Koot (DayZ)

WTF is happening to the server community.

In this zombie apocalypse everyone first started out with one goal. To survive. Everyone wanted to survive and live as long as their feeble body would let them, all until they started watching everyone around them die. Slowly and slowly they went insane, knowing they were the zombies next meal. They couldn't take it anymore. They grabbed their gun and ran outside, screaming, tired of waiting. The apocalypse is finally setting into those who are weak minded. Fear has won.

I love this humanity, killing everyone is human... Bull fucking shit. How do you think our species got to where it has. Argue against history and psychological studies all you want, it is amazing to see how stupid some of you are.

you were deep into forum reading mode to pull this little jewel back up

Nah it was linked from another post i just noobed out and posted in this one

It was highly appropriate calling these goons, "CoD kiddies" and going further back, "CS kiddies".

Anyone that has actually played those games will all say the same thing.

Hardly anyone playing those games GIVES A FLYING FUCK about objectives.

No zombies.

No apocalypse.

No survival scenario.

Just mindless shooting and dying, over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over....

So once again....GO BACK TO CoD, Kiddies, and keep all your mindless thought nuggets to yourselves.

edit: I did actually hear a saying recently that reflects this, it is PTFO. Stands for PLAY THE FUCKING OBJECTIVE. I wonder why... Sadly it does not seem to have caught on.

I love how the game is. Everyone I play with loves how the game is. The main gripes are bugs, but we realize this is an alpha. You don't like the PvP aspect of the game? All right. Leave, then. I don't think Rocket's goal is to attract as many people as possible to this mod as he could. If he wanted that, he could've made a really shitty mod with friendly fire off and full loot respawn. He hasn't. Nobody's developing a shitty PvP-lite version off this game for you.

tldr:

Keep crying, baby!

350px-Meettheheavy4.PNG

• Like 1

I love how the game is. Everyone I play with loves how the game is. The main gripes are bugs' date=' but we realize this is an alpha. You don't like the PvP aspect of the game? All right. Leave, then. I don't think Rocket's goal is to attract as many people as possible to this mod as he could. If he wanted that, he could've made a really shitty mod with friendly fire off and full loot respawn. He hasn't. Nobody's developing a shitty PvP-lite version off this game for you.

tldr:

Keep crying, baby!

[img']http://tf2wiki.net/w/images/thumb/0/0b/Meettheheavy4.PNG/350px-Meettheheavy4.PNG

Ya, TF2 is another perfect example. Everyone treats that like a deathmatch too and fuck the objectives.

I don't hate pvp, I just hate you. Mindless, shooting, retards.

Yes, I'm, such, a mindless, shooting, retard, I use, commas, unnecessarily.

Let me repeat it again: Stop playing the game. Stop coming here and whining. Nobody cares. You're just troll fodder.

Yes' date=' I'm, such, a mindless, shooting, retard, I use, commas, unnecessarily.

Let me repeat it again: Stop playing the game. Stop coming here and whining. Nobody cares. You're just troll fodder.

[/quote']

Grammar correction. The last resort of the losing side.

As for being troll fodder....LOL you have no clue, now get off my lawn.

Seeing i haven't played this game for long, i can't judge the ingame environment, i have only once been shot by a player, which was because i had a broken bone and hardly any blood so I was crawling towards him in hopes he would help me (which he sort of did, 'out of my misery') I guess he feared me sneaking up on him...

What i can judge on is the utter sewer level behavior of people on these forums, It may have to do with Rocket's behavior or even the Mods, but in general i found that the behavior of mods sets the standard on a forum, together with their level of moderation. i would say that over half the responses to well formulated posts are garbage that should be deleted on sight, troll posts should just be removed and trolls given a 24h ban. Keep that up and soon all the (excuse me for using this word) 'fucktards' will leave, and all those with half a brain will actually start to discuss things, disagreeing is part of discussion, without it there tends to be no discussion at all. Where discussion differs from half the garbage in here is that 'ad hominin' are largely frowned upon and arguements are used to disagree, not swearing or other sewer level interaction.

And tbqh, i could do without all those swearing non civilized idiots, and in part i feel 'ashamed' to be a part of the same species, though perhaps in some genepools there has been a devolution instead of an evolutionary progression.

I am mostly shocked about some of the 'staple' responses to general feedback. As for all the comments on this review stating 'this is alpha, wait till it's finished' ... well Alpha is the phaze where one decides on all the major features of a game, and implements them, so feedback is actually quite valuable ... And in an alpha, a forum should be mostly about feedback, the comments i read in various threads, and a lot of others as well, seem to be totally unaware of what alpha means, while the statement is used to devalue the posts that are most important during an alpha... :huh:

As last: There can be one clear rule on the forum for the mods and us to uphold:

'If i wouldn't want my mom to read this, i should not post it' (or for mods: i should just delete this).

As far as Rocket goes, I have not read enough posts to judge your behavior, i value the creation of this mod though, and i greatly value your interaction with the community. But if you come with a lot of swearing and sarcasm, do realize that a lot of people mirror this behavior in order to get on your 'good side' as for some reason 'knowing or being on friends terms' with a Dev comes with some sort of honor and status. Now i surely don't want to discourage you from posting, and esp. not set you into the mode i read about in your post on page 28 (i think). Don't be perfect, communicate, and 'swear' if things are screwed up, we all do! But do not appreciate douches, snears, flames, etc. in fact i would personally instruct my mods to delete those kinds of posts and ban people for 24h, then perhaps a 3 strikes of 24h and 'you are out' (aka ban them for 6 months or so). As soon as people see you are serious about 'some' level of civilized interaction on the forums, they will adopt and start to behave more civilized (and those that don't will be gone) ... The discussions will likely turn more towards constructive critisism instead of 'insert rant/flame/troll/swear here' and that will be more beneficial to the mod ...

This may not change anything about the ingame situation though, and i have seen various very civilized posts from bandits, I think they are a great part of the game. But the people with less social skills than zombies on these forums though...

• Like 1

Life expectancy is up to 38. It was 28 when bandit skins were removed. 31 before 1.7.1.5.

What Death Match we talking about?

It's easier to find a hatchet and run into town and look for someone to kill or a dead body with gear than it is to find it all yourself. That is likely why the tards are taking over.

I'm somewhat losing interest in this game atm. Hopefully the next update will fix some of the bigger issues (logging out at first sign of danger, server hopping, ghosting) but the game is far too easy for teams and incredibly rough on loners. If you're not in a clan or with some random guys you somehow can trust, you're at a tremendous disadvantage. That's somewhat real but it makes playing alone a walking-through-the-woods-while-hoping-you-dont-break-a-leg simulator or forces you to throw away life after life hoping to get decent gear off a dead guy in a city.

edit: To the guy crying about cursing. Get over it. It's the internet. Feel free to install a word filter if you can't handle it. This is also a game and quite a few people here are going to be immature. Don't write us a book about how you disapprove.

Assuming you mean 'me' with 'the guy crying about cursing' ... so being on the internet makes it ok then? ... i been on the internet since 96, and i remember a whole different internet from back then, i got into online FPS gaming in 98, and i remember a whole different community feel. Sure there were asshats even then, but in general they were frowned upon, disregarded as unworthy, which only made them rage more and generally 'quit' ... having 'our' own server made things even simpler, anybody that didn't atleast behave slightly civil was just kicked off, if it persisted -> banned. Problem solved...

Somewhere along the road though, this behavior became somehow accepted and even 'expected', like wth? and this meant that in a large amount of cases it's impossible to even have a discussion. UNLESS, there are mods around that actually care whether their site is a sespool of hate or a half civilized place to discuss things. And i've seen numerous times here on this forum it was said, if you want something 'changed' make it happen yourself, well I would love to ... tobad i'm don't have mod powers...

I stopped sneaking around because the zombies became super human. I say fuck it and just sprint everywhere now.

I no longer give a fuck about who sees me. I can't sneak past the damn zombies without wasting 30 minutes of my life so I just run, go into a building, pick up something to smash them with, do it, kill people who try to fuck with me and then go on my way.

I don't kill survivors but I no longer play like I give a shit.

So' date=' here i take a break from playing DayZ for about 1 week, i come back, and what?

Most of the servers are filled with idiots who think it's Call of Duty apparently.

Literally, just a few hours ago, i hopped around 6 servers, and in each and every one of them there was a god damn deathmatch going on, noone gave a shit about surviving or cooperating or anything, everyone just shot everyone, with zombies attempting to break up the battles in vain (they all get slaughtered all over the place). This was nowhere near to the classic pvp in dayz, it was an all out, no rules no shits, deathmatch.

What the hell happened?

It seems like people are getting tired of sneaking around all day and losing everything because of a stupid mistake or ambush, and simply live fast and die early.

[/quote']

Is call of duty the only other fps game you know?

Because show me why killing eachother in the way you discribed is a thing that is unique to a game like call of duty ?

Or are you using the comparison of call of duty because you read about it on the forums here and it is indeed the only other fps game you know.

Even though you basicly never played it yourself or any other fps game.