - and stopped near the large shed/hanger and got out. Three went to the tents, one stayed at the vehicle and two ran through the town probably to the super market.

Spying the bloke at the bus an easy mark I mil-ranged him to be 450m away, dialed for 400m and held high on his chest. One quick scan told me the others were still looting as there were zombies everywhere.

*BOOM*

Kill.

Murder Count +1.

I quickly snap to the tents to see if... and every zombie in Starry disappears like that. Server player count drops by at least six.

So I put a marker on the dead bloke, two markers over the town for "battle logging pussies" and emptied my magazine into the bus for a sizable fire ball.

And I got killed about half an hour later on the other side of the town. I was in my usual overwatch from a nice bush when I hear the tell tale cracks of a fifty cal shooting at me.

Do Alt-F4? NO.

I roll, roll, roll, away from the gunfire, get behind some trees for cover and get up to sprint away to reposition... Right into the path of another bloke creeping up on me from behind.

Well played, sirs, well played.

However if they didn't have a thermal gun (confirmed by my friend who shot the one who must have been shooting at me to begin with and swapped to an AS50) I doubt they would have seen through my camo.

Edited by grylsyjaeger
  • Like 1

Ok your creeping in the woods ,you spot this poor soul running in a open field so you stock him/here for good 5 to 10 mins .

they stop long nuff for you to get rang on him/her ,they stop agin you put 3 center mass nothing happins they take cover after min or so they come out cover firing where you are at you jump up and shag ass you think you have lost them trow woods but nope there still on you firing at you there aim is crap they have for got to put auto aim on so u jump out with your AKM you just pulled out back pack open fire they keep running fire you die .... what would you do?

go buy some better internet so that your bullets aren't lagging, don't hate the game cause you died, hate the fact that your too tight to afford decent interwebz, and it got you killed

also, i give two cans of beans to OP, cause this is a fucking stupid problem, should implement something like blizzard where you are logging in to the server for 20 seconds after you hit the disconnect button, so you make sure your ass is in a safe spot before you disconnect or else you log in later you your ass full of bullet holes, this would fix a lot of the bitching and teach people that if you fuck up and miss someone in real life, you can't alt f4 and dodge death, you get shot and then you get dead

Why are you even in this forum? I mean, being a bandit for some of us means stalking someone, setting up the kill, working it to our advantage and then if / when we die learning from the experience. Why do you call yourself a bandit if the moment you get shot at you hit that macro you have which institutes an alt F4 and saves you because you were stupid?

My most recent story of an Alt F4ilure.

Snooping around at the NW airfield, had just satchel charged some poor tool who walked in (can't alt F4 from a satchel charge, asshole) and got C4 in the face, so decided to move around. Was headed to the southern barracks when I get the usual memory loss, FPS loss and aborted out to clear it. As I log back in, I immediately begin taking fire from somewhere I couldn't see. I assumed the guy was danger close because I was hearing the bang / snap within seconds of each other. I take off, full sprint into the woods and lucky for me the guys a terrible shot. I run out into the woods and spin around hoping he was following me. He wasn't so I decided to move in and see if I could catch him looking the other way. I slowly make my way up and after about 20 meters of move|scan|move|scan I catch him prone on the outside rooftop of the firehouse.

I pull out my M107 and scope in, judge the shot to be 100 meters or so and fire, round goes low and hits the wall just in front of him (hindsight, should have ranged him then he wouldn't have lived). He doesn't even scan or try to find him me, he aborts out and runs for the hills.

I know, beyond a doubt, this guy will go to another server and set up to pick up bad players all because he was able to abort out faster then I could get a second shot into him. I have -3 player kills on the 'I' menu right now because out of the 7 kills at the NW airfield: 2 were murders, 2 were shots I missed and regretted and 3 were people who hit the Alt F4 button and died but didn't leave a corpse (I confirmed one was a headshot, and still didn't give me a murder). Absolutely stupid, really stupid and hopefully Rocket can fix this issue very soon to make people who abort out of combat or alt F4 out of combat get some kind of penalty.

So as I said at start if you abort out of a firefight or you Alt F4 out of combat or a death then you're not a bandit, you're a pretend bandit. Grow some sack, lose some gear, learn from your mistakes and until then get out of this forum. You haven't earned the right to be here, yet.

I like how you automatically assume that the guy you killed with a satchel charge was an Alt-F4ing "asshole". I know Alt-F4ing in combat is annoying, and complete B.S, but it has been posted several times on the forums that this needs a fix. You don't need to put up another post creating pointless bitching.

P.S. If he was only 100m away why didn't you take another approach. Like take him out with your other primary. Or zero in using a formula or something. Plus your margin or error is quite large using something like a M107 as such close range.